It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers and Tiaras - Sick sick sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Toddlers

a.abcnews.com

Are contestants in "Toddlers and Tiaras" too young for a healthy competition?

More PhotosThe little girls are show stoppers on "Toddlers & Tiaras," which has its second-season premiere Wednesday on TLC. This time the show follows the Universal Royalty pageant, a Texas competition in which nearly 100 young participants compete for the title of "Ultimate Grand Supreme" and $1,000 cash.

One of the contenders is 4-year-old Eden Wood, who's wearing a Las Vegas showgirl outfit in the first episode.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
video.tiscali.it
a.abcnews.com

[edit on 7-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
To see a beautiful little toddler girl made up to look like a 20 something year old Las Vegas Show Girl.

It's like drawing a mustach on the Mona Lisa. Taking something that is inherently beautiful and perverting it.

The mothers of these little girls should be hung, drawn and quartered.

The video link below are really scary to see their sweet little faces painted up and wearing suggestive outfits.

Got to wonder about these type of people.

a.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This whoole pagents industry is just sick and wrong in my opinion. Who takes care of the issues these girls will have later in life? I think it's parental abuse and should be stopped.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, as sick as you make this out, I am surprised you did not catch what I am sure in your mind will be the sickest fact about this poor little child of all: her name, Eden Wood. Eating Wood (as in morning, perhaps)? And yes, her parents should be drawn and quartered for that fact alone!!

However, this is one of my favorite shows on TV. As a female who loves make up and dressing up, (with some look at me thrown in there too), this show is a fabulous hoot. Of course the fact I did a few pageants might have something to do with this too.

I think the best part of the show is the fat moms who do the routine as the child tries to get her strut on up there on stage.

I also feel if you watch this show (you in general) and are sickened by it, don't tune in to Little Miss Perfect on WE channel, but do change the channel!

And I don't care what a little girl wears if anyone looks at her and sees a sexual object or being, you just found the pervert in the room.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nothing like watching an ugly mom, a mom who couldn't succeed herself, or a mom who wants to relive her glory years, live through their daughter by parading them around for others to see. Its sad...and then they say "oh she loves it"....well no s--- sherlock, when you raise a child to believe she should love something, force it onto her so as she grows its the only thing she knows, of course she will THINK she enjoys it....

stupid shows and pathetic parents....gotta love the world we live in and profit from.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I'm sorry but watching that video makes me feel ill ... the parents of those children should be locked up ... it's disgusting.

However, I don't know if I see the same problem for the child mentioned in your other thread ... that little girl has won her place to lead the carnival because of her dancing abilities ... I think she will thoroughly enjoy the occasion and have a great story to tell her grandchildren.

You must remember that the Samba is by it's very nature Latin American ... and therefore comes under the heading of culture.

Whereas, the children in the pagent video are basically being pimped by the very people who should be protecting them (their parents) ... wrong on every level ... paedophiles dream and should be illegal.

Woody

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Folks, everything on TV is sick now-a-days.

Lets face it, every TV show is based on "reality" of people across the World.

So, what's that tell you? Humans are ignorant, rich, obnoxious people, who want nothing more than to objectify their children, become a famous singer, find ghosts, sleep with a rockstar, or live in a house with 6 other people and call it the "Real World".
All in the name of MONEY.

Yes, this is a terrible thing to do to our children...can we stop it? No.
Unless you stop watching TV, you would've never known about it.
Unless you stop watching TV, these people still get paid to make these pageants look "cool".

So, who's to blame...US or THEM. :shk:

Think about that one for a minute.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by havok]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Two sad things about it:

Some of the girls don't want to do it. Only their mothers do. One thing if the girl is pretending to dress up like barbie. Quite another when they just want to be children and their parents force them into it.

Secondly, they made a show about it. So how many parents now are dragging their kids into it for attention?

I think it is quite disgusting. How the mind learns is developed from birth to five. So instead of engaging in free play or interactive play and setting the pathways for how the child is going to learn,they spend hours having their hair done, getting tans, and going from show to show.
And what have they learned?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Simple....Make up is for Women... Designed for the skin of women, Not little girls...
Little girls sure they can dress up! then can borrow Mommy's lipstick and walk around the house in Mommy's high heels shoes.
But allow them to do that at home, after play you can wash it right of there face,

Not getting Little children up at 5am just so there hair is done.... Children need there sleep they actually need it to grow.

Instead of being on TV they should be watching it! or shock horror! Be out playing with there friends on the swings outside,

Maybe the moms could spend some of the dress money on taking there kids to a theme park

Rant over ...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You appear to defend trotting out little girls painted up as whores.
What if the show was "Little Boys In Speedos".

A society that sexualizes their children and then condemns people for looking is a very sick society. Or is it OK to look at them sexually and only be punished if you touch ?

Sad, but the more I view humanity, the more I despise our species.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oh man, this makes me sick. Of course little girls love dressing up and they should...as play! But with this huge focus on looks and competition at such an early age, that's bound to mess them up later in life. As a teenage girl, I know how hard it is to have a good body image as it is. I can't imagine what it would be like having to worry about winning a beauty pageant to please mommy at age 4. And some of those outfits look like they were designed by pedos.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join