It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government plan to control all public tv and radio...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
With the simple flick of a switch the EAS system is turned on all public radio and cable stations are now unable to function they are instead under the complete control of the eas this sytem can be used to braodcast any program message or PROPAGANDA .
Our free lines of media could all vanish in a heart beat leaving us with only the info provided by the EAS system.
I am watching the EAS go off constantly lately as well and am begining to wonder what the deal is?
Is this the platform that the government will use under disaster situation are we being conditioend so we can handle seeing it go off for the first time this could be big...
Be Well

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I manage a TV station In North Carolina, but Im looking at my ticker tape feed from the last few weeks and Im not seeing anything out of the ordinary. are they the usual test patterns, or is there a storm moving through your area? Do the feeds say anything about high winds or heavy rain? As a storm system moves through its not that unusual to have ten or more alerts in the span of a few hours if the surrounding counties are placed on storm watch or storm warning, respectively.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

The government already controls all public tv and radio.

Free lines of media? That is a fallacy within itself. Those haven't existed well......ever.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

ahh i see my linguistic error lol i meant the tests are sounding every few hours over the last months
cool that you have first hand info

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They can plan all they want . We the people have a plan too, and it does not include a controling goverment but one we control.

Bump.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

For your signature.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I actually had a test about ten minutes ago, haha. That makes two tests for my station today. Historically, they only run one a week, but it could be that they are testing the equipment that sends the alerts out. The alerts are generated from various sources like FM radio stations, so it could be that the your tv station is getting the signal from multiple sources, because the way ours works is that it plays whatever is sent to it, even if its the same thing someone else sent to us, IE; Our automation plays the message when received, even if its strikingly similar to a previous message

first test was at 11:03, and the second test was at 16:20, which is 4:20

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ahh Dr. S your incite may prove quite helpful where is the main frame for the eas? is it one central junction or do many agencys have access to a hotline type setup and if so who is the one actually at the begining of this info chain ? Do ya know? very curious

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Im not a hundred percent sure. ours is just a receiving station, we dont transmit the alerts themselves, we just display the information on air when the alert is given, but I know that there are other stations and sources across the state, like WQDR-FM and WDCG-FM. Now as far as who has the authority to send out the test in the first place? For NC its one of a few different agencies, but usually its the North Carolina division of emergency Management, other times its The national weather service or the state highway patrol.

However Each month is dedicated to a certain aspect of preparedness. January is 'Center for missing people', March is statewide tornado drill, and interestingly enough, on June 22nd, at 3-4 AM they will have one for The Brunswick county Nuclear Exercise.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

hmm so i need to look into exactly who gets to pull the trigger at EAS and i wonder if there is an overall national EAS center in case the world is really about to end ie. Nuclear war

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Id say FEMA, The national weather service, and the Highway patrol all have tha ability to generate alerts to be sent out. To my knowledge, there is no company called "EAS", and if there is, I dont think its related to emergency alerts. the company that made my Eas Endec is TFT, and we also have a sage.

this isnt for NC, but its pretty general info, if not overtly lengthy

EAS info

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

THANK YOU DR

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just had another thought in the event something bad is eminent the government could use the eas system to keep us in the dark to avoid loosing control of the population or anarchy. The system is like the tap on a faucet they could turn off the media whenever they see fit the government that is.
NOT TPTB
i cant stand that term so vague and tin foil hattish
Be Well

join