It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using music to send the message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't know where else I would post this, other than it has some messages that have to do with the Alien/UFO Conspiracy, etc, etc.

Well, I had been working on some music lately with a friend, and since we had found interest in music and the ufo/alien conspiracy subject, I thought to mix it up in with music. Since I am beginning to create this music hobby of mine. Sadly, I have no instrument, but only my pc to generate synths. Right now I am studying on the "Theory of Music" and hopefully get lessons for the Keyboard (Music Keyboard).

The current program that I am using, it's extremely hard to get the mastering done, so some might be crackly, but still great!

www.icompositions.com...

www.icompositions.com...

www.icompositions.com...

Practice Track

www.icompositions.com...

If this thread is in the wrong place, just move it.

I have another track that I have finished, but not uploaded yet, but if you like it, I would be more than likely to link you to it

I notice some of the plays went up on my page. If you would, please comment. I encourage you to. Just nothing "Negative".

***UPDATE NEW TRACK
www.icompositions.com...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by QuantumDeath]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

I like it... very nice...

If your talking about the static in the first track.. i think it fits well IMO. kinda of reminds me of War Of The Worlds.. which was epic BTW

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by carbonblack

Great! I'll update the this thread whenever I get a new one up. I still have one that I have not uploaded though, but it's one of my better ones.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

i love this sort of music.. great for relaxation...

though its hard to find out there

keep up the good work buddy

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Tracks 3 & 4 - The Human Threat and Universal Peace does not seem to be available, so I can't comment on those.

Track 1 - Beyond Earth: Nice little 2:00 piece. Sounds like an intro or the beginning of an unfinished song. It sounds like your levelsare too high and it's causing some clipping, or peaking it's range, however you want to look at it. You might try to adjust your levels a bit on the ambient sounds, because they seem to be the ones peaking. All in All .. Good composition. B

Track 2 - They Do Exist: Strong number at 5:25. I agree with Carbon, it does remind of you WOTW's a little. Much like the above track, your levels need to be tweaked a little. There are some parts were the background narration is drowned out and hard to understand. Also, your underlying kick feels a bit too fast to match the rest of the piece. It sounds like the overall tempo is 4:4 but you're beat sounds like 120bpm. It doesn't make it sound terrible, but it I think it would give it a better depth and natural tone if you were to slow the beat down. Also, it seems to get muffled out by the high levels of your ambients. You might want to try to bring it up a bit, possibly with a lower tone. All in All .. Good Composition. B-

I'd like to check out more of your work if you get some posted up.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Yeah, FL Studio 9 is crappy when coming to Mastering something. I did have Adobe Audition 3.0 but I couldn't get the key to working on that so my 30day trial ended. I'll have to get some other programs and learn about the mastering on there. I might have to redo some of the tracks though, whenever I get the time.

I just have to study on my stuff, you know. Just remembering how the sounds rhym isn't really enough. Being trained, you know a lot more than being self taught.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Fruity Loops is a great tool. I've tried quite a few different ones over the years, but I always liked FL the best. I used to run my own multi-media design company and I used FL for the majority of my projects. Anything from simple navigation chimes up to a full musical score and voice over I done for a game.

Keep working on it brother. You'll only get better as you go.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Interesting music. My favorite is "Universal Peace". Did you use the Angelina VST instrument in there?

I have an interest in music and UFO stuff too.

Here's a song I composed for the "cause". It's called "Come":

www.youtube.com...

Feedback welcome.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
there's a place for this kind of thread here

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
FL is great, I use it on a daily basis since 8 years, powerful program if you figured how to get the best out of it, but it takes time...

I like your tracks, very calming. Keep up the good work!
Take a look at VSTclub.com, they offer free vst downloads and review some of them, you might find better production tools there, whatever suits your needs. VSTclub got me hooked on the EAST/WEST Quantum Leap series, some here might know it

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
New track out

Thanks to Nykkita for the help and staying with me throughout this!

Human Scourge

www.icompositions.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Good stuff.

I'll have to get some other programs and learn about the mastering on there.

Try T-RackS 3. It has pretty much everything you need in one package, and is a great mastering tool to learn on.

Best advice on the subject I have:

When you're setting the levels for your tracks in the final mix, leave plenty of headroom for the mastering process. If, when you're mastering the track, every peak is hitting 0, you're not doing it right.

TA

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
New Track

ALiEN_AGENDA: Here to stop us

www.icompositions.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Nice 'n spooky...

Reminds me of Juno Reactor.

Good stuff, man.

TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Abduction
(Collab by Nykkita & Myself)

www.icompositions.com...

Track based upon those that have had horrifying abduction experiences throughout childhood to adult; however, I do not support those whom produce false stories.

Download is available for the track

Enjoy.
edit on 23-10-2010 by QuantumDeath because: Additional Information.

new topics

top topics

join