It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Graffiti of the Templars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Lost Graffiti of the Templars

www.forteantimes.com

The assumption that first-hand evid­ence of the Templars’ mysteries was erased along with the structure of their organisation has been perpetuated by so many books that most researchers, scholars included, entirely ignore the fact that the Templars actually did leave behind some startling indications of their thoughts in the form of stone-carved graffiti in prisons where they were held following the suppression of 1307.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ya gotta love historical graffiti. it gives us all sorts on insights for example the tons of graffiti in the pyramids put there by their builders not only give indications of how they lived, what they ate, their team names...how they did what they did etc. but prove that the pyramids were built by human beings and not little green men.

Historical graffiti in the catacombs of Rome provides insights into early Christianity and so forth.

As for the Templar's it is fairly certain now that while they started out as a Christian force their long exposure to eastern Christianity...Islam and Judaism changed them into a deeper organization with deeper meanings than the tradition Christianity of Europe at the time. They became one of the first international organizations of the high middle ages and in the long run became the bankers and insurers of the church and the aristocracy which of course became their downfall.

www.forteantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well at least I am getting some stars for this but a discussion would be nice too.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In my opinion the templars never died out they went underground to switzerland and the city of london with all theyre treasure. in the city of london they built their base where they still run the world today. The Crown Temple, Chancery house, crown office row city of london, there american branch is skull and bones. How did i link skull and bones to the templars? simply by the worsip of heads/skulls as reported by the yaleies that broke into the crypt at yale and found skulls etc. And from the confessions of de molay about the head of john the baptist and the baphomet. I manaaged to link my family back to godfroy de boullion (unfortunatly, many here in the uk/scotland/wales do). I personally think the whole thing goes back to atlantis and the sons of the law of one and the sons of belial. And the belief in either the cosmos/infinite inlelligience/godhead as one being and that we are all part of the one(sons of the law of one) And the belief of belial/baal/bel/satan being the underlord of the unity( sons of belial)

[edit on 12-3-2010 by cosmodromia tis parnasida]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The biggest argument against some all powerful secret society running the world is the mess its in.

If they are running the world they are doing a piss poor job of it and I want my money back.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think you will find that they think the world is going to plan, as they want it. They dont think of human life as valuable as they belive that we are infinite beings, they only want full control of the planet to build theyre new world, with only new lives entering it by their choice. Killing to them doesnt really matter because its only killing suffering bodies not immortal souls (in their opinion) . I was in an ordo mysticusque, and that is how they think. And i do belive that we are immortal beings but i dont think the way they are going about things is right but they have the power, we gave it to them.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Interesting find.

I don't ever remember coming across any mention of the prison graffiti in any of the myriad of books that I have read on the subject of the Templars.

Good read and well worth the time for anyone interested in the subject.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
IMO...a small contingent of the Knights Templar still exsists. We know there is a "public" order in which people that meet certain criteria can join, but that IMO is for those who want to THINK they are part of the actual Knights Templar, nothing more.

Those who are still a part of the original order, I believe, still have information that the world wants, but will never get, or will only get by mistake, or by someone who figures out a way to find the order.

As for the Knights Templar and the Skull & Bones...if anything, the S&B made it appear that they and the Knights have a relationship. IMO, the original Knights Templar would kill the S&B for their ways and practices. I think the S&B lied to many members and used their "hey we are friends of the Knights Templar" as a recruting tool.

As for the article and photos. Very cool indeed, but it makes you wonder if they are original KT graffiti or were they done by others who were KT supporters/admirers??? If they are authentic, its a very nice find. Hell its a nice find even if they aren't!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmodromia tis parnasida

I am sorry but that is nonsense if only because the world is too vast and complex for some sort of secret organization to control.

When confronted with notions like this I break out Occam's Razor and start sharpening it.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would be interrested in some kind of pictures, what these grafitti look like and what message was conveyed.
Did it only say "Hugo de Beaumarchais was here" or was there any symbolical signifficance?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a nice story OP, really interesting.

from the OP source
A few academics to whom I showed the symbols denied they had any meaning at all, dismissing them as “doodles” or “the idlings of an inmate”

(a pythonesque templar absent mindedly carving symbols into the rocks while on hold to the papal appeals call centre.)

i find this kind of grafitti quite powerful, it feels like a really direct connection with the person who created it.

the person went to a lot of effort to make the mark because they had a need to express something to those that would pass that way after them. it's like they are saying "i was here" and when you read it, you acknowledge them.

i can't agree with dismissing it, it dismisses the humanity from history. somebody wanted to say something when the made the mark, they were trying to say something to those that would come after.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

According to the article there are a lot of symbols carved into the stone of the prisons in question.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The templars faded into the background and become the Rosicrucian's. Many came to North America and settled. See the hooked X and the Kensington rune stone. I have found that the most prevalent symbols in templars is the Cross, the sun, the moon, the 8 pointed exploding star, the cube or square, and of course the circle. I believe that the Cross in the middle of circle stand for the devision of the 12 zodiac signs in their houses into four quarters. The circle represents the serpent eating its tail. The cosmic serpent is the cycle of the zodiacs. We are entering onto the last sign of Pisces into Aquarius. Its the cycle the Mayan calender says ends in 2012. Thats why Christ died on a cross. His sacrifices and faith in him overcomes the quarterly destruction and judgment. Thats why a cross and in the quarters are crosses. Four destructions, four judgments and the sacrifice covers them all. The templars knew this info because they were started by the conversion of a few zealots into Johhanism and its occult teachings that set up shop nest to the ruins of the temple. for a really good explanation as to templar cross one only needs to read the 30th chapter of morals and dogma. For a really cool understanding of the cross and serpent see this video about the cross of henday www.youtube.com...
I believe that by scribing these symbols they believed they could invoke power and get set free.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

The Rosicrucian's are a 19th century occultists creation.

The cross and circle is an old symbol of power implying the world under Christ. It is also often seen as a globe with a cross on top.

The Kensington rune stone has been proved a fake.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

Really great thread and an interesting read. I love this type of stuff. Makes you wonder and worry.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

kensington stone is not a fake my friend, go research or provide evidence. the Idea of the cross on the earth is a christian teaching but it derives from occult understanding of the process God created into the heavens and earth. watch the video and see. If not prove im wrong. Lets see something more than argument.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

I just spent the past 10 minutes reading articles about the Kensington stone and for every one that says its genuine is another saying its a fake so I guess its what you want to believe or not.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well I read the book the hooked X by scott wolter and I would tell you to read his work as he is the one that certifies its real. His expertise is stone. Look him up and the guy he partnered with. The hooked X will also tell you a lot about the templars origins and the rune the hooked X that is on it. Just for fun would you believe that Christopher Columbus was really a converted templar? All evidence points to it. for one, what cross was adorned on his ships sails? Great OP, flagged.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Very interesting find: I find it funny that the Templars are always betrayed as Christian. There are some very interesting symbols which to me look like a reference to a 13 month lunar calender and a 9 pointed star which could be seen as the earths position in space how long are each of those lines. Could they represent how far a point is from the sun? It also reminds me of the golden plaque attatched to the Viking probes.....interesting stuff. Well it is Friday...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
The biggest argument against some all powerful secret society running the world is the mess its in.

If they are running the world they are doing a piss poor job of it and I want my money back.

Its all a distraction, its operating exactly as it was intended. People say Britain is broken, its not, its running perfectly if your an elitist!

There is always a reason.

Have a read of- 2012time2growup.ning.com... for a rough idea on things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join