It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preview: Terrible things HAARP can do.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin
reply to post by Golden Boy

Totally off topic. I was intrigued by your post and got carried away.

Oh, that's okay. I do that all the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Donny 4 million

"Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves... So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations... It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts."

Please highlight the sections where he says that we have that technology now and that it is called HAARP.

He is refering to enemies of America. You see he says "Others" Bare in mind that this was 1997 HAARP has been increased in it's power by huge magnitudes since then.
HAARP most likely was not to powerful back then. I think that is what he was addressing. The need to meet the real threat from others that are engaged .
Hope that helps
Donny

You didn't ask for this but I thnk it is important.
whereby they CAN alert the bla bla bla

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

All of HAARP's upgrades were scheduled and they were all done on schedule. If HAARP were upgraded to meet new threats then these upgrades would not be scheduled and one would think that they would do them ahead of schedule if there was some kind of threat. There is no evidence to suggest that HAARP is anything other than what it claims it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you look at the meager budget back in 96 and compare it to today's --And why,--- you will get an idea how important this technology is. It may also give you a reason why the spooks here are so relentlessly adamant about denying it's capabilities.

HAARP Detection and Imaging of Underground Structures Using ...

HAARP Detection and Imaging of Underground Structures Using ELF/VLF Radio Waves ... for a full- scale HAARP facility in its fiscal year 1996 budget request. ...

www.globalsecurity.org/intell/systems/haarp.htm - Similar

HAARP
Detection and Imaging of Underground Structures Using ELF/VLF Radio Waves

ELF/VLF radio waves penetrate deeply beneath the surface of the earth and interact with the geologic structure of the earth. This interaction induces secondary fields with measurable effect at and above the surface of the earth. Proper understanding of the physics of the generation and propagation of ELF/VLF waves and their interactions with earth materials will allow these waves to be used for applications such as sub-surface communications and exploration of the subsurface geological structure. The research called for under this effort is to assess the viability of exploiting the concept of electromagnetic induction to detect and image subterranean features such as tunnels, bunkers, and other potential military targets.

Geophysical surveying using natural ELF/VLF sources, such as lightning or auroral generated signals, is an established procedure. In general, however, the procedure has been developed with the interest in locating areas of highly conductive material such as metal ore deposits.

In 1994, the Senate Armed Services Committee noted the promising results of the high frequency active auroral research program (HAARP). This transmitter in Alaska, besides providing a world class research facility for ionospheric physics, could allow earth- penetrating tomography over most of the northern hemisphere. Such a capability would permit the detection and precise location of tunnels, shelters, and other underground shelters. The absence of such a capability has been noted as a serious weakness in the Department of Defense plans for precision attacks on hardened targets and for counterproliferation. In fact, the May 1994 report from the Deputy Secretary of Defense on nonproliferation and counterproliferation activities and programs recommends increased funding of $75.0 million annually for detection of underground structures. The committee recommended $5.0 million in PE 62601F to continue the HAARP project, but notes with concern that the capital cost of a full- scale HAARP facility could be as much as $90.0 million. Unless the Department of Defense is committed to include such a project in future budget requests, the recommended authorization for fiscal year 1995 will have little effect. Therefore the committee directed that none of these funds may be obligated or expended until the Secretary of Defense notifies the Committees on Armed Services of the Senate and the House of Representatives that the Department will, as part of the nonproliferation and counterproliferation program recommended in the May 1994 report, include the cost for a full- scale HAARP facility in its fiscal year 1996 budget request.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Come over to my house and pet my dog. Honest he don't bite.
I am not trying to change your mind. Don't try to change mine. Have a good day Xc

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So far everyone has missed the golden words: 'scalar electromagnetic waves'.

Without understanding the ability of these waves, what they are and how to measure them, you can have but a small understanding of HAARP, Woodpecker, Russian, Chinese, Brazillian, Indian and Australian (and more) scalar EM arrays - they are the child of Tesla.

Here is explained a new kind of resonance: scalar EM resonance, or electrogravitational resonancewww.skepticfiles.org...

Historical Background of Scalar EM Weapons
www.cheniere.org...

This one is the best for skeptics. How can you detect an EM wave inside a faraday cage?
jnaudin.free.fr...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
this truely is the topic that never dies... sigh

mods need to give haarp its own forum, and the ability to omit haarp posts the same way as swine flu and political madness threads can be.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
So far everyone has missed the golden words: 'scalar electromagnetic waves'.

Without understanding the ability of these waves, what they are and how to measure them, you can have but a small understanding of HAARP, Woodpecker, Russian, Chinese, Brazillian, Indian and Australian (and more) scalar EM arrays - they are the child of Tesla.

Here is explained a new kind of resonance: scalar EM resonance, or electrogravitational resonancewww.skepticfiles.org...

Historical Background of Scalar EM Weapons
www.cheniere.org...

This one is the best for skeptics. How can you detect an EM wave inside a faraday cage?
jnaudin.free.fr...

I am impressed as how you have stopped the SUEDO-BRAINIACS in their tracks.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Not only is HAARP a weapon that can be used to cause quakes, I also hear it can be used to create huge life like projections of religious figures, fake UFOs, and everything in between.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Now this explains scalar waves, but I can't find anything that connects them to HAARP other than sites that thrive on sensationalism and pseudoscience. Do you have any proof that HAARP produces these?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Now this explains scalar waves, but I can't find anything that connects them to HAARP other than sites that thrive on sensationalism and pseudoscience. Do you have any proof that HAARP produces these?

This is a patent from the 'inventor' Eastlund, Bernard J. and Ramo, Simon (really it is a Tesla design) which is incorporated in HAARP.

In another embodiment of the invention, electron cyclotron resonance heating is carried out in the selected region or regions at sufficient power levels to allow a plasma present in the region to generate a mirror force which forces the charged electrons of the altered plasma upward along the force line to an altitude which is higher than the original altitude. In this case the relevant mirror points are at the base of the altered region or regions. The charged electrons drag ions with them as well as other particles that may be present. Sufficient power, e.g., 10^15 joules, can be applied so that the altered plasma can be trapped on the field line between mirror points and will oscillate in space for prolonged periods of time. By this embodiment, a plume of altered plasma can be established at selected locations for communication modification or other purposes.

Just in case you missed that - 10^15 joules. That's 10 Petawatts of energy.

generate a mirror force which forces the charged electrons of the altered plasma upward

Scalar EM is able to cause electrons to exert a force.

a plume of altered plasma can be established at selected locations for communication modification or other purposes.

So in other words a plasma bottle can be created at a desired location for many purposes. What do you think a plasma bottle being pumped by up to 10 Petawatts can do? Keeping this in comparison with a nuclear weapon, we have one petawatt converted to tera equals = 1 000.000 TW So we have HAARP able to pulse more than 10,000,000TW, most likely deriving energy using endothermic mode. In comparison the Tsar bomba at 50MT of explosive was approximately 210,000 TJ. This is orders of magnitude more than the Tsar bomba. This is serious stuff!
Tsar bomba stats

In one embodiment this is done by transmitting circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation from the earth's surface at or near the location where a naturally-occurring dipole magnetic field (force) line intersects the earth's surface. Right hand circular polarization is used in the northern hemisphere and left hand circular polarization is used in the southern hemisphere.

This is a good one for a strawman argument but it's a funny coincidence that the norway spiral was right hand...

For example, a 1000 megawatt MHD generator can be construed using superconducting magnets to weigh roughly 42,000 pounds and can be readily air lifted

Where they get some of their energy from when not in endothermic mode (aka energy from remote source) - fuel cell tech powered by methane deposits.. not the shiny looking piston engine generators we usually see flashed around.

The present invention provides a method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating of electrons which are already present and/or artifically created in the region to thereby increase the charged particle energy and ultimately the density of the region.

If it's for ionospheric heating then why on earth would they need to say 'normally exists above the earths surface'? HAARP and many other OTH or 'Ionospheric heating' facilities are not what they are cracked up to be.

Patent 4686605 - Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere

Italics emphasis mine.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I plan on visiting HAARP this summer during their open house, but having lived here in AK since well before and after HAARP was built up north, I will say the only thing I've noticed in that time is that our winter's have been a bit milder and our summers a bit nicer.

I -highly- doubt its related, but even if they have somehow did do that....I'll take it! It's a nice change.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Those links contain nothing but pseudoscience and insanity.

Probably because they're laughing at the crap HAARPers believe.

reply to post by enlightened_one

No, it can't. That's nonsense.

reply to post by Xcalibur254

There is no evidence "scalar waves" even exist.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You obviously missed my earlier post

"This one is the best for skeptics. How can you detect an EM wave inside a faraday cage?
jnaudin.free.fr..."

Please explain how a transverse electromagnetic wave can propagate through a faraday cage.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by enlightened_one

No sh$# do you have a link for that.
Do you bunk under one of the antenna farms?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Clinton's Secretary Of Defense William S. Cohen will be tickled for the new name you have coined for him. He has been out of the lime lite for to long. Strange isn't it.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You have to be careful with the term scalar. It is kind of meaningless in this debate. What is really meant by people talking of scalar EM waves is Longitudinal EM waves. Scalar has a very specific meaning in physics which is ultimately quite mundane though very difficult to get your head around. It is basically a value that can be represented with a single variable(and that's really a dumb knid of interpretation). If there are any physicists who can explain it properly using simple language I would be very happy.

Longitudinal EM waves are very interesting. Here, from wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

Quote:

"Maxwell's equations lead to the prediction of electromagnetic waves in a vacuum, which are transverse (in that the electric fields and magnetic fields vary perpendicularly to the direction of propagation).[2] However, waves can exist in plasma or confined spaces. These are called plasma waves and can be longitudinal, transverse, or a mixture of both.[2][3] Plasma waves can also occur in force-free magnetic fields.

In the early development of electromagnetism there was some suggesting that longitudinal electromagnetic waves existed in a vacuum. After Heaviside's attempts to generalize Maxwell's equations, Heaviside came to the conclusion that electromagnetic waves were not to be found as longitudinal waves in "free space" or homogeneous media.[4] But it should be stated that Maxwell's equations do lead to the appearance of longitudinal waves under some circumstances in either plasma waves or guided waves. "

Some people think that Heavyside ruined Maxwell's work. (You'll have to look it up yourselves...lost links...years ago etc)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As far as using HAARP and other facilities for destructive purposes the sky is really the limit(ho ho). If you can beam gigawatts of power around you could cause all sorts of nasty effects in all sorts of systems. I mean you could just burn things. Simple. Jack up the power, choose the right frequencies and ZAPP! It's just a matter of targeting if you want do something like bring down a plane or whatever. As if they are not thinking along these lines. If anyone can contradict me here please do.

As for those who say "it's only for heating the ionoshpere", well my microwave oven is only for heating food but if I wanted I could make it into a rather dangerous close range weapon.

When people become specific about HAARP's abilities (ie earthquakes, weather etc ) yep, your out on a limb and you'd better have some good proof. Otherwise, I would be (and am) quite worried about the potential for destructive use of these technologies. The skeptics are being very closed minded and ridiculously trusting of the people who have brought us some horrible, horrible weapons.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

1) HAARP does not produce gigwatts of power. The maximum power output is 3.6Mw.

2) The ability to direct the beam is limited to within 30º degrees of vertical.

3) It is by no means a tight beam.

4) HAARP does not use microwaves.

5) The power density in your microwave oven is orders of magnitude greater than the power density of HAARP's heater beam.

6) You could not make your microwave oven into a close range weapon. Unless you stick your adversary's head into it.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mrwiffler

1) HAARP does not produce gigwatts of power. The maximum power output is 3.6Mw.

2) The ability to direct the beam is limited to within 30º degrees of vertical.

3) It is by no means a tight beam.

4) HAARP does not use microwaves.

5) The power density in your microwave oven is orders of magnitude greater than the power density of HAARP's heater beam.

6) You could not make your microwave oven into a close range weapon. Unless you stick your adversary's head into it.

You are a broken record with this 30 degree nonsense.
Tell us how HAARP is used to comunicate with submarines.
Are these subs in the local moose ponds?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join