It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DID the emp cause Chile and Japans quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Did the EMP pulse from the sun the cause the earthquakes reported yesturday?
There was reportably a Large discharge from the sun recently and now we have huge earthquakes soon after? I know it was not headed in our direction but perhaps was miscalculated.???
Be Well

[edit on 27-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Sounds like a pretty good theory to me. I guess the CME missed the earth but a pulse of electromagnetic energy may have hit.

There was a huge sunspot present when the Haiti earthquake happened.

Feb. has been a month where a sunspot was present each day. The sun can effect the earth like a microwave oven does. Cooks from the inside out. But the surface will eventually heat through deep ocean waters and fissures.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was just looking at Google earth. I wish I was an expert on this but it seems with the way the Earths axis is tilted, it might be possible that the wave of particles hit the Earth and traveled straight through. From Chile to Japan. Just so I don't get flamed from the sore os hit squad, I' not an expert.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yea it just seems that we are ill informed when it comes to how our planet reacts to different forces magnetism could easily affect the inner structure of earth so i started this thread to see if others thought similarly?
Be Well

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If I recall that CME is supposed to hit on the first of march.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What EMP pulse?
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol, your on a right mission to get the facts out,

busy are we today?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
my apologies i meant cme and i definately understand that it reportabley wasnt heading our way but the earthquakes did happen soon after?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The solar wind was very calm on the days prior to and the days of the earthquakes in Japan and Chile. Late yesterday there was an increase in activity which may or may not have been a result of the CME. The earthquakes were not caused by solar activity.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I've heard the claim that solar activity does not cause earthquakes but have not seen any proof of it.

What is the rational behind it?

Also, isn't it possible that the sun emits things that we are not able to detect?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Im definately feeling like a jackass the more i way the possibilitys the more i see the science is not there. To many doomsday movies for me!
Bad on me

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Proving a negative is a difficult thing to do because in order to do so every case must be proven. It would be better to prove that there is a connection. Scientists have been trying to do that for quite a while. Here are the results of a recent study.

When it is considered that the aftershocks are also included in the number of earthquakes which have been taken into the comparison, in the area within the given coordinates, there is no finding that shows that the earthquakes occur as a result of a triggering under the effect of geomagnetic storm. In order to mention such a finding, more number of earthquakes should occur with percentages that correspond to geomagnetic
storms. This is not verified by the results.

www.ciencias.unal.edu.co...

I suppose it's possible the sun emits things we can't detect. Maybe invisible monsters come out of the sun and shake the earth.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the reading.

And no need to get snarky about a simple question. Science is ever evolving. Asking questions is at the very core of science. Discouraging questions with comments like that is discouraging science.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I'm sorry for the snarkiness.
The point was, if there is something going on that we don't know about there is no way to make the correlation. The Sun was quiet, the solar wind was quiet, the magnetosphere was quiet.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I agree with phage in that I think it was naturally caused, i.e. tension in the earths crust. That doesn't say it isn't a valid question deserving of scientific study though, no matter the outcome it wouldn't be a needless expense IMO.

top topics

join