It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Nigel Farage asks the EU President "Who are you?" *Hilarious*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Talk about telling it like it is. The more I see of UKIP the more I like them. We need politicians like this who speak the truth and show these corrupt slobs for what they are.
It's a simple question that I'm sure everyone wants to know, who are you Mr President? You are paid more than Obama and have tremendous power over Europe yet we have no idea who you are.

aaaah democracy

[edit on 25-2-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
your link doesn`t work mate.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I have included the video here, hope it helps

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thanks December Rain, I'll add it to the post

[edit on 25-2-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Don't hold back Nigel ... Tell 'em what you REALLY think!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That is the best use of UK 'attitude' I've seen since George Galloway. Jeez, I love it when you guys take umbrage, armed with a scathing command of the Queen's English.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That was a pretty good rant.

I always enjoy when someone says **** it, I going at it.

S@F for a good rant.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

That was a pretty good rant.

I always enjoy when someone says **** it, I going at it.

S@F for a good rant.

theres plenty of that sort of thing on their youtube channel....check it out...

anyone or any group that trample over people deserve nothing other than ridicule...and mr farage does this very well indeed...he said in an interview i heard that when the dutch people said no to the lisbon treaty he had a party in the European Parliament bar...and when some german who was all for the lisbon treaty came in he sarcastically invited him for a drink..saying its a great day for democracy and liberty in europe...lets celebrate..he said the german MEP came over and simply said...'we have more than one way to achieve our goals'...seems the german was right....sadly...mr farage also said many of his colleagues in the EP are dreadful people....

link   
Did anyone else notice how empty that auditorium was?

I would say that was a verbal beating.I wish someone would call out obama like that.Maybe today?

link   
Yes thank you for sharing this with us.

It was an extremely tense moment.

This type of thing reinforces my belief that the EU is extremely fragile and is in jeopardy of falling apart if these issues grow worse.

When the EU began I did not foresee these types of huge discrepancies so early on. It actually has me sort of worried.

The EU is in serious danger of dissolving IMHO.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You beat me to it anyway this is nice to see and about time too wish more politicians were like this.
S+F

THANKYOU

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nigel Farage is a renowned Joke..

He has to be allowed speak because he was elected, thats about it. Noone takes him seriously..

He's a loudmouth, arrogant Eurosceptic wrapped in a Union Jack with absolutely no decent policy plans.. all he can do is attack the system with his useless, consistently viscous words. I mean, come on, what exactly did that prove or achieve? Nothing at all.. Similar to every other video he has online..

If he used his intelligence and energy to shape policy, then the UK would have a lot more influence in the EU.. But as a result of him, the UK is almost a despised outcast.

EU dissolving? Forgive my bluntness but you clearly don't know much about it if you think this

The EU is quietly taking over the continent since Lisbon in December and if you watch closely, they are using the financial crises to strengthen the Fiscal, Judiciary, Defense and Economic control over all states... at a scary rate and blaming any fallout from the movements on the Financial Crises.

I have been watching closely and its as impressive as it is unsettling. The power of the EU in the continent has all but doubled in the past couple of months.. By the time this crises is over, the EU political landscape will be unrecognizable and the fiscally weaker countries will be all but extensions of Brussels with regional governments.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

What exactly did he prove or achieve? Everything he said in that video and also in other videos is exactly what most of the people thinks. We need people like him to rustle some feathers even if thats all he's good for. We cannot just sit back and let these sorry excuses for politicians with their huge wages have this much power over so many peoples lives. Step by step they are gradually tightening their grip until all our freedoms have diminished as the fewer control the many. So I applaud anyone who confronts these pathetic individuals.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Confront? Yes.. Achieve? No.

While the likes of Nigel Farage are ranting about problems that they are creating in their minds, the world will pass them by. Im no major fan of how the EU currently operates but I can see where the plan is going and in a democratic sense, I am looking forward to my vote having progressively more influence as of last December.

However, Nigel Farage and the likes have absolutely no foresight, he makes his money from the EU parliament and gets voted in by showing video's of himself ranting like a fool to British Eurosceptic voters.. The man's a player.. Im embarrassed for him..

However you feel about EU politicians.. Screaming the words "WHO ARE YOU" to the president of the EU civil service.. yes, civil service.. while complaining about democracy when the leader of his own country wasn't democratically elected and the leaders of his own country's civil service are also appointed, not elected, makes him look like a hypocritical fool.

He has achieved nothing here apart from making his electorate look like a bunch twats.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

How does it make him seem like a hypocritical fool just because Gordon Brown wasn't elected? this has nothing to do with him or his party, this has to do with the absurdity that is British politics which again is just as corrupt which UKIP have many times confronted Gordon Brown about and rightly so. If he doesn't ask the very question that is on the tip of everyones tongue of "who is he?" then who will?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
geeze, i feel bad for you people!

who did vote for that guy?

brussels? isn't that where goldmember comes from?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Did anyone else notice how empty that auditorium was?
I would say that was a verbal beating.I wish someone would call out obama like that.Maybe today?

Problem is, the speaker lacked...shall we call it finesse? While his gumption and vocabulary are to be commended, he still comes off as a wing-nut...but the British variety are so very entertaining.

Now to put it in an American context, I submit George Galloway addressing (dressing down) your Senate. It, too is a thing of beauty, but his message is much more important:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Pretty much all politics is corrupt now... but Nigel Farage as a renowned joke?? By whom?

Every politician is seen as a joke by someone but don't assume by all.

I like him - he makes people think, he makes people question, he does not 'fall in line' and causes people to talk and discuss, much like Ron Paul in the USA. If there were more of these guys then things might change.

The system is full of too many 'yes men' who fall in line and dont question the system - that's why it wont change.... but at least let them give it a go. Yes he is paid by the EU but that's how it works - that's the only way he gets his voice, it does NOT make what he says any less a truth.

They have some great ideas (ukip), and sure their normal policy is pretty weak, but their main goal is to get us out of the EU - that's their policy. Highlighting all the £Billions we as Brits are throwing into the EU and yet getting £Pounds back.... all the stupid rules and regulations now being forced onto us as a country so we cant make our own decisions....

The general public cant understand (and in some ways dont care) the big political documents until they are implemented and too late. Their videos at least make it simple for many 'Joe Publics' to see and make their own minds up...

S+F OP

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I do get what you are saying. Its just that I was introduced to Nigel Farage's politics years ago and hypocritical overkill means that I try to expose him for what exactly he is.

And the question "Who Are You" has been asked in the media since Van Rompoy's appointment.. Its not a new question.. And the reasoning behind his appointment was to ensure it didn't ruffle feathers..

And what does it matter if noone knows who he is? I don't know who the head of the Irish Civil Service is.. do you know off the top of your head who the head of the British one is?? The President of the EU commission is not a position of power.. Its similar to that of the position of Irish President.

My point really is that no matter who was placed in that position, even if it was Jesus or Elvis or Ghandi or the most perfect person for the position.. Farage would have been screaming nonsense at them anyway because that's how he makes his living.. Being a Eurosceptic..

Therefore, absolutely everything he says is anti progress, he has an old view for an old time and if he was in charge, we would be rightly #ed..

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi All this is my second or third time posting anything on this site as I have had trouble with logging in etc.

But just to inform you all that even though he is telling it like it is from what one of the former leaders of the UKIP has stated on the Question Everything show is that any party will only get anywhere in Europe if they are pro EU now this may not come as a surprise but with regards the UKIP and BNP both are apparently secretly in agreement with the EU, I don't see it all the time or they may be saying one thing and doing another in typical politician fashion.

There is a party in the UK worth mentioning as they really are against the EU they are called simply no2eu

No 2 EU

Now you don;t see them in the EU parliament fighting it in the same way but they get little mention anywhere despite its good cause.

Just getting in my 2p hoping to be posting alot more.

Alan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join