It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you being 'redirected' when googling cetain topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else on here is constantly being 'redirected' lately, mainly when tryinh to google things that have a 'conspiracy' theme.

For example, here are a few topics that I can no longer google:

Vigilante Citizen ( the site that gives you breakdown of occult/illuminat meanings behind songs and videos

Joe Stack info

MK- Ultra correalation with Joe Stack or Alabama professor shootings

Iran nuclear threat iminent

Supicous info about Austin plane crash

Before all of the DISINFO agents swoop down on me, I am not proclaiming that no one can EVER get to the sites..just saying lately I keep getting this funny page that looks like you are looking for a job or car and simply says "You are being redirected"

Maybe they have begun the "Cyber War" afterall....

comments?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

i to have been getting re directed. i was looking up the pictures of the abu ghraib abuse and torture because of one of the recent posts i seen here on ats and i was looking to a name that i swore i seen in one of the photos which was linked to the other thread here but everytime i clicked on a link it would redirect me to some stupid sites :S

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We know what you google, and we also know you are using internet explorer

Actually sounds like hijacking to me, i suggest running a virus scan and/or get firefox/any other browser and see if the problem remains.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't know. Maybe if you used Trend Micro HijackThis it would help.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just tried this myself.

I googled MK Ultra Joe Stack. The link I clicked was www.thejewishquestion.com...

The first time I clicked it, it redirected me to something completely unrelated. I clicked back, clicked the link again and then I finally got to the site.

I'm a little irked now.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It could just be your speed connection as some pages will load faster than other's depending if you have anybody else using your internet connection. If lets say you have a sibling using your internet then there computer/laptop will slow down the internet connection time therefore leaving you with a page loading for a website that is now redirecting you because the connection time has run-out.

Or

In other cases if you have wireless internet and no password protection on it suchas people who could be sat outside your house or ten houses up the road with a laptop in their hands and wireless. They could be clicking to redial their laptop picking out the hundreds of houses in that area for a close connection and then lets say they find your internet they click connect to this IP address and wolla! Your internet is now being used by a stranger you have no idea about and your internet connection has slowed down to a point you are being re-directed.

Have a look outside you never know who's waiting round the corner for your internet.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah, this sounds like a virus. Run a scan, and if it doesn't find anything or it keep shappening after you're done, then come back here.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy here , your machine's been Jacked...lol Google "MBAM" or Malwarebytes anti malware & Spybot. Then download them and run it. It should take care of 99% of your problems. If that doesn't work then It's the NWO and my advice would be to run away.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

yea i ran a virus scan right after i posted the first time because i noticed my firefox didnt do it only internet explorer. I used spybot search and destroy and i had a trojan a worm and a couple of different malwares and spywares stupid avast isnt doing its job right!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I did not have any trouble. I was not redirected. It does sound like you have something on your pc you might want to have fixed. I remember at one time I visited a site that redirected my home start page every time I booted up. It was very annoying and I had to go visit some pc tech help blog site to help get it fixed.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i had a pretty severe problem myself, to the point where this virus overpowered avast

dont ask me how, but avast would not load up and kill the virus for anything. had to do a reformat.

top topics

join