It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Talmud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am looking to find an image located on inside of either the front or back cover of The Talmud. I have seen copies floating around on the internet but they look to have been 'doctored' and there is no record of this image anywhere.

It apparently shows a representation of the earth encircled by a serpent with the head approaching the tail.

For those of us NWO conspiracy theorists, this should ring a few bells.

Very interesting topic of discussion............more to follow.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sorry to sound sarcastic, but maybe you should do some research on what the word "Talmud" means before you go talking about some sinister picture found "in its front or back cover." First of all, there is more than one Talmud... do you mean the Babylonian Talmud?

Secondly, the Talmud fills much more than a single volume, and thus has more than one front and back cover.

Try researching your facts somewhere other than an anti-semitic website.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What's wrong? Did I hit a soft spot with you? Do you object to my inquiry?

By the way - to throw out the easy-come rhetorical 'anti-semetic' BS is so typically the joe average response. Perhaps you can think of something more creative next time as this only fuels the fire with regards to people's interest in any Zionist conspiracy, of which you apparently don't acknowledge as being relevant in this case. Either that or you don't fully understands who controls and runs this nice little world that you live in.

As for the existence of this image I am simply inquiring as to its existence. To generate such a response from you makes me that much more curious.

If you interpret my inquest as being anti-semetic then it is you who suffers the affliction.

"Zionism is not a part of the Jewish religion, but rather is parasitic upon it. Most Zionists are Jews, but not all Jews are Zionists. To condemn Zionism as immoral (racist, vicious and depraved) is not to condemn Judaism."

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, via www.dictionary.com:

Zi�on�ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (z-nzm)
n.

A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

Tell me, do you object to the existence of the state of Israel?

I don't know if you are yourself an anti-semite or not. I'd have to know you a lot better to find that out. But the information you have about "The Talmud" having a sinister picture on "its front or back cover." is absurd for several reasons:

i) There is no single "Talmud."

ii) Every version of the Talmud is made up of multiple volumes.

iii) The Talmud is a record of oral interpretations of Torah law, not some handbook for domination.

The fact that you are mistaken about these things and making provocative remarks about a symbol that "rings a few bels" for "NWO conspiracy theorists" led me to assume that you had gotten your information from an anti-semitic website. It seemed more compassionate to assume this than to assume you are merely ignorant.

Do you know why the "Joe Average" response to your question is to call it anti-semitic? Yes, it's because your question is anti-semitic in character. I don't mind being average if the average person is correct on an issue.

You wrote that perhaps "[...] [I] don't fully understands who controls and runs this nice little world that you live in." Who is it exactly who you think is in control, Mr. Big Visible Brain? Could it be that ancient boogeyman, the "Evil Jew?"

You are conducting an "inquest" now? Pretty big words for an insinuation about a document you've never even seen, based on faulty information (since you didn't even know that the Talmud is more than one volume).

By the way, you did hit a soft spot with me, and a spot that should be soft for anyone that was alive in the last century. You started in with the "conspiracy of the Jews." That kind of nonsense shouldn't be tolerated by anyone in this day and age. Tell you what. If you want me to come up with a more creative argument, then you pick a more creative target than a people who have been slandered, spit upon, and murdered for the last 2000 years.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We can bitch at each other all f%$@*&^ night! I don't give a s%$* how many Talmuds there are! If there is a picture of what I described, then I would like to know. If you have nothing to offer in this regard then good for you. Next!

For your information I do have issues with the existence of the state of Israel. Under the conditions of why and how it came to be leads me to believe just that. My right, my opinion!

As for the powers that run this f#&^$# up world, I suggest that you look into the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Astors and others Illuminati families and you will find that they all have a rather unique similarity in their ancestoral history. After all this is ATS, not the Mary-Kate and Ashley board! There are plenty of others I am sure with similar viewpoints.

Am I anti-semitic (in my interpretation of the word) - NO. Am I anti-Zionist (in my interpretation of the word) - YES.

It's not my problem that the world has been brainwashed into thinking that this subject is 'taboo'. Where did you get your dose? Throughout the past century this has all too often been the scape goat response to curiousities such as mine. Could it be that this is a result of the actions of one Adolph Hitler??? Have you ever contemplated the fact that he himself had Jewish ancestry?

And finally, don't put words in my mouth. Make sure you get your quotes right before you post. Not once did I specifically state "...conspiracy of the Jews..."

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Quite simply, no, there is no picture such as the one you suggest, OK? No picture, no world-girdling conspiracy, etc. I don't feel like writing any more about this subject, so there's your answer. Now, hopefully, you can spend your time doing something more profitable.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingian
I am looking to find an image located on inside of either the front or back cover of The Talmud.

It apparently shows a representation of the earth encircled by a serpent with the head approaching the tail.

What you are describing is....

A serpent-dragon so large that its coils encircle the Earth. Leviathan holds his tail in his mouth to keep the world from falling apart. The coils of this huge beast are multi-colored and so bright that they outshine the sun. Leviathan is armed with huge, terrible teeth, and scales.

The picture you are referring to is the leviathan. A creature that is referred to several times in the Old Testament, but is most famously mentioned in Job chapter 41. This is a creature of Hebrew legend. There are many interpretations as to what this actually is. Maybe a dinosaur, or a whale, or a crocodile. Who knows.

Click the fish to read more

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If you are interested in the Talmud and its teachings check this website

Come and Hear

[edit on 7-6-2004 by avflf]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the symbol you describe is also shown in both Norse mythology (jormugand the midgard serpent who slew thor on the day of ragnarok) and greek mythology (oroboros who I believe is a symbol for infinity) I know a little about the norse myths and the midgard serpent is a giant serpent who lives at the bottom of the ocean and encircles the earth. I'm not too sure what role oroboros plays in mythology but if you look on google you should be able to find something.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingian

"Zionism is not a part of the Jewish religion, but rather is parasitic upon it. Most Zionists are Jews, but not all Jews are Zionists. To condemn Zionism as immoral (racist, vicious and depraved) is not to condemn Judaism."

So why are you talking about talmud? It has nothing to do with The State of Israel? YOU just made it clear, that despite you are zionist or not, it doesn't matter as long as you are jewish and read talmud..

ps. I'm not american, australian etc. so my english is not that good..

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ref : Confusion among Joe Americans on the Term "AntiSemitism"

Be very careful how you bandy the word "antiSemitic" around, folks.

Despite the disinformation in the American Press, most of world Jewry is Ashkenazi (i.e. 90% of their number are non Semitic Jews descended from Ukranian Khazars (goyim) from the Mass Conversion 780-980 AD around Kiev).

They are not physically related by blood to the socalled Israelitish tribes we come across in the "Bible"--although one must consider some degree of miscegenation between semitic and non semitic Jews, especially in "Israel" today.

Technically speaking----only those "Jews" descended from the socalled "Safardim" and "Fallashim "are "Semitic Jews" (i.e. thought to be descended from the mythical "Shem" the symbolic "son of Noach" according to Jewish Legend found in the book of Genesis/Bere#h, and hence the term Semitic/Shemitic).

On the other hand, technically, ALL Arabs are "Semitic" (thought to be descendants from the mythical "Shem",) so technically when one speaks out against Arabs as a race/people, they are BY DEFINITION speaking in Anti-Semitic Terms, but this is not "necessarily" the case if one speaks out against "Zionism".

Don't be so quick to label thinking people "AntiSemitic" just because they see the inherent racism in Zionist jargon.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The Khazars were not European but Asiatic

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus

Despite the disinformation in the American Press, most of world Jewry is Ashkenazi (i.e. 90% of their number are non Semitic Jews descended from Ukranian Khazars (goyim) from the Mass Conversion 780-980 AD around Kiev).

Such BS floats around this forum. Modern day Jews have little to do with Khazars.. see:

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by Amadeus

Such BS floats around this forum. Modern day Jews have little to do with Khazars.. see:

www.geocities.com...

The Book "The Thirteenth Tribe" presents good evidence for the non-assimilated Jews being descendents from the Khazars. I think, but I'm not sure, Maimonides (1135 -1204) or some other prominent rabbi thought that they were the 10 lost tribes. Descendents of the Jews in 1st Century Palestine are normally referred to by the Ashkenazi as "Black Jews", probably because they entered Europe from North Africa after the last rebelion of the Jews under Simon Bar Kokhba.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seeing as how the thread started with a "request" about the picture of "the serpant eating its tail". i notice that it quickley escilated in to a battle of religion and opinion. so i hope that i develop a trend for being one who contibutes more than "religious oppinions" some people seem to be bitter and offer bitter opinions whith authorative jarble rantings and what not but this does not seem to provide the picture the guy requested so in saying as much here is your picture. research it diligantly as the enmity and deception you very well may seek to uncover is rooted in this following story about the picture as well as aincent religons surounding, any one with rash rebuttals should probaly "at least" brouse these things presented as i present them not as facts but merly at the request of the individual who started the string i hope you find them helpful in your journey of seeking. Truly "Inspectagato" the following is the picture and report www.reptilianagenda.com... this is a coroborating report www.crosscircle.com... here is one more research link www.mt.net... and the book of Enoch tells of the same story you can veiw it here, www.x-filechristians.com... (Enoch told of a story about the cross breeding of man and animals, this was caried out by fallan angels (speculate, Aliens) the outcome of the experiments were giant beasts who ate flesh and blood and eventual men. they taught us things, we werent suposed to do like "War", "The craft" and other things in short they were here then and now men worshiped them as gods and still do till this day. they are prepairing for the return "or eviction of the dragon/ serpant" from the hevens when he will be booted and forced out down to earth along with his angels, there will be masive deception. see the book of REV 12:7-9 it tell the same story as enoch and unfortunatly the same as the news. you can look in the ATS human hybird forum and see the duplication of what i am telling you. Enoch is no joke, the serpant picture you are asking about is a very serious thing. im glad your looking into it be cause it will bring about an awakening. i hope to bring more to the table than scripture quoting and religious defence rantings. here in these links are the pictures you asked about.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ATS has again provided a very fertile gorund for learning and self education on the afore mentioned topics. as you can see www.abovetopsecret.com... in this thread and forum many people are already questiong what crazy human crossbreed experiments are taking place. the beings that are being created now. out of public veiw and scrutiny are still leaking to substantial news sources. where do you think scientests go gene splicing from? the Rialean cult says there were chaneled through mediums and given to mankind as gifts from space ailens, i dont think its a gift. not when you can use it to control and monopolize the worlds food suply RE: GM and patented crops but the further repercusions stem more into the science fiction type of realm with yet even more sinister plots being unfolded akin to that movie about underground labs gone out of control one movie in particular that can probaly still be rented wich is prety scary but yet uncany with its speculated acuracy is "Resident Evil" about gene experimentation gone bad (it dose not seem to be a good thing to start with, just my opinion) any way just look at this thread it speaks for itself www.abovetopsecret.com... i would like to thank ATS!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So far, I've only been able to read parts of the Talmud online. Hard copies of the several volume sets are a little hard to track down, as most libraries and bookstores only seem to carry Talmudic summaries or commentaries. What I've discovered so far about it hasn't been good, but I would definitely be interested in reading unabridged copies in book form as opposed to on a webpage.

I can't verify whether or not the Leviathan is pictured inside the covers of any copies of the Talmud. However, if it is, the following verses might be significant.

KJV Job 41:1, 31-34
1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down ?
31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.
33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.
34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ischyros
So far, I've only been able to read parts of the Talmud online.

Here you go.

www.sacred-texts.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join