It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Let's please keep this on the topic rather than the poster.

I know that the thread is long and there is some level of attention towards individual posting habits but there is no need for personal attacks...subtle or otherwise.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The Kernel will digress. It has become evident though that the members that say this should be implemented across the board may have a point.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bill, I have to be perfectly honest. Being allowed to add levity and sarcasm is EXACTLY why I head over to GLP these days! ATS lacks the freedom of GLP and other conspiracy sites.

You piss me off! If anyone questions the status quo on racial issues here at ATS they get hit with MOD attacks and other infringements. If you want honest discussion, ALL views are to be included. If I don't like muslims, I have the right to express it. Of course, it's your site and you have the right to take it down, but that assures that I, and anyone else disgust with 'status quo' on any issue, will head elsewhere.

So, as they say, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. Welcome to the world wide web!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

...and I think some people don't quite get the concept of 'Its not WHAT you say - but HOW you say it'.

By all means have an opinion. By all means express it...as is your right.

HOW you express it however is the crux of the matter.

Strangely enough many people are able to express their opinions on this site.
Many people are able to express their like or dislike or sheer disdain towards this group or that group, this ideology or that ideology.
And they can do so just fine.

IF however people wish to express such opinion with venom and viciousness.
IF however they wish to exercise their 'right' to express their opinion in forms that fall foul of this sites T&Cs...which essentially boil right down to a simple concept of 'Don't be a dick'...then NO.
By all means take the trash somewhere else. For its not welcome here.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Here is an example of a post made by a member of this forum after they posted in this one.

I guess free food,money,health care,schooling and housing wasn't enough to even the score?We pay you to breed and then pay for offspring for cripes sake.You are allowed to do less,know less and produce less and still get promoted.We alter testing criteria so you can keep up and still all you do is bitch and moan.If you don't like it leave,I'm sure your ancestors have saved a hut for you back in mother Africa.

Don't forget your getting all that "obama money too!

Is this the type of posting that is allowed on ATS? If so thanks for letting me know. If not, you need to discuss amongst yourselves (staff) why this type of posting has been given stars, has continued to recieve stars and why it has yet to be removed.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

We can't be everywhere ALL THE TIME.

There is an alert button, use it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

How do you know I haven't? More importantly, how does that even begin to adress the question?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Staff would have seen it, had you alerted it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The overlord has an--" I am personally Pissed OP"
What up with that?
Membership is speaking where is he?

Take out the trolls, who's next?
Anti-agnostics?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not going against the mods here or anything, but do people just star mod posts just 'cause? Seriously, some of them can just say "Hi guys! I'm a mod" and then everyone just goes "Rawwwwwwrgh" and then stars them.

But I digress. Just an observation I've made.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

OK, so I send an alert over seven hours ago, yet a staff member actually posted two minutes after the madness was posted and did absolutely nothing about it.

I rest my case and I'm done with this thread. You people have shown the way you want the site to go, have shown you love hypocrisy, and have shown that certain people on this site will never get a fair shake or the benefit of the doubt.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I found the alert. Nice job, thanks for sending it.

I wasn't involved in the discussion of that particular post though.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If I've ever been a troll,
it's because I'm totally addicted to this site.

And I can't stand to not check it every day for the latest news.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by traderjack

...and I think some people don't quite get the concept of 'Its not WHAT you say - but HOW you say it'.

By all means have an opinion. By all means express it...as is your right.

HOW you express it however is the crux of the matter.

Strangely enough many people are able to express their opinions on this site.
Many people are able to express their like or dislike or sheer disdain towards this group or that group, this ideology or that ideology.
And they can do so just fine.

IF however people wish to express such opinion with venom and viciousness.
IF however they wish to exercise their 'right' to express their opinion in forms that fall foul of this sites T&Cs...which essentially boil right down to a simple concept of 'Don't be a dick'...then NO.
By all means take the trash somewhere else. For its not welcome here.

Peace.

Take this poetic post for instance.
Is it about trolls??
It is nothing but a conversation about T&C.
What Up?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Maybe the mods are afraid to use other than neutral, politically-correct terminology ?

Maybe the mods aren't sure how to respond

Where I live, the word 'pissed' is a way of saying someone is drunk, so the Aussies who've seen this thread must have scratched their heads a little initially, as I did

The OP specifies 'political trolls and hacks'. But then the thread took off on a tangent and has gone all over the place

Are there cliques on ATS who band together and target an individual ?

Are there cliques who have mods on-side, resulting in the targeted individual being publicly 'warned' and 'banned' while other, genuinely offensive posts and threads continue on their merry way ?

Have dozens of people Flagged this thread in the belief this will work in their favour ?

Do certain groups enjoy mod protection on ATS ?

Is the 'trolling' such a problem ? How can it be a problem deserving of close to 200 Flags in 24 hours ---- when so many have sought explanation as to what this trolling is and consists of ?

Truth is, people express themselves differently at different times. Politics and religion are heated topics, whether on the floor of Parliament - in the mainstream media - in thousands of blogs and forums. Watch any televised political debate to see politicians insulting each other, accusing each other of being liars and crooks and engaging in mutual character assassination

Why would it be any different in a forum, particularly when people are only stating what they'v heard prominent politicians saying publicly in the media and elsewhere --- and particularly when not everyone who posts in forums is especially articulate or interested in complying with someone else's version of politically-correct speech ?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good start. Now, we need the same level of pissed off-ness to be applied to the threads with religious topics, where the same mentality runs rampant. Always, within a half dozen posts, the insults and name calling begin to over run the thread.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well mate let's have a brewski and get pissed and screw the trolls.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Yep. And again, we need only look at what those religions and their official representatives say, to see that people in fora could very probably be considered 'tempered', 'considered' and 'mild', in comparison

Forums are a reflection of real life. Or they need to be, if they intend to survive

Listen to the rhetoric of clergy across the board. Listen to what they say and how they say it

Delve into the 'holy books' of various religions: 'smite this', 'damn this or that to Hell', 'non-believers are fair game -- kill, rape, rob them and be rewarded in this particular religion's 'own heaven', etc.

Gee, this (and countless other) forum is mild in comparison

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good God!!!!

21 pages and we are still going round and round.

What ever happened to self restraint? or a simple Respect for others views and opinions? The MODS have a hell of a time policing all the overtly bad posts. Why cant we show some maturity when it comes to an opposing view?

I'll admit that I am just as guilty as the next guy/gal for sometimes taking a thread on small detours [Only if it's pertinent].

Get a grip people and grow up.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Our staff is as tired of the B.S. as we owners are. If you can't grasp the intention of the message and/or don't understand the history behind it, do a little (or A LOT) of research and get clued in.

...thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to inform me that you didnt understand my post to bill... i'll try again...

...i do understand the point he was trying to make and would have agreed with him 100% if his delivery had not been a rant with inappropriate language, name-calling and a hostile presumption directed at anyone who asked for clarification...

...i also understand being tired of the negative stuff that comes along with being a site owner... however, if the site owner doesnt respect the rules everyone is supposed to abide by - what good are the rules?... if posters use the word PISSED in their thread titles, will that be okay with you and bill?...

...the above two questions are purely rhetorical - no response desired or required...

...have a nice day...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join