It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What In The World Are They Spraying?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I've always wondered how it is that the people supposedly responsible for spraying the chemtrails keep themselves and their families safe from the chemicals? If something gets sprayed into the atmosphere it's going to go where the wind takes it.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzaguy
If you wanna call outlandish, fine by me. All I do is look up at the sky and there it is.

It is impossible to have as many aircraft in the sky as there are over the US at any given moment, and not have their paths cross. Aircraft fly on Air routes, also called VOR’s, Victor Airways, Airways, or Jetways. These roads in the sky intersect at the Radio Beacon locations, and you will get crosses, checkerboards, and X’s over those areas.

Just so you know, the trails here fill the sky with the number of trails.

Yeah you live near DFW, what do you expect from the seventh busiest airport in the WORLD? It is a hub for several major airlines: Delta, Continental, and American.

So, tell me, each and every month, all of a sudden contrails all over the place? Meanwhile not a spec any other time? I'm open to any reasonable explanation. Quite frankly I have no idea what it is, just what I observe.

They are probably shifting approach patterns at certain times each month, and according to the wind direction. In some cities they do that because of noise abatement rules:

To help ensure future harmony with its neighbors, the DFW Airport Board includes a non-voting member — a representative chosen from the airport's neighbors (Irving, Euless, Grapevine, and Coppell) on a rotating basis.

They rotate local reps on the airports board according to the surrounding neighborhoods, and you can bet that they rotate air traffic approach and departure patterns the same way, as much as weather will allow. There is a reason for this, if they always use the same pattern, the neighborhoods under those patterns property value declines, so by rotating them the whole area stays equal.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I've always wondered how it is that the people supposedly responsible for spraying the chemtrails keep themselves and their families safe from the chemicals? If something gets sprayed into the atmosphere it's going to go where the wind takes it.

Air filtration in their homes, schools and planes.
Also high-tech, body-cleansing techniques.
Or, maybe they are like slaves, who are scared to death to snitch, but are going to get sick, too.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

If by Chemtrails you mean the silver iodide used in cloud seeding, they monitor for toxicity but as you suggest the wind might render the monitoring activities less than completely effective:

www.ranches.org...

Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.(10) Some industries have learned this all too well.

According to the PGCD, “Every year, two viable samples of rainwater must be sent to a laboratory for analysis and in return forwarded to TNRCC to ensure that the water is not contaminating the area.”(4) This is faulty sampling and testing over a seven county area. If PGCD can not control where the seeded clouds dumps water, how can they take only two rain samples per year to test for silver concentrates of the clouds they seeded? At least it is an admission that silver toxicity is an issue.

“Fallout from cloud seeding with silver iodide is not always confined to local precipitation; silver residuals have been detected several hundred kilometers downwind of seeding events.”

“Silver was measured in particular samples from rural and urban area both adjacent to and removed from activities such as metal smelting, refining, and silver iodide cloud seeding” and found “concentrations in precipitation resulting from seeding clouds with silver iodide were 10-450 ng/L compared with concentrations of 0-20ng/L without cloud seeding (Cooper and Jolly 1970).”(13) That translates in 10 to 225 times greater silver concentration in those areas.

It seems to me like we could live without the silver iodide cloud seeding. I'd like to know how much silver iodide is sprayed per year. I'm not worried about the iodide but an accumulation of silver might be bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I unfortunately didn't see this thread, and I was about to post the same article, and I had put a lot of time putting a bunch of information together to add to the thread to help people see the truth in that chemtrails may really be going on already and the harmful effects aluminum and barium have on the ecosystem.

Barium toxicity can not only kill wild life & plant life, but it is very harmful to humans as well.

Although the long term effects upon our health and environment are unknown, the toxicology of aluminum and barium salts on humans and animals is well known. Barium toxicity is approximately equal to arsenic. These two substances are the ones most often reported by chemtrail researchers.

Barium And Chemtrails - Toxicity Info

I have much more information I can add, so if you all would like to see it, let me know. For now I'll just post this and see the response.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Maybe they don't know what's in the tanks....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hi highlyoriginal.

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
let me know. For now I'll just post this and see the response.

I let you know ! See my response, saying that I am waiting for more. . .

Thanks and blue skies.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have much more information I can add, so if you all would like to see it, let me know. For now I'll just post this and see the response.
Yes I have a question...
I know why they spray silver iodide for cloud seeding, and I know why some have proposed spraying something like aluminum to combat global warming.

What would be the purpose of spraying the barium you're talking about? Any papers or documentation on that?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Yes I have a question...
I know why they spray silver iodide for cloud seeding, and I know why some have proposed spraying something like aluminum to combat global warming.

What would be the purpose of spraying the barium you're talking about? Any papers or documentation on that?

Link to source

DATA COLLECTION METHOD

a. Air was sampled through an air filter which operated approximately 4 hours during the day and 4 hours after sunset for 28 days.

b. Method used by the test laboratory was defined as "ICP scan, inorganic analysis."

c. Short columns in the charts indicate the maximum safe level for a given metal.
Tall columns are the measured amounts found in the filter for a given metal.

d. MCL = Maximum Containment Level

e. Chart values are shown in parts per billion. To convert any reading to parts per million (which is often more convenient for a mental comparison) simply drop three zeroes from any value shown on any chart.

f. I have provided the calculations on how many times each metal is over each toxic health limit. For example, in Fig. 1 barium is 278 times (or 278x) higher than the toxic health limits set by federal standards.

I expect nothing more than WhiteWashing and rubbish talk about 'Nothing BUT EPA papers is legit as Evidence' ...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Let's assume for a minute those data are accurate. that still doesn't answer my question: "What would the purpose be for spraying Barium"?

And we'd still be left with determining the source. For example we can measure mercury in the atmosphere but we know that coal burning power plants release mercury into the atmosphere so we can't assume that somebody sprayed the mercury when we find it, unless we have some way to rule out coal burning power plants as a source.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is not just Chemtrails, this is my story from the Oregon coast range

www.eugeneweekly.com...

Read through to the chemical refugee story it contains some minor errors but is mostly accurate, it is my story. My family has ongoing health issues due to this. I have lost neighbors and friends to sudden kidney failure and no one in a position to do anything gives a #. As for the original question. I can provide a weaksauce outline of the chems used but most ingredients are not required to be listed.
N.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

WOW!
Why in the world do these lumber companies use herbicides?
That is just WRONG! (spraying communities with that stuff!)
GREED and selfishness.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh, noes!

This is turning into another, yet again, "Chemtrails Are Real!!!" thread, because those who make such claims haven't READ the link from the OP, back on Page1!

The focus continues to parrot the nonsense from the dozens of reactionary websites who write LIES, and post on the Web, for gullible people to come across and get all riled up.

This is compounded by the other source, from the OP, which also takes the real discussion into crazy knee-jerk hyperbole, and innuendo, even though it clearly states:

While many general geoengineering concepts have been put forward in recent years, no concrete proposals that address the range of scientific and social issues related to such activities have been submitted for consideration.

I will let that soak in, for a moment (pun intended)....

This session focuses on climate modification through the manipulation of solar energy input to Earth, but also discusses ocean fertilization. Examples of the former include the injection of reflective aerosols into the lower stratosphere and seeding of marine clouds to modify their albedo, and placement of mirrors beyond the atmosphere to deflect incoming sunlight.

See? Once again, this is preliminary discussion of POSSIBLE methods that may need to be implemented.

Not "They Are Doing It Now!"

It is a serious conference to analyze the consequences of actions, what actions are possible (feasible), and whether they are even necessary. How 'drastic' is too drastic, etc?

Speakers will address the efficacy of proposed schemes as well as their side effects, which could include unwanted regional climate changes, ozone depletion, and reduction of solar power and blue skies. In addition, the practical, historical, and ethical dimensions will be discussed.

Further, WE (human activity --- that's what the word "anthropogenic" means) is a factor as well:

Speakers will also discuss the fundamental problem that since a significant fraction of anthropogenic carbon dioxide will remain in the atmosphere forever (more than 1,000 years), geoengineering to reduce solar radiation would have to be maintained for a very long time, until current carbon dioxide emissions are eliminated and a large amount of the carbon dioxide already in the atmosphere is captured and sequestered.

Now, four pages in, I didn't read all of them, perhpaps (fingers crossed, hoping) someone else may have pointed this out already.

It is in the THINKING stages. Throwing ideas out, and seeing what is viable, and what is contra-indicated.

I just don't know how rational people jump immediately to irrational conclusions.

[edit on 4 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

ChemBreather, this info has been discussed countless times

Where are the OTHER studies to substantiate this?

Because, you do know about the many mines in Arizona, correct? Remember, this study focused on Phoenix.

The Ray Copper mine is located in Pinal County in southern Arizona, about 65 miles east of Phoenix.

Largest Source of Toxic Pollution in the State

The mine complex includes the nearby Hayden smelter, which is the largest single source of toxic pollution in Arizona, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The occurrence of lung cancer among Hayden residents is roughly 50 percent higher than for residents of the Tucson and Phoenix areas.

www.earthworksaction.org...

Barium in the water supply, too. NOT from so-called "chemtrails":

How/ why heavy metals get in water supply?

Yet another sign of mankind’s progress includes our use of metals in many industries made possible by our being able to access it & shape it to our needs. Heavy industry, like manufacturing, depends on metals to provide products of all kinds.

Unfortunately, when we extract metals that are safely nestled in the earth & use it in the manufacture of various products & then incorrectly dispose same products, serious problems arise. Eventually, those metals increase effects of water pollution, leech into the water supply & end up in our bodies.

[snip]

Barium is another metal that is used in numerous products such as electronics, ceramics, fireworks & more. Its disposal & its byproducts often end up causing water pollution.

There have been occurrences of barium levels in drinking water in excess of federal guidelines in states that manufacture ores. These include Arizona, Utah & Texas - all linked to industries which can lead to over-exposures to barium.

www.healthy-water-best-filters.com...

Sorry, but "Rense" is not the most reliable source for actual information....

The vast, vast majority of these nasty pollutants are from GROUND-BASED industrial pollution.

[edit on 4 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Oh, noes!

This is turning into another, yet again, "Chemtrails Are Real!!!" thread, because those who make such claims haven't READ the link from the OP, back on Page1!

I just don't know how rational people jump immediately to irrational conclusions

Oh, noes! Your payment for posting will be significantly deduced.

Chemtrails a very real. Why do you think people like weedwhacker spend their lives online trying to debunk Chemtrails.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

You know, it's really quite simple:

I hate to see stupid "conspiracy" theories, with no basis in reality, keep getting spread around on the Internet.

There are plenty of others who agree with this stance.

Problem is, the many people who will come along, read all the BS about the "chemtrails", and believe it --- UNLESS there is someone with the rational explanation to shoot down all the baloney. It is garbage coming out of these "chemtrail" websites. Pseudo-scientific nonsense.

This pays me NOTHING --- sometimes, I think it's a waste of my time, frankly.

A post like YOURS makes me sad, very sad, for you. Because it's obvious that some people just will not use common sense, nor attempt to actually understand science, and also contemplate just how ridiculous the notion of "chemtrails" actually is.

Instead of feeling sad, I suppose I could just laugh --- but that is rude, and not what ATS likes to see happen on its boards.

Still, the entire "chemtrail" discussion IS laughable, for those of us who have a brain.....

There are just too many delusional people, anymore, for my comfort. That is causingme discomfort, because THOSE people may eventually get into positions of power and importance in influential government positions, around the World.

I am reminded of the movie "Idiocracy"...and am beginning to think it may actually happen someday, and not just be fictional/ironic.

Humanity deserves better.....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Actually as you acknowledge with your post about the mining, there is a lot of pollution, and we all should be concerned about pollution and do what we can to help minimize it.

But I agree it's sad when people look at pollution data and come up with mythical explanations about how the pollution got there, instead of looking for the more obvious and logical sources.

There are two reasons I find that so sad:

1. The people believing in the myth are misinformed and in their efforts to "deny ignorance" they are actually embracing it, and...

2. Pollution is a real problem with no easy solution, but there are some things we can do about it. Unfortunately the people that are off on some wild goose chase after a mythical source, won't be helping to solve the REAL source.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Frankly I find it amazing that someone could read this article and the link that proves that this issue is being discussed by serious scientists and not feel that something fishy is going on.

See? Once again, this is preliminary discussion of POSSIBLE methods that may need to be implemented. Not "They Are Doing It Now!"

What do you really think happened here? After years of people saying that something is being sprayed into the atmosphere these scientists just decide now " Oh that chem-trail conspiracy sounds like a good way to mitigate AGW. Lets give it some serious thought"..... Give me a break!

Games up as far as I am concerned. I used to sit on the fence regarding chem-trails and was never completely convinced until this piece of news.

How you can not see this as suspicious is beyond me. It is not what they say they are or are not doing that is the issue.

At one point this was an outrageous conspiracy theory with no credence at all and now, it is something which is seriously being considered as a solution for Anthropogenic Global Warming.

AGW is a theory at best. Joining the dots is really not that hard.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's not rocket science folks. If the gubment is spraying toxic chemicals on us from big pretty white jet planes, why don't you simply go outside with a camera, zoom on on these planes and take some pictures? Please also remember that these planes must TAKE OFF from somewhere and also LAND somewhere. I well-thought network of observers would easily be able to monitor one of these flights and at least get some better evidence for said-spraying, no?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I agree with your point that the official discussing of this topic is the interesting thing here - not the old 'are chemtrails real' argument.

Our governments have been discussing formulas for such things and how to carry it out for years. As detailed at www.lightwatcher.com...In 1992 this was published:

Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming: Mitigation, Adaptation, and the Science Base - Panel on Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming, sponsored by the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Medicine. The results were presented in 1992 and published in book form in 2000 by the National Academy Press. This 994 page study is the textbook on greenhouse gasses, global warming, policy decisions and mitigation's (corrective measures). Included within is the hard science many chemtrails researchers have been searching for: the scientists, agencies, institutions and corporations involved, cost factors, chemical formula, mathematical modeling, delivery methods, policies, recruiting of foreign governments, acquisition of materials, and the manufacturing of aerosol compounds, ect.

It's available for you to read online at:

books.nap.edu...

Further back than this we have elite thinktank 'The club of Rome' deciding that:

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill ... All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

— in The First Global Revolution, pp.104-105 by Alexander King, founder of the Club of Rome and Bertrand Schneider, secretary of the Club of Rome

You can see that an agenda surounding 'global warming' and it's ilk has been underway for nearly 40 years. Do you not think that our governments would have done a bit of experimentation throughout this time before they offer us their wonderful 'solutions' against the threats they have themselves engineered? I think kennyb72 is right to be suspicious that aerosol spraying is now being openly discussed in a public way.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by DrHammondStoat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join