It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Restart Large Hadron Collider-Earth Quakes Jump 10x!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The LHC is said to have started up on sunday Feb 28th by some sources but was actually up and running on the 27th and maybe before that.

Large Hadron Collider

The part of this story about a glitch could be disinfo.

In conjunction, earthquake activity went from 13 on the 26th, up to over 100! the following day on the 27th! Not only that the intensity went up as well. See for yourself.

USGS

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just how exactly does the LHC increase the number and intensity of earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Its a fragile earth? Relativity?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhhh.....

Glad that's cleared up then.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Well, to be fair, there is no evidence that it does. On the other hand, we are beginning to fiddle with things that are new to us in our current human experience. We can say "oh, well, nothing will happen", but we've been wrong before. I can imagine a situation where the simple movement of a gold atom in a circle at near the speed of light (albeit we are not even close to that in the LHC yet) *might* cause some gravitational distortions. These could lead to earthquakes.

But then, this could be normal. Anyone want to look through USGS archives and see if there is a precedent for a sudden spike in global earthquakes?

Also keep in mind that just because two things happen at the same time does not 100% guarantee a causual connection.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
First was the HAARP doing earthquakes. Now is the LHC doing earthquakes. Then next will be the ISS doing earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What about all the other times it was started up?

What about the other colliders around the world that have started up over the years?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Where are the FACTS?!?!

This is nothing but baseless conjecture... with nothing whatsoever to back up this claim, why post such a thread with absoloutly NO evidence to link the LHC with an increase in earthquake activity, you don't even present a theory!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Ohhhhhhhh.....

Glad that's cleared up then.

lol YUP thats all she wrote

case closed ahahaha

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

But then, this could be normal. Anyone want to look through USGS archives and see if there is a precedent for a sudden spike in global earthquakes?

Also keep in mind that just because two things happen at the same time does not 100% guarantee a causual connection.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by rogerstigers]

I agree with you. Just posting the data.

As far as normal and precedent the study first must be made for times that LHC was running.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Exactly, there is zero evidence that is does, probably because it does not.
And really this is not all that new to begin with, there are plenty other collider's that did not cause earthquakes either.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Was there actually an increase in earthquake activity? Or did a couple more than usual make the evening news?

Where does this 10x number come from?

I think if earthquakes suddenly increased tenfold we would be hearing something from the scientific community.

Anyone looked at the USGS data?

EDIT- I looked at the specific USGS data for the past month and didn't see anything out of the ordinary from what I've seen in the past.

Here is a link to the USGS explanation on why there seems to be more earthquakes in recent times - earthquake.usgs.gov...

I also looked for discussion on the internet of a recent spike in earthquake frequency but didn't find anything outside of the usual planet-x, "Jesus is returning this Tuesday," and HAARP websites.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by WhiteOneActual]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Step Beyond...
First was the HAARP doing earthquakes. Now is the LHC doing earthquakes. Then next will be the ISS doing earthquakes?

Dude, they put the LHC in Haarp, put the whole haarp system on the ISS, and had men in black working for the NWO turn it on obviously.

keep up already!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
One day you have low activity with low scale the next day its off the wall.

Its a spike in two ways and should be looked at.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

Read the links man! In this thread reading the info is a must. If you are looking for easy answers here forget about it. You must put some gray matter into this.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If this is the case then CERN is somehow messing with the dynamic action of the earth's magnetic/gravity field.

But then the following question is, did Fermilab have the same effects all these years? Since or even before 2001 Fermilab has been holding the record at smashing particles at around 1TeV, which Cern recently broke at 1.18 TeV.

People are concentrating so much on Cern but have been completely oblivious to Fermilab. Perhaps this is due to the fact Cern is much more open than Fermilab? I guess people have no reason to complain when the "science" is hidden.

I believe Cern and Fermilab do have an effect on gravity due to experiments showing rotating charged particles create a gravitational field, but whether it has a big effect on earth is a mystery.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by broli]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Step Beyond...

But it IS HAARP ... no, it IS the controllers of HAARP.

Trying to create panic and fear, but only opening the hearts of humanity even more. Sucks when your plans backfire.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli

People are concentrating so much on Cern but have been completely oblivious to Fermilab. Perhaps this is due to the fact Cern is much more open than Fermilab? I guess people have no reason to complain when the "science" is hidden.

I believe Cern and Fermilab do have an effect on gravity due to experiments showing rotating charged particles create a gravitational field, but whether it has a big effect on earth is a mystery.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by broli]

Good points and that will take many more hours of research. I just wanted to post what may or may not be a tip of an iceberg while the story was hot.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by rogerstigers

Exactly, there is zero evidence that is does, probably because it does not.
And really this is not all that new to begin with, there are plenty other collider's that did not cause earthquakes either.

I tend to agree with this point of view, but I have also learned never to underestimate the stuff we haven't figured out yet.
This LHC is supposed to be faster, better, stronger than anyone of them before... We have the technology. (subtle 6 million dollar man reference there)

The one piece of information that I am missing here in my head is what is the current speed of the target materials in the LHC? I remember them saying it would take a few months to bring it up near C.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Logarock

What about all the other times it was started up?

What about the other colliders around the world that have started up over the years?

Yes Chad further investigation may show something maybe not. Just wanted to get this out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join