It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in binaural beats? Need some free ones? Info & Over 20+ Downloads Within!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Binaural Beats

After reading the thread about someone asking for binaural beats, I decided I'd upload my personal collection (well some of because theres so many) and give some information on what a binaural beat is and how they work (scroll to bottom for download links).

Before I explain anything or before you download and listen to any binaural beats please read below:

DISCLAIMER: Do not use any of these tones while driving or operating heavy machinery. I am not responsible for any side effects caused by the use of these tones. You should use these tones (or any mind altering tones) in a safe place in which you feel comfortable; especially if you do not know how they will effect you. If you get a headache or do not feel comfortable in anyway during the use of any of these tones, then stop listening right away!

What Are Binaural Beats?

Binaural beats are auditory brainstem responses which originate in the superior olivary nucleus of each hemisphere. They result from the interaction of two different auditory impulses, originating in opposite ears, below 1000 Hz and which differ in frequency between one and 30 Hz (Oster, 1973).For example, if a pure tone of 400 Hz is presented to the right ear and a pure tone of 410 Hz is presented simultaneously to the left ear, an amplitude modulated standing wave of 10 Hz, the difference between the two tones, is experienced as the two wave forms mesh in and out of phase within the superior olivary nuclei. This binaural beat is not heard in the ordinary sense of the word (the human range of hearing is from 20-20,000 Hz). It is perceived as an auditory beat and theoretically can be used to entrain specific neural rhythms through the frequency-following response (FFR)--the tendency for cortical potentials to entrain to or resonate at the frequency of an external stimulus. Thus, it is theoretically possible to utilize a specific binaural-beat frequency as a consciousness management technique to entrain a specific cortical rhythm.

The Discovery Of Binaural Beats

Binaural beats were discovered in 1839 by a German experimenter, H. W. Dove. The human ability to "hear" binaural beats appears to be the result of evolutionary adaptation. Many evolved species can detect binaural beats because of their brain structure. The frequencies at which binaural beats can be detected change depending upon the size of the species’ cranium. In the human, binaural beats can be detected when carrier waves are below approximately 1000 Hz (Oster, 1973). Below 1000 Hz the wave length of the signal is longer than the diameter of the human skull. Thus, signals below 1000 Hz curve around the skull by diffraction. The same effect can be observed with radio wave propagation. Lower-frequency (longer wave length) radio waves (such as AM radio) travel around the earth over and in between mountains and structures. Higher-frequency (shorter wave length) radio waves (such as FM radio, TV, and microwaves) travel in a straight line and can’t curve around the earth. Mountains and structures block these high-frequency signals. Because frequencies below 1000 Hz curve around the skull, incoming signals below 1000 Hz are heard by both ears. But due to the distance between the ears, the brain "hears" the inputs from the ears as out of phase with each other. As the sound wave passes around the skull, each ear gets a different portion of the wave. It is this waveform phase difference that allows for accurate location of sounds below 1000 Hz(9). Audio direction finding at higher frequencies is less accurate than it is for frequencies below 1000 Hz. At 8000 Hz the pinna (external ear) becomes effective as an aid to localization. In summary it’s the ability of the brain to detect a waveform phase difference is what enables it to perceive binaural beats.

Various Uses Of Audio With Embedded Binaural Beats

Uses of audio with embedded binaural beats that are mixed with music or various pink or background sound are diverse. They range from relaxation, meditation, stress reduction, pain management, improved sleep quality, decrease in sleep requirements, super learning, enhanced creativity and intuition, remote viewing, telepathy, and out-of-body experience and lucid dreaming. Audio embedded with binaural beats is often combined with various meditation techniques, as well as positive affirmations and visualization.

Source

Before you listen to any binaural beats you need to know they only work if you're using headphones. Also, you must make sure the 'left ear phone' is on the left ear, and the 'right ear phone' is on the right ear for the binaural beats to work, otherwise they wont work and might give you a headache.

Here are some binaural beats from my personal collection - I do not take credit for making these, I have simply found them while searching for free beats over time.

Astral Induction.mp3
AdrenalineRush.mp3
Astral_Projection.mp3
AstralProjection2.mp3
Chakra Balancing.mp3
Deep Mind Ultra.mp3
Deep Mind Ultra 2.mp3
HeadacheReliefRelaxed.mp3
DeepMeditation (30 mins).mp3
GrowthHormoneRelease (stimulates growth hormone 20mins).mp3
Epsilon OBE.mp3
Heart Chakra.mp3
Hypnosis-Barrie Konicov-Astral Projection-Side 2-Subliminal.mp3
IQIncrease.mp3
Inner Awareness.mp3
Magic.mp3
LucidDreaming.mp3
Meadows.mp3
Past Life Regression.mp3
MentalPerformance3.mp3
Weightless.mp3
Self Help - Astral Projection.mp3
Shamanic Journey.mp3
Void Sorry had to use uploading.com, my webspace on my ISP only allows 8mb uploads or less.

Enjoy! If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them, or U2U me.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

[edit on 2-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just wanted to add some more information for those who wish to read it...

How It Works On The Brain

When signals of two different frequencies are presented, one to each ear, the brain detects phase differences between these signals. "Under natural circumstances a detected phase difference would provide directional information. The brain processes this anomalous information differently when these phase differences are heard with stereo headphones or speakers. A perceptual integration of the two signals takes place, producing the sensation of a third "beat" frequency. The difference between the signals waxes and wanes as the two different input frequencies mesh in and out of phase. As a result of these constantly increasing and decreasing differences, an amplitude-modulated standing wave -the binaural beat- is heard. The binaural beat is perceived as a fluctuating rhythm at the frequency of the difference between the two auditory inputs. Evidence suggests that the binaural beats are generated in the brainstem’s superior olivary nucleus, the first site of contralateral integration in the auditory system (Oster, 1973). Studies also suggest that the frequency-following response originates from the inferior colliculus (Smith, Marsh, & Brown, 1975)" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). This activity is conducted to the cortex where it can be recorded by scalp electrodes.

Altered States

Binaural beats can easily be heard at the low frequencies (< 30 Hz) that are characteristic of the EEG spectrum (Oster, 1973). This perceptual phenomenon of binaural beating and the objective measurement of the frequency-following response (Hink, Kodera, Yamada, Kaga, & Suzuki, 1980) suggest conditions which facilitate entrainment of brain waves and altered states of consciousness. There have been numerous anecdotal reports and a growing number of research efforts reporting changes in consciousness associated with binaural-beats. "The subjective effect of listening to binaural beats may be relaxing or stimulating, depending on the frequency of the binaural-beat stimulation" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Binaural beats in the delta (1 to 4 Hz) and theta (4 to 8 Hz) ranges have been associated with reports of relaxed, meditative, and creative states (Hiew, 1995), and used as an aid to falling asleep. Binaural beats in the alpha frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) have increased alpha brain waves (Foster, 1990) and binaural beats in the beta frequencies (typically 16 to 24 Hz) have been associated with reports of increased concentration or alertness (Monroe, 1985) and improved memory (Kennerly, 1994).

Passively listening to binaural beats may not spontaneously propel you into an altered state of consciousness. One’s subjective experience in response to binaural-beat stimulation may also be influenced by a number of mediating factors. For example, the willingness and ability of the listener to relax and focus attention may contribute to binaural-beat effectiveness in inducing state changes. "Ultradian rhythms in the nervous system are characterized by periodic changes in arousal and states of consciousness (Rossi, 1986;

Shannahoff-Khalsa, 1991; Webb & Dube, 1981). These naturally occurring shifts may underlie the anecdotal reports of fluctuations in the effectiveness of binaural beats. External factors are also thought to play roles in mediating the effects of binaural beats" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). The perception of a binaural beat is, for example, said to be heightened by the addition of white noise to the carrier signal (Oster, 1973), so white noise is often used as background. "Music, relaxation exercises, guided imagery, and verbal suggestion have all been used to enhance the state-changing effects of the binaural beat" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Other practices such as humming, toning, breathing exercises, autogenic training, and/or biofeedback can also be used to interrupt the homeostasis of resistant subjects (Tart, 1975).

Source

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
S+F.
Great thread.
I'll start using some tonight. Thanks a lot.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these - I'll start listening to them later today when I get some me time.

I actually made some subliminal mp3s to help my son with doing his homework because he really resented having to do it! He fell asleep listening to the basic subliminal and used to wear headphones to listen to the binaural beats one and they worked surprisingly quickly.

I've made them to help all my children with studying for exams, me to exercise more, even one that I leave playing for my dog when we go out because he used to whine and cry when he was left home alone. The one for my dog didn't have binaural beats but it definitely proved to me that subliminals work because there's no way my dog knew I was playing the music specifically to keep him calm and just leaving normal music or the TV playing definitely didn't work.

I stumbled across the software on the same website giving away the crystals ebook in my signature but the direct page link is

www.freewebs.com...

(There's loads of good stuff on the site and a lot is free).

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Maya00a]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. I will download some and give them a try. Out of curiosity, the ones to do with increasing mental capacity, have you tried them and how long before they seem to take effect?
thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i can't seem to get the growth hormone release one to work. Can you try it and let me know?

thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmm, I tried downloading one but it says the download has expired.

I don't really know what to believe when it comes to subliminals, I mean I'm certainly open to it working, but I'm not quite sure, is there irrefutable evidence of it working? What's the consensus in the scientific community?

For those of you that's interested by subliminals and brainwave entrainment tracks, I noticed just yesterday that Spotify seems to have the whole series by Brainwave Mind Voyages, though it's kind of impractical trying to meditate while being interrupted by advertisement all the time so you'd have to pay to avoid that. It's fine with the "quantum subliminals" though.

www.brainwave-entrainment.com...

They've got pretty much everything listed there!

If this really works it would be almost as great as having buddhic siddhi superpowers.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The links still work for me... I really wanted to upload them on my personal web space provided by my ISP but it's a bitch to upload large files.

I don't know how long these files will stay uploaded on the site I used so I suggest downloading them asap if you're interested.

If you're having problems U2U me and I'll try and help you out with what you need.

And when it comes to specific beats, they work different on everyone. Sometimes they seem to work right away, and other times they may not work for you at all.

Make sure you're putting the right head phone on the right ear and the left head phone on the left ear as I stated in the OP because otherwise they will not work what so ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Okay I'm getting some U2U's regarding the download links not working.

If anyone can suggest a better website to upload the files too, please let me know. If you're simply requesting for a couple of them specifically, just U2U me and I will work something out, I may just email them to whomever wants them until I find a more suitable way of uploading them.

I can use my personal space from my ISP I found out, but I have to work around somethings to do so. If I get enough U2U's I will go ahead and do it, but considering it will take me a couple hours to do it I'm not going to go through with it (considering the links in the OP are still working for most people and myself) unless it's needed - I'm not lazy or anything but taking a couple hours out of my time to upload files I'm not even sure anyone wants/needs would be a bit of a waste would it not?

So just U2U me like I said and let me know what you're interested in. I may try and zip the files up (that way I'd be able to include my whole collection as well but it will be a very large file however) and upload that to my personal space.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Being a hifi buff I don't understand why you can only use headphones? I'm assuming it's because your average stereo is not setup properly and has speakers facing all sorts of directions, obstructed by boxes of crap and cds

They work fine on my cans and on my rig... so guess it's about speaker setup. Sound is sound!

To avoid headphones, try using string to make your speakers into an equilateral (first) or isosceles triangle (experiment with angles depending on room/speakers/setup) with your head resting position in the peak of the triangle and the speakers facing your eardrums straight on, with a clear line of sight with as little junk as possible between you and the speakers. This will minimise geometry issues so the speaker can correctly make the 'beating' sounds, e.g. schuman resonance between 7-12hz using a 7-12 hz differential signal as described in the OP.
#2 Check phasing of speakers (also very important), play a mono sound file and if the sound is not coming from exactly between the speakers you may need to reverse wires around on your speakers. Read more about this here

Some rigs e.g. $10 3" full range computer speakers in plastic surrounds may not be able to output the range or detail of sound required, this is where headphones will hopefully save you.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I tried again and it worked this time for some reason so if it didn't work for you earlier try again, chances are it could work, I'm downloading most of them now.

I just tried the adrenaline rush one and I wasn't sure what to expect, nothing really happened except at the end of it I started feeling chi circulating in my hands.. other than that, nothing really specific happened.
What is supposed to happen? Is there something you should think about or focus on for this to work?

I'm also wondering about the past life regression file, what is supposed to happen? Should you just let your mind go free and wander while listening in a meditative state? What about breathing?

I have so many questions..
like.. what tribe are you from?
Sorry just had to, I've seen too much Dave Chappelle!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
thanx but can u explain how these actually work

I mean

if I want to exercise, which one I need to use, and how do I use it, I mean, during or before

it would be helpful if you could describe shortly how each one of them you think works for u ... so we could try out ...

thanx for this post

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

You must use headphones there is a specific reason why. To explain it in the easiest way possible think about it like this...

A tone at a specific range is put into one ear, and another tone which is slightly different goes into the other ear.

Because of the tone difference you brain needs to make up it's own tone to equalize it out someway... I'm trying to not use scientific terms here because I'm hoping being general in my explanation makes more sense to people. Basically that's how it works in an eggshell.

Here is some more info for you all...

Frequency Range Frequency Name Usually Associated With:
> 40 Hz Gamma waves Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear, and consciousness
13 - 40 Hz Beta waves Active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition
7 - 13 Hz Alpha waves Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness
4 - 7 Hz Theta waves Dreams, deep meditation, REM sleep
< 4 Hz Delta waves Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

By stimulating the brain in specific patterns, your brain can become trained to respond in specific ways, inducing sleep, concentration, improve learning and creativity, and perform any number of other feats.

How Do Binaural Beats Affect the Body?

This has an amazing effect on the mind and body. Within minutes of listening to binaural beats for the first time, you can expect:How Do Binaural Beats Affect the Body?

Your body to feel heavy and the inability to move freely
Anxiety, Stress, and Tension Relieved
Vivid visualizations, colors and patterns
Separation of the conscious and subconscious mind
Total relief from anxiety and stress
Feeling of sedation or not feeling the body at all

Read full info here

Unfortunately I cannot find the link I used to have that shows all the different hertz and how each one effects the brain and what it can help produce.

Basically when these different hertz/binaural beats are introduced to the brain different effects are produced. For example some may relax you to the point of being able to go into a deep trance and you may find yourself able to go out of body. I have had success with many of these.

For those of you asking how certain ones work, or why they may not be working for you, you either may not be using the headphones, or you may not be relaxing/meditating while listening. The thing is some of these are made to use while meditating, and some are used while doing certain things such as studying and researching to help you remember better.

The adrenaline rush is the one my brother had success with to help him get ready for school in the morning, if it doesn't work for you keep trying and if it doesn't work then move on to another one. Binaural beats are not for everyone, although you should find some of them work at least somewhat for you. I haven't talked to anyone that has not had success with any of them.

Here is another link with some downloads and they have it setup at different hertz to help you understand what they do and what brainwave state they effect. I will tell you all who are interested in binaural beats that you should do your own research on the following things (just use google):

1. brainwave states
  2. the effects of binaural beats on the brain
  3. how binaural beats work
  4. transcendental meditation

Just use those as search strings.

Here is another link that should aid you all in informing you on brainwave states and what they do (and tons of other information), I will continue looking for the website I had saved that has the largest list I've ever seen on different hertz and how they effect the brain.

Brain Wave Entertainment (lots of info)

Let me know if you need any more explanations. I will do my best to help you all.

*UPDATE* - I found a website that will be very helpful in explaining the information you all are seeking... so here you go.

EquiSync - Brainwave States and how they influence you

[edit on 4-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OKAY, I have found the website I know you all will enjoy, it explains EVERYTHING you need to know about bravinwave/cymatic frequencies, here you go!!!

Brainwave/Cymatic Frequency Listing

Check out my spirituality threads, there are two, the first one got a lot of attention the second did not but it is filled with tons of info as well.

For everyone who needs help in the spirituality department...(part one)

For everyone who needs some help in the spirituality department part deux

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks. S+F.
Listening. Mesmerized.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
hey I would like to know what kind of volume do u recomment, I mean, does it matter?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
hey I would like to know what kind of volume do u recomment, I mean, does it matter?

Me personally, I leave the volume at very comfortable level. If for example I were to base it on a 1-10 scale I'd say a 4 is where I'd play these at.

If you are meditating and are using these, it definitely does not have to be loud and should not be because if you do go into a deep trance, you do not want to be awoken out of it because of the binaural beat being too loud.

Also I recommend if you're meditating to stay in a quiet place in which you will not be disturbed. The last think you want is what I like to call the 'sling shot' or 'rubber band' effect. This happens when you go out of body and are disturbed in some way in the physical world which awakens you and brings you back to your physical body in a fraction of a second, literally automatically. I had this happen to me and it literally feels like your astral body (spiritual self/soul) is sling shotted back into the physical body. It not only feels very, very weird, but it's sort of an uncomfortable feeling that you never want to experience. Although it is not going to really scare you, it may surprise you very much and make you feel taken aback.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have many more binaural beats I can upload so if I keep getting these positive responses I will take the time to upload more.

I am thinking about making a .zip file package - but keep in mind this will be an enormous file.

Please post responses to this post in this thread or U2U me if you think you'd be interested.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these.

I am downloading them now.Have you tried divshare for file hosting?Or Box.net?

I truly enjoy these and rarely hear one completely while still awake.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Both of those sites don't allow me to upload the file size(s) I need to upload.

I have made a .rar file of all my binaural beats but it's over 1gb in size, I can get it onto my personal space but I need to use FTP. I will have to see if I can even put the 1gb+ sized file on my space though, it may still even have a limit using FTP.

I will get back to this thread and let you all know how it works out. Hopefully I can upload the file somewhere/somehow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join