It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DrillGate - Obama Dragging His Feet - Offshore Drilling!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For you americans who dont understand this policy..we just have one question
..would you rather invade and crush an 3´rd country to get your precious oil ??

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxthehoffxX
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Rubbish it does not take more oil than you recover i work in the offshore oil and gas industry (subsea well heads and completions). The last project that i worked on was 6 wells and with only one well producing the entire project was paid off in 3 months then everything produced then on is profit not taking in account any workovers or any other maintenance issues.The project afore mentioned is small some projects can be over 100 wells massive money to be made for a long time yet.And as far as I am aware the offshore drilling industry in the usa is massive (gulf of mexico)in fact one of the deepest water projects has recently been carried out there

You're wasting your time. He doesn't want to hear the truth.
The truth gets in his way.
His thinking is a recipe for paralysis.
At least you and I got it right.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Notably, in 2005, a year after the Bush-Cheney Administration de facto deposed the democratically elected President of Haiti, Jean-Baptiste Aristide, a team of geologists from the Institute for Geophysics at the University of Texas began an ambitious and thorough two-phase mapping of all geological data of the Caribbean Basins. The project is due to be completed in 2011. Directed by Dr. Paul Mann, it is called “Caribbean Basins, Tectonics and Hydrocarbons.” It is all about determining as precisely as possible the relation between tectonic plates in the Caribbean and the potential for hydrocarbons—oil and gas. Notably, the sponsors of the multi-million dollar research project under Mann are the world’s largest oil companies, including Chevron, ExxonMobil, the Anglo-Dutch Shell and BHP Billiton.

It seems that the US government or whoever is pulling its strings, is more interested in fire some EMPs in busted nations, provoking HAARP made quakes, where they found oil and mineral resources, than drill in its own country...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

We may get movement from Team Obama.
Sarah Palin is holding their feet to the fire.
Drill now! Lets go get it now!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Sarah Palin is holding their feet to the fire.

Maybe she is looking where others write their notes on.

O wait.

That's only what brain cramps do!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

At least Sarah knows how to say "navy corpsman" without looking
like a college dropout.

Obama said it 3 times!
You're making it too easy for us Sean.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We don't need to start offshore drilling. It won't be cost efficient, and as several have pointed out, it is a temporary fix to a huge problem that is going to come crashing down on top of us much sooner than we think.

The American people have seen first hand the corruption that occupancies oil. Bloody regimes have their foundations built in oil, US soldiers die or oil, the environment is damaged via drilling... the list goes on.

What we should be doing is investing money in researching oil alternatives.

Of course, are the elite, drunk on their oil, actually going to allow that to happen? No, and that is the reason people like you cling desperately to your television screens, salivating at the words of a messianic figure who is really just another form of control with a prettier face and faux-relatable atttitude.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Well, that is where the oil is.
There is a lot of oil in the Gulf of Mexico.
We need to go get it. Why drag our feet???
Jobs - Jobs - Jobs!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well, that is where the oil is.
There is a lot of oil in the Gulf of Mexico.
We need to go it. Why drag our feet???
Jobs - Jobs - Jobs!

And what about when the oil is gone?

We need a healthier and more sustainable fuel source. The human race isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but oil isn't infinite. Allowing Big Oil into the Gulf of Mexico is going to open the floodgates: in addition to American ventures, BP has professed an interest in the gulf as well as China and other large countries. The gulf will become rapidly crowded as more and more offshore drilling rigs are put up and ocean traffic will increase. The gulf is not clean by any means, but have you looked at the environmental impacts that are caused by offshore drilling?

Here is a chart (source: NASA.gov: Oil Pollution) showing how much oil ends up in the ocean each year:

I know "15" doesn't seem like a lot, but that is 15 million gallons. That number is going to increase exponentially if offshore drilling is allowed in the Gulf. The small coastal towns along the gulf rely on those waters to sustain themselves. I should know, I used to live in one. We can't let the inevitable pollution ruin an ecosystem that an huge swath of American and South American economies are built upon.

Another interesting source: Oil Pollution of the Sea

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well, that is where the oil is. There is a lot of oil in the Gulf of Mexico. We need to go it. Why drag our feet??? Jobs - Jobs - Jobs!

WATCH OUT MEXICAN PEOPLE, someone is having ideas to point out HAARP right on your country...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Doesn't matter...

If Obama tried to pass a bill to offshore drilling, republican senators would simply fillibuster it.

Please give us your source for this "fact".

Everything I've ever read shows that liberal environmentalists and congressmen were/are the ones opposing off shore drilling - or any drilling in the U.S. for that matter.

Republicans have been advocating using our own natural resources over buying someone else's for just about ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
The GOP is FOR offshore drilling.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is no need to drill offshore, there is no need for the department of energy. oh, in mid 70's a new department was created to lesson our dependance on foregin oil... 40 years later and 4trillion dollars, we have even a bigger dependance on Arab Oil...
and if or when we need oil, well now ~ looky what above top secret knows about Gull Island, AK and a nother one as big or bigger has since been found. so, we can tap into atleast 150years of esculating use of oil. in laymans terms - its brent and woods, we exchange oil in dollars and we must produce a market for oil to keep the economic engines of the world running ... Iraq upset that apple cart, we got through to Kadafe when we took out his defenses and infrastructure in a few hours, he agrees with us now. but what in heck is going on with IRAN... I thought that was a CIA job they did in 53... and 79... we vanashed... I dont buy it - but you never know. jackels dont run in packs - nor can you find or see them. and we left ... no things would have gotten out of control along time ago if these two were not talking... so this is a planned show me thinks... but then again were on a conspiracy site and MSM calls us nutz... mind control such a wonderful thing unless you are on the receiving end.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

When the oil is gone we cross that bridge when we get to it.
In the mean time we need gas, heating oil and jobs NOW!
We need to move forward now.
--------------------------------------
We can work on alternative energy along the way.
Lets do both.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

When the oil is gone we cross that bridge when we get to it.
In the mean time we need gas, heating oil and jobs NOW!
We need to move forward now.
--------------------------------------
We can work on alternative energy along the way.
Lets do both.

Yes, and don't understand why some (dems) can't see that using that oil we have here in the U.S. also gives us the time to develop those alternate energy sources we ALL would like to see.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

exactly my friend the future is electric no doubt about that we have no choice the oil will run out but it is the fuel of choice just now and probably for the next 20 30 years so grab the cash while you can

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I think the problem is that the oil rigs are not very pretty.
They love the beautiful view of the ocean.
--------------------------------------------------
As far as the oil in the Gulf of Mexico, if we don't go after it other
nations will.
We can do it safer. The USA has the best technology on Earth.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I think the problem is that the oil rigs are not very pretty.
They love the beautiful view of the ocean.

Makes sense when you consider that libs tend to feel instead of think their way through the issues - they tend to answer questions with "I feel ..." instead of "I think ...".

Oil rigs aren't pretty and thus don't feel good to the libs - no matter how much logical sense having them might make.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes, and don't understand why some (dems) can't see that using that oil we have here in the U.S.

And this is what you folks refuse to understand. Any oil reserves or whats left here is a joke, I mean really now. The US alone consumes nearly 25% of the entire worlds oil production and at the moment with the population growth and limiting oil resources, we dont have a sustainable future to remain on this fuel source. What do you think spending all that money to open up what, 2% of the entire worlds oil reserves is going to make a difference? Im pritty darn sure the oil corporations would want you to believe that for they are scrambling for every last dime and mile of oil land before its done. I mean how ignorant can you be? Who on earth told you these reserves are ganna be sustainable long term??

Considering that half the wars over the decades have involved resources and oil, one would recognize that part of the issue facing our country today is this addiction, dependence to one fuel source. Sooner or later the necessity for an alternative will come around, and nobody can change that. What better way than to find a way to cut loose, cut our dependence on foreign nations, cut our military involved around the world, saving us money, bringing down debt, making our country less dependable on the middle east. I mean why can you not understand this?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes, and don't understand why some (dems) can't see that using that oil we have here in the U.S.

And this is what you folks refuse to understand. Any oil reserves or whats left here is a joke, I mean really now.

There are other sources that say that's not true. We only have to allow ourselves to tap our own resources.

Considering that half the wars over the decades have involved resources and oil, one would recognize that part of the issue facing our country today is this addiction, dependence to one fuel source.

And so what part of if we used our own oil it would take away the need for foreign wars and being "addicts" to foreign oil does not make sense to you? That makes the people responsible for us being in all those "resource wars" environmentalists such as yourself.

I mean why can you not understand this?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

Indeed. Why can't you?

[edit on 2/10/2010 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join