It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Mystery of Lost Books

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The burning of the Great Library at Glastonbury Abbey ranks up top on the list of tragedies in human history and then the final destruction of the Abbey by Henry VIII rubbed salt into the wounds.

This thread is the sort where I usually direct those interested in the biblical aspects to dive into the scholarship of Margaret Barker, D.D. (Cantuar.) It was in reading her commentary that I finally understood what had happened to drive out Lady Wisdom (or the feminine aspect of God) from Judaism and from some traditions in Christianity. I recommend everything she has written including her most recent work on Ecology and Saving the Planet -- a joint project of Barker and the Ecumenical Patriarch of Eastern Orthodoxy. Extraordinary minds.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
no book of enoch?

and i also heard before that jesus wrote books that were never released

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88

Sounds interesting, where are your sources for this?

That would make for one hell of a read... no pun.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
not really a creditable source, just somebody I trust

he also said that the vatican has them

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungGod88

No offense but in other words that really doesn't mean anything.

The Essene Gospels of Peace (whether legit or not) are probably the closest resemblance of what an actual text written by Jesus would have been like.

www.essene.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Well, my husband goes on and on about the Library at Alexandria being burned to the ground, so that definitely didn't help things.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reluctant-messenger.com...
and
www.bibleufo.com...

...these are two very good sites on Lost Books. I've read through many of them (not all cuz there's a lot to read). Personally, I'm a very strong Christian and have been doing my best to drink in as much knowledge as I can without the religious filter in place. I truly hope the above links are helpful to this thread. I apologize in advance if they have already been mentioned.
May the peace of the Lord be with you all...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Lets not forget private collectors, secret socities, and people who just don't know what they possess, imagine what kind of material they got their hands on. It makes you wonder how anyone in their right mind can call themselves a professional of our history with so much of it missing. I bet it would take just one of these books to totally change our line of thinking or atleast make us rewrite every history book we have now. What do you guys think might be the most pertinent book/books from our past?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have often considered "The Book Of The Wars Of The Lord" to be the Enuma Elish. It makes sense. "Marduk" is obviously "the Lord" of Genesis. The Enuma Elish is like a prologue to Genesis. And also, the Enuma Elish is about the "wars" of the gods in outer space.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I could read about the Voynich Manuscript all day. It boggles my mind that that book has been around for half a millennium and still hasn't been deciphered.

Reading about this book led me to come across this article about the Book Of Soyga
which is apparently a treatise on MAGIC so I imagine there are some people around here that might find it of particular interest.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Threadfall]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It could be we destroy our own history as sort of a defense mechanism. I believe the Tower of Babel story relates to this. It seems once humanity reaches a certain level of power (knowlege), we find ways to hurt ourselves with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the lost "books"or "knowhow"
from the elderly shamans.
books that never got written down.

a cave full of art, no books.

caves as books ?

expanding ones brain is not a book.
so it wasn't written, in those times.

just experienced.

books that got lost and never been a book.

ancient books, lost in time, or is it really lost?

???

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Greater than highly likely is the probability that copies of the scrolls contained in the Library of Alexandria were secretly deposited elsewhere. Like the Nag Hamadi codices, in the event of such a horrific act of destruction as levied by the christians upon the Library, the contents of the Library stand a good chance of having been copied and cached away in the desert.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iiianyydayiii
It could be we destroy our own history as sort of a defense mechanism. I believe the Tower of Babel story relates to this. It seems once humanity reaches a certain level of power (knowlege), we find ways to hurt ourselves with it.

If this is true, and I hope it isn't, we are in for a world of hurt because the amount of information being produced today worldwide is increasing at a parabolic exponential rate.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the old mythology of the big labyrinth, with endless possibility`s and way`s to turn to.
ending in dead ends or monsters, and the like.
is this not a clear message to the future that man can know everything, only to lose it again and again.

a huge labyrinth without a real possible solution, is that not how we would describe the lost and destroyed ancient know how and history?

why would a myth be made about a labyrinth that cannot be solved, just to marvel at?

isn't myth the real lost book of the thinks to remember long ago for the future?

step one go into the labyrinth!
step two get lost.
step three realize you got lost.
step four, try again.
etc

[edit on 17-3-2010 by telfyr]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88
no book of enoch?

I was thinking the same thing, book of enoch would have been cool to add in there, but if im not mistaken didnt they actually find the book of enoch. it talks about all kinds of angles, spells, how the angles petitioned enoch to be there defence lawyer when god was angry with them, and all kinds of other neat bible stories that were deemed unfit for "real" christianity, along with the gospel of mary, judas, enoch, eve, the story of adam and eve, and all the other apochrapha (sp?) texts

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join