It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKE FLU SHOT VICTIM! [Desiree Jennings]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hey guys,

This is my first substantial post on ATS and I wanted to make it count! So, I came across this video and wanted to know what you guys thought about it:

It was said that Jennings was suffering from excruciating pain after receiving a seasonal flu shot, and that she as obviously neurologically affected. I can totally vouch for the involuntary movements in terms of a neurological standpoint as I suffer from a mild form of Cerebral Palsy, myself.

But I don't know, I completely call shenanigans on this one, again, what do you guys think?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Stellar Divinity]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
idk what to make of it... it was trippy. How can her accent have changed? thats so wild, so i cant determine anything. and how she walked, and also, look at the scenes where she first had it, her husband looks pretty stressed out like this isnt a joke. hmmmm, i'll debunk

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sKATiNwHENiCAN

I know, right? And I know I've heard of like, some people neurologically being affected in terms of like accent changes and stuff, but I want to think it's rare. Also, her husband does look incredibly stressed out. I know I would be if my significant other was in that kind of situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I don't think it was a hoax. Maybe I'm too paranoid but there seemed to be a lot of programming in that video.

Alternative medicine = dangerous/evil.
Negative reactions to vaccine = hoaxes/psychological.

There are alternative treatments for cancer patients that are more effective and less dangerous than chemotherapy but they made the doctor look like a villain and a quack when they made a comment about his treatment of cancer patients and how they were similar to the techniques he used for her.

Then we have other doctors who believe it was related to the vaccine but a doctor from the CDC who hasn't even examined her making a diagnosis. I have a lot of skepticism towards groups like that.

I remember when she was first going through treatments and the progress she was making. It was really incredible but now it's 'bad?'

I don't know. Something stinks and it feels more like it's that Inside Edition segment than it is the patient or her original doctor.

I'm open to being wrong but watch the video closely and you should be able to pin point all the negative programming.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stellar Divinity
But I don't know, I completely call shenanigans on this one, again, what do you guys think?

Hoax, just like most of the flu vaccine rubbish posted by conspiracy theorists here and elsewhere.

[edit on 11/3/10 by dereks]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
BUSTED.

I bet she was hoping to file a lawsuit too.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree, when I first saw it, I thought it was fishy because well, it was Insider. But at the same time, I know the CDC is kind of a big deal, and the fact she came out fine after seeming so terrible comes across as odd.

I'm not saying that her recovery is horrible, if she did in fact overcome that, then good for her! I just wasn't all that sure about the whole thing, myself.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
BUSTED.

I actually thought she wasn't going to talk to the interviewer who walked up to her, honestly. Because the typical reaction of someone being 'found out' after something like that would definitely be the opposite of receptive. I really think if we would've gotten more of what the doctor had to say things might have been more credible in regards to this. But even the CDC segment seemed sketchy!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The thing is, the CDC is one of the groups pushing the flu vaccines. So they obviously don't want to have the vaccines look bad. But the real alarm bell is they're basically accusing her of being a hoaxer or at least wrong in that it's all in her head... but admit they haven't examined her.

Meanwhile the doctors who have examined her, say her disorder was from the vaccine.

This looks like damage control and demonization of a possible victim.

Not that I don't think sometimes negative reactions to vaccines can be overblown for propaganda. But her case does seem legitimate.

It's fishy how they're accusing her and her doctor of all this stuff when they haven't even met her to run tests.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It would be very interesting to hear the doctor's perspective on this, but obviously that's somewhat impossible to ascertain given the information in this (what I still consider sketchy) video. I just think like, from a neurological standpoint that it would be nice to know how she managed to be cured so quickly since the onset of problems seemed to be so serious.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, I would rule out this being real before I’d rule out a hoax.

Statistically speaking how often do such occurrences end up being real?

The vast majority of them are debunked, which is why vaccination paranoia rarely makes its way into the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
deleted

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper
Well, I would rule out this being real before I’d rule out a hoax.

Statistically speaking how often do such occurrences end up being real?

The vast majority of them are debunked, which is why vaccination paranoia rarely makes its way into the mainstream media.

I agree, wholeheartedly; however, being a person who has a neurological disability i.e. Cerebral Palsy that manifests itself physically in my left side, I find that while it would be something hard to 'fake' in terms of disability, I also find that the fact she somehow obtained a miraculous cure sounds a bit too good to be true.

P.S. Will add some stuff later.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I know, right? Usually you would think given that situation someone would want to file a lawsuit of some kind. However, it may have been purely for media attention. I would really like to hear from the doctor who initially took up her case, though. It would definitely be an interesting read.

The walking backwards verses forwards thing is something that I also found to be interesting.

Information on Dystonia Via Wikipedia

Here is some information regarding Dystonia and its affects and types. However, I see nothing about walking backwards to be something that alleviates the symptoms, so I really don't understand this, even from a neurological standpoint considering the left and right hemispheres of our brains control the opposite sides of our body, ergo the left controls the right, and the right controls the left, etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i recon she's been given chelation therapy by this doctor, what is normally removes all toxins and heavy metals, coused by vaccines or whatever

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It was a hoax. Videos have been posted by amateur videographers and by others showing her moving around fine just days after she gave that interview. Then about a week after the first of those popped up, she released a personal video diary of how she miraculously got better all of a sudden through homeopathic treatments. AND, to clarify, she did file a lawsuit which is what brought the case to the media's attention.

Shannanigans indeed, but if you get a second, find the remix video set to the song "Walk It Out" on youtube. Absolutely hilarious.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
All of you claiming she is a hoaxer, have you ever noticed the side effects listed on the meds people take?

A lot of them can cause seizures or involuntary movements. I have seen seizure meds where the warnings say it can cause seizures.
Can we say duh?

Funny how most of the meds on the market today are not even approved for release yet are allowed to be marketed.

Doesn't strike you funny?

The fact that she is ok one moment and disabled the next by these seizures does not make her a fake.
Just because someones symptoms come and go does not make them a fraud.

top topics

join