It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hey ATS, name is mmmk and I've been reading ATS for a few years now and there is no better website on the internet. But because i just read and view the forums, I'm not allowed to post a breaking political news article until I introduce myself as a new member? regardless of dis-info and false flagging, people are allowed to post their views and opinions, so why can't new members?
If someone has a intellectual reason for having to make 20 posts before creating a thread, I would be interested and knowing why.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mslag67

Because it stops spammers coming here and spamming the main boards - well that would be my guess anyway.

But 20 posts will fly by trust me.

and look forward to reading your thread once you make those posts.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey there!

As one of our Mods puts it:

The minimum post requirement is there to give you a chance to acclimate to how ATS operates… And what constitutes quality content contribution (and maybe what doesn’t ). The bottom line is that your intro thread is about your favorite topic… You!

from this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that helps. see you around

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's a rule that was implemented to prevent spamming of the boards. At times, we have people who show up merely to own website spam either their own website or hoax the membership.

We have found that this minor inconvenience has a deterrent effect for these actions.

The 20 post rule isn't a difficult one to achieve. I recommend visiting BTS (same username/password) to find a few light hearted and easy to respond to threads to accomplish the twenty posts.

Good Luck and can't wait to see what you have...

And Welcome To ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
screw spammers...
This isn't as bad as I originally thought. Your right, when i was reading some of the other introduction reminders, that you probably have some bad people trying to get this website shutdown or some other B.S. that may cause inconveniences.

In turn I've learned a lesson today from ATS and this is why i continue coming back.

I also appreciate the quick response

[edit on 13-2-2010 by mslag67]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Only 18 more posts to go, have a look in forums that interest you and im sure you will find some threads to post on, i took ages before i had twenty posts and to be honest i read more than i post but once you get started on a topic you will be surprised at how quick your post count goes up.
Welcome to ATS too.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello Stupid and welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You cannot just join and start posting because several try to come in here with their brainwashing articles using pixel location frequencys and screen rez techniques employeed by the NWO...after 20 posts, the ability is gone and your mind control tech no longer works.

Welcome to ATS. what size tin foil hat do you wear?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I'd star you for that if i could

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mslag! Maybe you'd like to take this opportunity to let us know the things that you're interested in on this site, and perhaps share a bit of yourself if you like.

Respond to me, and you're one post shorter toward starting your own thread

cheers

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You won't even believe how fast you can put up 20 posts.
Just jump an issue either in support or debunk. It's no biggy.

Or start a big arguement right here with me that you should be able to post.
Quite frankly I'm glad you can't

Glad you finally signed on.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just post a bunch in threads like this and talk to some people, and you'll be there in no time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Agreed, 20 posts is not that much and it allows you time to look aound first

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Everything! when i found you ATS i was so happy lol. From space to finances to health if i could make a suggestion, (i dont know if you have it already) but somewhere to post the good things that people are doing in the world to make it a more positive place? If Negativity is a lack of Positivity, then this site itself seems to be lacking positivity.

Everyone seems to be somewhat positive but their discussion is mostly with negative subjects! When the rare Positive Thread is posted i see everyone with grace and love! WE NEED A PEACE THREAD ( I'm sure someone can come up with a better title then that
)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
it should be noted that, in the event of a story that truly cannot wait, you can contact the staff via complaints/suggestions or u2u, and give some details into the thread you would like to start.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skidmark421
Just post a bunch in threads like this and talk to some people, and you'll be there in no time.

No. Do not do this. They will be considered Off Topic and actioned. And if it continues you will be subject to a post ban.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

It is actually incredibly easy to reach 20 post in a short amount of time. This site offers so much, that it would be impossible to not find 20 posts to contribute to.

Mod Note: Starting An Introduction Thread – Please Review This Link.

[edit on February 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can see where Mmmk is coming from. Think perspective wise, for example, any new member is going to want to be heard (if your that kind of person), and, any new member is going to stray from posting (if your that kind of person). Fact is , you cannot please everyone. I don't take sides, but I will offer my opinion. The 20 Post limit does seem excessive upon first glance, but it does create a "safegaurd" against people who only come to sites like these to "rage". It just doesn't seem practical for the average person to take the time to create 20 posts, just to accompish some raging. With that said, "shreggins" or "shananagins" can be avoided.

Interested to hear more opinions.

Inertia

new topics

top topics

join