It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops & Judges Caught Using Secret Codes On Tickets

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by ..5..

I would like to call ..BS..

If you were really able to track such items down its because you knew the people involved or knew people that knew them. Solving true crimes is much harder.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by rjmelter]

Look it up. the case was filed in Monrovia CA 1997 or so. Two macaws stolen from my property. The Blue and gold was found in the theifs custody in a motel room in Baldwin park. The other had been sold to an antique furniture dealer.
Pick up the phone and call the monrovia PD to verify it is a metter of public record. If they say they did anything proactive to find the birds they are lying. Everything they did was reactive.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

No let him live his fantacy. We know the reality, but let him share his experiance and pat himself on the back. Maybe it is true that he caught a break and got the guys, but to think ONE incident can trump the total amounts is boggus.

He says he has all the answers, ok so 5 tell me this:

Last year in the US there were:

just over 2.5 million burglaries and
just over 2.9 million robberies

Thats totals 5.4 incidents where stuff was taken by bad guys.

There are 800,000 cops total in the US. According to you, we suck and have no idea how to get stuff back or find those responsible. Can you see the sheer issue with just numbers alone (since you like numbers so much)? Not to mention the REALITY in no trace evidence, no witnesses, etc...

Like rjmelter stated, I have NO DOUBT you knew the fools that you "tracked down"...I won't get into why on here, but be MORE than happy to tell you through a U2U.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
rcwj1975 I've noticed you've been posting on this thread full time since I posted it. I admire your dedication to defending your profession.

I just have to ask; When do you sleep or find time for work?

Just wondering...

Its the joys of 12 hour shifts...lol

I work 7 out of 14 days. Example:

Work: Mon & Tue
Off: Wed & Thur
Work: Fri / Sat / Sun

then the next week

Off: Mon & Tue
Work: Wed & Thur
Off: Fri / Sat / Sun

Not a bad schedule, but can take a toll since some 12 hour days turn into 14s or 16s depending on the BS.

That and when you have been getting 6 hours sleep for the past 15 years, you realize its overrated and will get enough when your dead...

Oh and let me add....I DO hop on at work sometimes...GUILTY..lol..but until IT blocks the page

[edit on 3/3/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by ..5..

If you were really able to track such items down its because you knew the people involved or knew people that knew them. Solving true crimes is much harder.

You 'find' people who know them just like I did. People talk, people talk about other people, they talk about what they saw other people doing and people talk about other people they know. Get off your ass and start solving crimes it is not anything superhuman but you do have to try. The reason so many thefts and crimes take place is because the criminals KNOW that the police will do NOTHING to stop them or track them down.

The police are a waste of resources and should be phased out.

Everyone thinks they can do a cops job better.

EVERYONE CAN!!! Get off your GD high horse.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

I apologize for accusing you of being a cop. I would have thought you would take that as a compliment from what you are saying. I thought you were, from your screenname, and your defense of their crimes. However, I do not apreciate your insulting me, and defending criminals.
You state that there are some good ones. Like I said, that is what the bad ones are always saying, insinuating that they are 'the good one'. I have had way too much interaction with them, and I have never met one. Including my own doggone brother.
3) You are defending criminals, and say you are righteous; that is the definition of self-righteous. YOU said you are self-righteous. No assumption there.
4)If you are a constitutionalist, you are either just saying that to pretend, or you don't really understand the world.
7)The books I was perusing list the precedents and a lot about the law. I have had training in alot of stuff about law, ethics, morality, etc. You are correct, tho, just reading in a library doesn't make one wise. Possibly knowledgeable, but not with comprehension.
8)Ever heard of the cops being required to have 'reasonable cause' to stop and search? I mentioned all of that and how they have laws that they can ALWAYS write anyone up for, and those laws are simply not enforced, but they are passed to allow the illegal conduct by the cops. You obviously can read, why don't you understand that?
9)There are now very few good people left, a lot less than is popularly believed. The Bible prophesies this time, and this circumstance. If I did not believe the Bible, would I somehow have 'faith'? The people who go into LE are sometimes decent people, actual good guys. But the former school bullies drive them out. I said that before and you ignore it. Not the part about the bullys. The 'restraining influence' of the Holy Spirit has been removed, and now those without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit are just acting out of their nature, and not restrained. Bible and current events have MUCH in common. That is why I talk about both. But because I am a Child of God, that does not suddenly make me warm and fuzzy to all the bad people, and forgiving of any for as long as they continue their wickedness. That is a false doctrine being spewed out by the churches today. Even GOD does not forgive those who will not admit they are wrong. Instead, He dispatches them to hell. And we are to forgive as God forgave us. So does He forgive us if we don't admit we are wrong, and ASK? It is Biblically wrong to forgive those who don't change, or repent. You reek of, well, just go take a shower...

Oh man, I don't even know where to start with you....seriously....
1)I am not a defender of cops. I have been quite outspoken about my feelings about their abuse of power. My point is, to sit and say that ALL cops, judges, laywers etc are evil and corrupt is moronic and bordering on psychotic.

That type of attitude is counter productive.

Also, my screen name has nothing to do with police. Not sure how you came to that conclusion

2)Did you consider that the reason you feel you have never had an interaction with a good one is that you go into every interaction believing them to be evil?

3)Please, please, show me where I said I was righteous. I have never and will never use that word, especially considering I do not believe in your god, and it is a word associated with him.

So please, I beg you, show me where I called myself righteous.

4)You throw out backward insults, but you didnt answer my question. How are traffic stop unconstitutional? You say I dont understand what it means, but you seem to think it regulates all american action. I know the constitution. You apparently dont.

5)Again, good for you for reading about a subject. That still doesnt mean you know a thing about it.

6)Cops need reasonable cause to search. They need a traffic violation to stop you. Two different things. Please, show me some of these laws that allow them to pull you over for ANYTHING. You so far have thrown out a lot of hypothetical. Are you going to back ANY of it up, i wonder?

7)You can quote and reference the bible all you want. I do not believe in your religion. Therefore, it doesnt really hold water for me. I prefer to deal in fact and reality.

You didnt address what I asked you though. How can you justify referencing the bible and claiming religious high ground, yet sit and judge all cops judges and lawyers to be evil?

Do you not see the hypocrisy there? Do you not understand that according to your god, that is a hell worthy sin?

One final thing: The 'return' key is your friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

And the point is? Yes, we absolutely need cops, at least ones that uphold the law and are good guys. And they would be doing us a great service. But... Sometimes they are fighting real crime. When they are not, they are acting like gradeschool bullies, shoving their will down everyones throats. With the blessing of the 'teachers'. And we absolutely need to be bearing arms, to stop or prevent these crimes. The 'Progressives' (actually Regressive) want to take away the arms of all the law abiding citizens, so we can not revolt against the Progressives when they finally have people realizing they are just thugs/communists. And then only the outlaws will keep their guns. You see the video of the security guards looking on while a girl was attacked? There are some of us who would indignantly defend her if we had a gun, or even if we did not. IT IS OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT, not the govt given priviledge, like traveling on 'their' roads. Or breathing 'their' air, drinking 'their' water, eating 'their' food.

For the second time, security guards are not the same as cops.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Well congrats on a job well done. Dont you think you should apply to work at the police department, you would be a huge asset, since you know how to find exotic birds? Were the statues? Its not too hard to do your own research.

Its hard to investigate things when laws are set in place that restrict you from doing your job, however.

There are more laws preventing officers from doing their jobs than there are laws to prevent the offenses.

Maybe you should take this up with someone with a legal degree.

and yes people do talk... I have a feeling still though that the people who committed the crime was either family or friend to one of yours.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Alrighty, here we go again;
1)NO you can NOT drive at 65 thru a residential area. That 'safety' part does not apply only to you. That is ridiculous.
2)And of course, you are not a bureaurat in fact, only a rat supporter. And 'common sense' is not so common. I would contest, since you fail to see what is in plain sight around you, that you have a speck of sense.
3) Of COURSE there are 'laws out there'. It makes it APPEAR to be a legitimate operation. Same reason they sometimes prosecute govt bureaurats. Makes it appear they are trying. Gives them something to do. Otherwise, they would be sent packing, or have another Revolution on their hands. If/when the truth got out.
Read the post about 'fishing'. That is absolutely forbidden by the US constitution, and is committed every day by the fellow conspirators of that poster. The 'laws' are written so as to provide an excuse for any officer to pull anyone over. No other reason but to nullify the probable right clause.
4)No, absolutely not. People are written up all the time for legitimate reasons, for breaking sound law. But as someone who is NOT routinely breaking laws, I still get treated like I am. And most other people relate that as well. In the eyes of these bullys, it is Us vs. Them, and because we are not in their private 'gang', we are assumed to be enemies, and 'bad guys'. Unless we are vets, parents, church people, and others popularly seen as good, common citizens. If you don't fit into that mold, you are either screwed, or pretending you are one of those.
I get the idea that you are really a decent person, and I wish you were not so blinded as to not see these crimes going on all around you. Just stop 'assuming' all that nonsense you were raised to believe, and start observing. Think outside the box. Just watch. It will come to youl.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Gregarious]

Yikes, still proving your ignorance....

1)You missed the complete point of my statement. I can drive 65 through a residential area and be following the basic rule of driving, that is, driving at a speed that I feel is safe and comfortable. That does not mean it is safe for those around me, which was exactly the point I was making(If you had bothered to read who I was responding to, you would have understood that.....
)

2)You are proving one thing here, friend. Common sense certainly is not very common

3)The main thing I am getting out of your posts is that you expect 'them' to change for you. But you only sit and whine. Did you miss the part where this is a democracy, and where civilian action can get things done?

No, its far easier to sit and whine about what you feel is not right, then to actually try and do something about it

4)The whole 'fishing' thing is not so cut and dry. As much as you'd like to make it seem like cops just pull over anyone and everyone in hopes that they catch a bigger fish, it simply isnt true.

5)I fully support the fact that the ideology shift from 'protect and serve' to 'crime prevention' is a very bad one. But I'd love for you to cite examples of how you are routinely treated like a common criminal. Just a couple of examples will suffice.

6)Dont even try and lecture me on 'what is really going on'. I guarantee I have been studying these subjects longer than you.

And for the record, 'thinking outside the box' does not mean deciding that everyone is evil, and that you are the only one with a valid point of view. That, friend, is the exact opposite.

That is the very definition of closed mindedness.

I was once where you are, of the mindset that the whole damn world is against us. That all in government are evil. That no cop wants to do good.

Then I grew up.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

There is no good and evil. There are only actions. And YOUR actions speak as much about you, as theirs do of them.

Never forget that.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
F*** The Police!!!!

And Fight The Power!!!!

I'm just so tired of law enforcement now a days...you give a gun to a simple man and he thinks he's god...well you know what...your not god...

Remember...at the end of the day...If you didn't have that gun and badge on your person...you would just be another civilian...many officers tend to forget who they were before they "transformed" into people who feel as if they can do whatever they want without any consequences towards their actions...

Flame all you want

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by Goathief
If further action is taken against these ticket issuers, will you be turning yourself in to face the concequences/punishment?

I don't get you guys.

A speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 35 is $200.

A speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 35 is $200, even if your a AH.

At no time is your fine more, do you get more punishment, etc...you guys are making up this stuff in your minds for whatever reason.

So not sure what your asking me to answer too, when nothing illegal is going on from any angle. The only thing wrong was doing 65 in a 35....

Amazing, right? People seem to be missing the fact that if you are ticketed, chances are you committed the violation.

Putting a note on the ticket doesnt change the fact that YOU BROKE THE FRIGGIN LAW.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired

I don't accept your statements. What may be an infraction and should be a fine to any person in your eyes. Does not meet my criteria for sacrifice of my limited time on this earth. My earnings equates a 100$ ticket to taking one day off of my life. I harm no person. No person has objected to my act. Yet I am issued a "ticket" on the basis that in some time a government has decided that anyone that , for example, doesn't make a full and complete stop at a stop sign will be penalized regardless of complaint of a human. BS

Sir, I respect the rights that I was born with more than those corrupt individuals that would sell those same rights for the purpose of continued profit wether it is the arbitrary fund raising of government by ordinances or the authority of the queen.

Here's the thing though-a car is a human creation as well. It is not a right to drive.

It is a privilege, and for that privilege, you agree to follow the rules decided on.

If you cant do that, you dont get the privilege(although it seems these days, people can keep the privilege even when they dont deserve it)

Somewhere along the line people decided that driving is a right....but its not.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Star for you rcw and thank you for your dedicated service. Some people mistake "God complex" with the need of an officer to exhibit a self assured presence.

Just like any profession there are some bad ones that escape the scrutiny of their supervisers and peers. They will get their due in time.

Keep up the good work and thanks for being on ats.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Oh and let me add....I DO hop on at work sometimes...GUILTY..lol..but until IT blocks the page

[edit on 3/3/2010 by rcwj1975]

Haha, dude...the UBER filters at my work let it through because ATS reads as a "news site".

By the way, thanks for defending LEO's with such vigilance. Salutes, bro. I wish I had the same amount of time to get on here, but get easily frustrated by lack of sense from a lot of the comments.

Anyways. cool stuff.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I understand the constitution to say that I have the right to travel within any city,state and this entire country.
In the days of the founders travel may have been by horse and carriage...ya think there was a plate on the carriage?...

Now it is by motor vehicle. I do have a right to use it if I pay for it..
FYI
An ordinance or statute isn't legal just because the state passed the bill. It may be rendered void by the supreme court on constitutional grounds.

sorry off topic a bit.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I understand the constitution to say that I have the right to travel within any city,state and this entire country.
In the days of the founders travel may have been by horse and carriage...ya think there was a plate on the carriage?...

FYI
An ordinance or statute isn't legal just because the state passed the bill. It may be rendered void by the supreme court on constitutional grounds.

sorry off topic a bit.

1)You have every right to travel. Go ahead and show me where 'the right to travel within any city, state and this entire country' says anything about driving.

Not driving does not take away your right to travel.

You have the right to OWN a motor vehicle if you pay for it. To use STATE OR FEDERAL FUNDED ROADWAYS, you are agreeing to follow the rules of the road.

It is not a right. Which is why drivers must be licensed.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In response to an earlier post...

Your rights? Your rights?

Lesson 1... driving is NOT a right. You do not have the right to a driver's license, likewise you do not have the right to drive.

It's called a priviledge.

Lesson 2... Rights, as defined by the Bill of Rights, are held by every person in the United States; it matters not if you were born here or are just visiting for a couple hours... while in America, you share those rights. They can be temporarily suspended through court order if deemed necessary for the safety of the greater majority, but those rights will always return.

Lesson 3... A priviledge, such as a driver's license, can be taken away as easily as it is granted. Your license can be suspended for any amount of time, its use can be restricted, and can even be revoked. This goes with any other priviledge that we have... if we don't follow the rules, if we don't obey the regulations or uphold proper conduct, we can see ourselves without a good many things.

It's amazing, it really is, on seeing how many on this thread are upholding ignorance, ignoring the facts as they have been laid out, and are completely oblivious to what we in the law enforcement community are trying to say.

Furthermore, if your actions or lack of restraint can lead one to believe that the safety and well being of others may be jeopardized, when your "priviledge" infringes on another person's "rights", then yes, we will be there to stop you... but don't ever believe for one second that we are directly targeting you or against you, especially when we are looking out for others.

And again, because it seems more poeple are complaining about this since one of my previous posts... you have a few options when it comes to tickets: pay it immediately (admission of guilt), go to traffic court and argue your case, or never pay it (and then get warrants). Why are you people complaining about how bad a cop's judgement was, how wronged you were, why you should never have had to pay the fine, when all you have to do is show up for the court date! Think!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

OK. That sir is the problem. You enforce laws...in your mind that are binding on all. These are statutes..not LAW.
Are foreign diplomats subject to these "LAWS" ..no sir.
They are free of the myriad of statutes that have been enacted over the past 200 years. The only Law they must obey is common law.

I do have my right to travel in a car or bus or train whichever I choose.
I ask you this. How can a government grant a priveledge to a free man?
It is the man that created the government.

What I do with my freedom is what distinguishes me as an honorable man or dishonorable. In this case if I transgress upon another Man then I will make ammends. It still isn't the State's right to bring any charges against me.
Lol. This is the way I choose to exercise my freedom. I hope, for your sake, that we never meet while you are on duty. I would give you a severe headache when all is said and done. I would walk free of any charges.
I know the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

FYI

sorry off topic a bit.

1)You have every right to travel. Go ahead and show me where 'the right to travel within any city, state and this entire country' says anything about driving.

You have the right to OWN a motor vehicle if you pay for it. To use STATE OR FEDERAL FUNDED ROADWAYS, you are agreeing to follow the rules of the road.

My "license" is my constitutional right to travel. What is the difference if i drive my tractor on my farmland or on a federal highway. Isn't a federal highway named such because it was created by the USA..which was created by the constitution...which was created by free men?
You assume that a license is required because that is what you were taught about "law" . How many times have you assumed about Law and been wrong? I dare and encourage you to research to whom the statutes apply. They apply to those "persons"...look this up too.. subject to state and federal law.
Like a diplomat from Italy a freeman is not.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I find it very difficult to believe that you honestly don't think your comments have potential to sway a judges opinion about a case, and that you just use these codes for your own benifit. If this code has no impact, why use it at all?

What is even more funny is that many of the people supproting your side of the argument (I'm not sure if you have said this or not) fully admit that the smiley face could help the judge be more lenient on the defendant. So you would have us believe that judges are influenced by the favorable codes to reward people whom the officers find polite, but they do not punish the ones the officers found impolite? Thats laughable.

For the sake of argument however, I will assume that you are telling the truth for a moment, and that you don't intend for your code to influence a judge.

Do you feel that some judges can be corrupt or vindictive? Even just one?

If so, how are you so absolutely 100% sure that the judge is not using your code to help determine guilt, or the size of the fine?

The problem with your defense of this pratice is that you are only looking at it from your experience. Just because you are a good cop and perhaps you only know good judges doesn't mean that is the case for everyone.

You defending a practice that could be abused by LEO's and judges based on your experience is no different than everyone you are complaining about that hates all cops based on their experiences.

If this practice of codes serves no purpose other than self gratification as you yourself claim, then I suggest you stop doing it as it is clear that it only has the potential to be abused.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

FYI

sorry off topic a bit.

My "license" is my constitutional right to travel. What is the difference if i drive my tractor on my farmland or on a federal highway. Isn't a federal highway named such because it was created by the USA..which was created by the constitution...which was created by free men?
You assume that a license is required because that is what you were taught about "law" . How many times have you assumed about Law and been wrong? I dare and encourage you to research to whom the statutes apply. They apply to those "persons"...look this up too.. subject to state and federal law.
Like a diplomat from Italy a freeman is not.

That is completely false. You license is a document showing you have the privelage to drive your car on public roadways. In no way does it denote a 'right'.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join