It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate act of Evil.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

50+ million children murdered = genocide - A.K.A. "choice" or in reality Eugenics...yea, thats evil!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Forcing people to live in slavery is worse than murder, imo. What is life without hope? Why would you want to live?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Leopold enslaving and killing up to 30 million inhabitants of the Congo. I remember seeing a photo of a Congo man holding his daughter's hands after they've been cut off because he didn't meet production quotas.

Japanese raped, murdered, and tested on Chinese civilians which resulted in over 30 million deaths.

They don't teach you that in class do they? They won't teach you anything that makes white people look bad.

As of now, the US is the scariest thing on the planet.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
Greetings.

While recently in a discussion with colleagues about Hitler someone bought up that he commited the most evil act, genocide. While another pointed out that while he did kill 17 million people, He would not consider that the ultimate act of evil, Since it was a war and what he did, on the most part, was legel.

It's pretty evil enough to say 17 million when there wasn't even that many alive to kill.

Anyways, at least those people lives ended, there is acts committed that don't seem to end, as I described in this other post.

Hard to think of evil as something ugly when backwards it spells live. Then again, maybe that is just to prove there is no end.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Personally I think the ultimate act of evil is to attempt to destroy anothers' faith. It seems to take quite alot of hatred to try something like that. But thats just my opinion.

Even if the faith is based around lies and deception and that you are trying to help another by exploring their faith?

The problem with faith is that its based on ones own experience that doesn't mean that he/she should create something without exploring it first?

If we take religion we can see that every single religion on this planet has indeed killed something or someone all in its name, surely that is evil is it not, or is it easier to turn a blind eye and carry on devoting your life to something that you don't fully understand?

Surely an act of evil is to deny the person the right to look for themselves?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Personally the 9/11 false flag was probably one of the most evil things done that sticks in my mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusaderiam
Personally the 9/11 false flag was probably one of the most evil things done that sticks in my mind.

What you believe or don't as far as religion goes is a personal choice and in the end we all face death alone. I think preaching atheist idea's is wrong in schools and is evil in a sense, atheism is a religion in itself. To not believe in God is a choice, but schools preach against God too much without offering the other side of creationism.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If we stay with the Hitler example, please dont forget one thing.
Hitler hasnt done this alone, nor gave he all the orders, let alone kill somebody single-handedly.
It was the legions of collaborateurs and yaysayers that made this even possible. The face of fascism may be Hitler, but the heart, brain and most importantly hands, were all those who blindly followed orders.
That is the true evil here. The fact that no one said "hold on a sec, this is plain wrong" and let it happen by beeing passive.
So for me, the ultimate evil in politics is collaboration. It makes evil agendas possible in the first place

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would have considered the experiments they did on people to be the ultimate act of evil. Eugenics and such, totally awful.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The ultimate act of evil....

Allowing millions of people to die from starvation when we have more than enough to share.

That ranks the highest for me.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Personally I think the ultimate act of evil is to attempt to destroy anothers' faith. It seems to take quite alot of hatred to try something like that. But thats just my opinion.

This one is a grey area I believe. I think it is foolish for a religion to claim to know it all, after all how could we possibly? Therefore I think if someone questions your religion with the intension to expand your mind and help you then it can be concidered an act of great kindness.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For me the picture of those stuck behind a wall in Gaza makes the perpetrators guilty of the ultimate evil. Ultimate because it continues and we as so many countries allow and condone it.

Evil that breeds futility and lack of action from others, must be the ultimate evil.

Respects

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
For me the picture of those stuck behind a wall in Gaza makes the perpetrators guilty of the ultimate evil. Ultimate because it continues and we as so many countries allow and condone it.

Evil that breeds futility and lack of action from others, must be the ultimate evil.

Respects

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Thought that complimented your post nicely

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Taken away ones FREEWILL

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
1.Killing animals(even ants and roaches and rats) and destroying their homes- chopping down rainforests etc.
2.Torture - Yes, I think it is more evil than plain old shot in the head.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Regarding the Hitler genocide example:

Well first you have to ask if it really happened -

"Ninety-nine per cent of what we know [about the holocaust] we do not actually have the physical evidence to prove . . . it has become part of our inherited knowledge." (Source)

then you have to remember that even if it did happen, it was legal.

when it comes to the most evil act i would have to say none, evil is merely a perspective!!!

link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
If we stay with the Hitler example, please dont forget one thing.
Hitler hasnt done this alone, nor gave he all the orders, let alone kill somebody single-handedly.
True. Likewise, Charles Manson never killed anybody himself, but everyone thinks of him as a serial killer or a murderer when, in fact, he was just a charismatic guy who people obeyed.

link   
Ultimate act of evil?

Plenty.

The one, besides the obvious inflicting of human suffering is suppressing the truth and technology from the public.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Apathy, or perhaps complacency. Not caring or not bothering to change things is, in my mind, the worst evil possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Are you kidding me? The Masonic Order? Why not the Moose Lodge? Or The Royal Order of Benevolent Elk?

This is the biggest section of dribble I have ever read.

And to call it the Ultimate Evil......Sounds like an article that belongs in the National Enquirer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join