It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of a Solar Corona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I saw this article in the paper today and found it very interesting. It shows just how powerful our Sun is.

Anyway, if you read until the last couple of sentences it almost appears as a forewarning for what could happen come 2012. I've never really bought into the idea before but I must admit this was quite spooky.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by onetruesaxon]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That solar maximum has been reschedueled for May of 2013.
Hope the doom sayers can wait till then
Amazing photo though, i can't wait until we really get into harvesting the suns energy.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry not a whole to say. This is a group of amazing photos well played..

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian
Sorry not a whole to say. This is a group of amazing photos well played..

Agreed!
Very nice find, very nice pictures.

S&F

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

It is a great pic.
Sorry to have to inform you though,that a thread of this has already been made.
Link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
That solar maximum has been reschedueled for May of 2013.
Hope the doom sayers can wait till then
Amazing photo though, i can't wait until we really get into harvesting the suns energy.

Scientists have predicted the next solar maximum at 2013, however, the last solar max was in 2001. Well

2001 + 11 = 2012

2012 will be 11 years since the last cycle. The sun is acting very odd, they don't really know when the next solar max will be, but if it follows its regular 11 year cycle, it will be in late 2012, to early 2013.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
First of all; no.

Second of all; the sun's neutrinos pass through matter harmlessly. An increase in neutrinos would still pass through matter harmlessly. High-energy neutrinos (perhaps created by the death of certain kinds of stars) may cause cancer... and slowly wipe out humanity. They would not heat up the earth's core and cause any kind of global catastrophe.

Research. Always do your homework when reading about false prophecies regarding any specific dates.

Oh! And the sun is not dying in anyone's current lifespan. You're safe from cancer... at least high-energy neutrino cancer...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't really care when the next solar max will be and I don't think that the sun can cause earthquakes and such. However I'm concerned about a huge flare hitting the earth and frying the power grid. I don't think it really matters when the next solar max is...flares can happen any time and I just hope we don't take a direct hit.

new topics

top topics

join