It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Notice this on the Fox News Website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Look to the right of the logo. Whats added on is the words "fair and balanced". Anyone notice this?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Uhm, and your point is? (Apart from the fact that Eric Arthur Blair is rolling in his grave?)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin
reply to post by Phlynx

Uhm, and your point is? (Apart from the fact that Eric Arthur Blair is rolling in his grave?)

My point is that they aren't fair and balanced, and Obama was telling them they need to be more balanced. These where also near the words Palin once used in an interview for Fox. She commented about Fox's "fair and balanced news".

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"Fair and Balanced" has been Fox News motto for many years. Too bad it's a blatant lie.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

"Fair and Balanced" is Fox's slogan. They even tried to sue Al Franken for using the words in the title of his book, "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them: a fair and balanced look at the right"

Here is just a random news article I Googled up for you about it. Sorry, I can't vouch for the quality of the article as I didn't read it.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yup, that's been there for quite some time, perhaps not on the website directly, but then again I try to stay far away from Fox, save a few moments of entertainment and ridicule.

I find it really funny that they have the perverbial balls to call themselves fair and balanced when most if not all of their anchors are registered republicans.

Much like MSNBC are Democrats and CNN somewhat falls in the middle yet is the worse of them all.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
no one has commented on the breaking news yet?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Edit: NVM by bad...

~keeper

[edit on 2/7/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, let's take a look. It says FOXNEWS: Fair And Balanced.
OK,
Nothing new here.
Perhaps someone ran out of Aluminum foil

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

A bad attempt at trying to bash Fox News in order to gain stars and flags.

My work schedule keeps me from watching very much television. Mostly I record what I watch (lost, 24, kitchen nightmares, fringe and heroes) so that I can view them during the weekend. News is not on my list of recorded television.

However, they are number one for a reason and your attempts at bashing them does nothing but inflate your egos. Since you can't do any harm in doing that all I can say is, inflate away.

I only wish I could be around when all your giant egos burst.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berserker01
reply to post by Phlynx

A bad attempt at trying to bash Fox News in order to gain stars and flags.

My work schedule keeps me from watching very much television. Mostly I record what I watch (lost, 24, kitchen nightmares, fringe and heroes) so that I can view them during the weekend. News is not on my list of recorded television.

However, they are number one for a reason and your attempts at bashing them does nothing but inflate your egos. Since you can't do any harm in doing that all I can say is, inflate away.

I only wish I could be around when all your giant egos burst.

Honestly, I never knew that was there slogan thingy. This is the first time I saw it on there website. I couldn't really care about stars or flags. It's a websites, where the stars and flags are pixels on a screen.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Fox News has the most resources, journalists, money and writers to cover the news and that's the only good thing I can say about them. Sometimes it's unavoidable that I have to rely on them for news, but they are so partisan and biased I cannot stand contributing to their success...the fact is they have the resources to dominate news delivery here in the USA and that's a scary thing. In general we have fewer and fewer news sources every year and less and less real journalism and reporting. Most of it is opinionating.

They are my last resource when looking for real news. I'd rather get US news from BBC though limited, at least it's not as biased. Christian Science Monitor is also very, very good especially for international news. I try to rotate my US news sources a lot so that I can glean for myself the bigger picture and find a balanced picture of what is going on. I dare say that's the only way any of us are going to get a balanced view of what's going on. It takes a lot of work and reading to stay informed.

Don't just take it from one or two opinionators like Maddow, Beck, Limbaugh, Olbermann or any of them. There are no heroes there...stay away from that.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
:::::Loudest farting noise ever::::

Thanks for the Intel.

new topics

top topics

join