It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge My View on Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
For the sake of developing spiritual wisdom, I ask you to read my views on reality and the universe. If you find something that does "ring" within you, please reply with your reason why and your alternative. (I think the sky is blue but you think its dark blue for example)

Thought, words, and actions create reality. The saying of "I love you" radiates the same effect if you were to write it down on a piece of paper. Think of Masaru Emoto's work on water.

We are all connected, one.

There is no such thing as good and bad. Everything is relative. Anything can be both good and bad.

The life we are currently experiencing is simply an illusion created by us.

Because we are all one, we must treat others as we would ourselves.

Karma takes a primary role in our life. But like I said before, its not just what we do. what we read, write, and say can cause karmic effects.

Listening to music changes you in accordance to what you listen to.

The above is not truth. I say what I say based on experience.

Those are just some points for now. If you would like for me to elaborate please ask. If you want my opinion on something, I will be more than glad to give it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I do not see any point in challenging your view of reality.

I am still gripping with my own challenges to my own view of reality.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I, also, cannot challenge your view of reality because it is what I do believe. However, to play Devil's Advocate, let me throw a few ideas your way.

Thought, words, and action were defined by God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without the Lord, we would not contain emotions or even exist.

We are each unique snowflakes. God created us individually to explore the world in which He created. Adam & Eve were two of His first experiments. Dinosaurs were put here by Satan to fool is into not believing the Lord's Word.

There is good an evil. God is good, and Satan is evil. God created Satan to counter true love.

The universe was created by the Lord. It is here for us to explore and conquer. There are no such things as aliens, but there are lifeforms that we are meant to destroy with nuclear weapons, and George Bush's grandson as our President.

God did not intend us to treat others as equals. Christians are supreme in every right, because Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Anyone who doesn't believe this will burn in a fiery abyss for the rest of eternity.

Karma is a foolish concept invented by Satanic religions. There is no karma. As long as we serve God and His Son, Jesus Christ, we may ascend into clouds that are just beyond our atmosphere.

While music is an art-form that is definitely powerful, as long as the music supports the true Word of God and his Son, Jesus Christ, it can change us to be all powerful and all knowing.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by DocEmrick]

[edit on 5-2-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thought, words, and action were defined by God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without the Lord, we would not contain emotions or even exist.

I must agree that "God" gives definition to words, actions and thoughts. I also agree that without "God" we would not exist and our emotions would be nonexistant. However, it is obvious that our definition of God conflicts. Jesus Christ was a great man, but to say that he is the only son of God is silly.

We are each unique snowflakes. God created us individually to explore the world in which He created. Adam & Eve were two of His first experiments. Dinosaurs were put here by Satan to fool is into not believing the Lord's Word.

Unique and God's creation we are. Again, conflict in definition though. The existence of Dinosaurs or inevitable proof of evolution is a topic of irrelevance. So what if Satan (real or not) put em here? Now what?

There is good and evil. God is good, and Satan is evil. God created Satan to counter true love.

A Christian thinks God is good. A Satanists thinks Satan is good. All perspective.

The universe was created by the Lord. It is here for us to explore and conquer. There are no such things as aliens, but there are lifeforms that we are meant to destroy with nuclear weapons, and George Bush's grandson as our President.

Define "Lord". Would the existence of aliens be relevant to our spirituality?

God did not intend us to treat others as equals. Christians are supreme in every right, because Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Anyone who doesn't believe this will burn in a fiery abyss for the rest of eternity.

Correct me if I am wrong, did not Jesus say to treat everyone like yourself regardless of religion?

Karma is a foolish concept invented by Satanic religions. There is no karma.

Karma is most certainly real. We are magnets attracting what we are surrounded by. If not in this life, then the next.

While music is an art-form that is definitely powerful, as long as the music supports the true Word of God and his Son, Jesus Christ, it can change us to be all powerful and all knowing.

What is the word of God?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

I only differ from your viepoints on one issue.

The life we are currently experiencing is just an illusion in mind, heart and spirit. I can think and feel like I want to kill someome and whether I do it or not is up to me. The illusion stops when I act upon it. Killing someone is not an illusion because it has a direct affect on people, places and things that I know nothing about. If all of life was just an illusion, karma wouldn't exist IMO.

To say that life is just an illusion is to deny my own existance. Granted, there are a great many things we do in life that can be construed as illusionary, like our monetary sysem for example, but the earth that we live on was here before I got here and will be here after I leave. And since I live the whole of my physical life here, my physical existance is not an illusion to me. It's temporary, true, but it's real.

Excellent topic though. I enjoy posts like this.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Good. Now I have material to fire back at crazy Christians with! Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Religion is for those who don't want to go to hell.

Spirituality is for those who've been there.

If you want to preach, go to church, that's what it's there for.

You're not going to win any converts here We are , by and large, more advanced than your viewpoint.

[ I'm sorry, did I say advanced? I meant to say satanistic
]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius
For the sake of developing spiritual wisdom, I ask you to read my views on reality and the universe. If you find something that does "ring" within you, please reply with your reason why and your alternative. (I think the sky is blue but you think its dark blue for example)

Sure, here are some challenges.

Thought, words, and actions create reality. The saying of "I love you" radiates the same effect if you were to write it down on a piece of paper. Think of Masaru Emoto's work on water.

It is true that thoughts, words and actions create our psychological reality, but to say they create physical reality too is pushing it. That is because a physical reality exists before we learn any language or even before we are actors in the world. This universe has existed long before humans came into being. In other words we did not create it with our thoughts, words or action. Rather we merely gave labels to what already existed.

Ultimately, it is true that we are all made of the same substance, so in essence we are one. However, in experience, we are subjective entities experiencing our reality through our window. In that sense we are all very separate as well.

There is no such thing as good and bad. Everything is relative. Anything can be both good and bad.

It is true that good and bad is very relative, but this does not mean it is absolutely relative to the point where good and bad is completely arbitrary. If you set a standard of what is good and bad, then things can indeed be good and bad. For example it is bad for ones physical health to injest a fatal poison. When can that be good? You will struggle to maintain absolute relativity now.

It is true psychologically that our life is constructed by our own abstractions, but it is not true that physical reality is created by our abstractions. This physical reality existed long before us humans were on the scene.

This is only possible if everybody behaved the same. In reality, nobody behaves the same and therefore everybody has to be treated as per their behaviour. Surely you would not treat a holy saint in the same way you would treat a serial killer.

Karma takes a primary role in our life. But like I said before, its not just what we do. what we read, write, and say can cause karmic effects.

It is true the law of cause and effect is absolutely fundamental to the world, but cause and effect only applies to temporal things, not atemporal things i.e., outside of space and time. That is free.

It is true that listening to music will affect you. Listening to bach as compared to listening to Britney spears will certainly elicit different responses in different people. However, the extent of the effect on you is based on how much you are attached to the effects. If you are detached you can listen to the most coarse of music and still be able to maintain calm.

The above is not truth. I say what I say based on experience.

Well, technically everything we say is based on experience. We cannot say anything that is not based on experience. Even our speculations are derived from experience. So experience is the first principle on which all philosophy begins.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We are both on the same wavelength, this is my view on reality as well.

Karma is a bit vague, there are different ways of interpreting it and what effect it has on our lives. It is essentially the way in which we create the illusions of our life. If we live and think consciously, we break free of karmic influences.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Somebody walks up to you on the street. They stick a gun in your face. They order you to give them your keys and wallet. They order you to walk to your car.

Are you "one" with this person? How would you respond behaviorally?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Somebody walks up to you on the street. They stick a gun in your face. They order you to give them your keys and wallet. They order you to walk to your car.

Are you "one" with this person? How would you respond behaviorally?

Yes, I am one with the people who hurts me. As we exist here we forget that connection, we all have our own experiences throughout life that shape the illusion we have of ourselves and we react to the events that come from the decisions we made previously. So that is how two of the same things end up in different places, different situation.

I will add this on to further answer your question. I would react the same as if I didn't know this truth. Not because I have little faith in my beliefs but because we live in a world designed to handle both extreme ends of all spectrums and you can't have one end(+) without the other(-) or neither would exist because they are only merely reacting with each other in a constant battle.

So I understand that everything is necessary and there is no real negative or real positive, but just is, for the sake of existence.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Whether we are atheist or Jewish or Hindu or Shinto, we are the commanders of our own life because the gods/metaphysical principle has gifted us with the ability to do as we see fit. Much as we have many thought-impulses, and select some for thoughts, and some thoughts as realistic or reflecting the will of these gods/metaphysical principles, we as humans have many actions and a few as realistic are selected by nature. If we anticipate which of those actions will be most successful according to an accurate inner-world image of the outer world, we as a group become more successful. This is the science of leadership.

No matter what gods or metaphysical principles to which we subscribe, it is clear that we are in the driver's seat. We determine our own fate. Both collectively and individually, the actions we choose that are adapted to our outer world (realistic) bring us degrees of success, and those that are poorly adapted (denial/illusion) bring us degrees of failure. If we love life, we tend toward more realistic responses because we wish to enhance life.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You're almost there. Thoughts, words, actions are the only reality. Physical existence boils down to information and activity, and that's all there is. Activity is immeasurably finite, and information - once brought into existence - is eternal, which is not to say that it always existed. The corporeal is a symbiosis of information and activity, and the reason for all that exists is - in the end - perspective. Perspective that is a hybrid of information and activity, though. Dynamic perspective.

Again, almost. We are all products of the same originating causal/informational continuum, but we are independent and unique due to the gathered context that identifies us from one another. Context is the critical differentiator, and no two wholes can ever be alike due to the natural development of identity context. That said, we are like blades of grass in a lawn. Which blade is more or less than any other? Which blade is indispensible? The answer is obvious. But all blades come together to make the lawn lush and green.

There is the male and the female - the expression and the introspection. There is the taking and the giving, and selfness and Love. Existence is weighted in terms of reject and accept, the male vs the female activities. The male pushes out, expresses, imposes, and the female accepts within, learns, accommodates. Evil exhales. Love inhales.

The life you are living is the creation of you. Literally. You are generating yourself as a fully dynamic intellect. Active, conscious information, and as information, you are eternal once you've dumped the corporeal placenta.

Evil (competition, self-sustenance, and raw survival) is the sea that we live in. Without that primal identity, our corporeal forms could never exist. Love is the open sky that we catch a glimpse of when (if) we swim hard enough to leap out of this sea for a moment, before splashing back in again. Treating each other well is symbiosis. This is the best strategy for long term survival.

Karma is a gun we put into our own mouths when we feel that we deserve it. There are those who are immune to Karma, and that is because they honestly lack the visceral humanity required to achieve such self regulation. A true sociopath only faces Karma in the movies.

Sure, why not.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I would have been happy to challenge your view, but couldn't find anything I could argue with. Sorry.

All I can say is we don't really know anything.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You have...interesting views of reality, but I cannot disagree with them.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

We are all one. That one is Unity and that Unity is Infinity.

Find the love in the present moment, in every moment.

There is not good or bad, there only is that which teaches you that which you are and are not. Understand this. Learn to forgive and love other selves for they are yourself.

Find out what you are, where you are, and why you came here. Then live according to the answers you find out.

Love my brothers and sisters, love is all you need.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Firstly, potential misconceptions such as a supreme deity, that exist separate of self seeking worship needs to cease. This is a primitive mindset. The true nature of the creator is purely objective and exist as "All That There Is" or omnipresent. All that there is unbound by left wing or right wing concepts such as male/female, right/wrong, and other contradicting dichotomies, it's simply is. The true nature of the creator doesn't show human tendencies such as favoritism or a asset akin to nepotism, the creator simply exist.

If the Creator is "All That There Is" Then phrases such as "We would not contain emotions or even exist" is an erroneous phrase because you always exist as the one infinite creator, and emotions always had a potentiality within the one infinite creator.

Earth was a indirect creation rather than a direct creation. The direct creation was the universe and the natural laws contained within it. Earth was of consequent of the initial creation of the universe and it's natural laws.

Additionally, lol at adam and eve. To think humans was the first creation of living beings on earth, instead of primitive life forms is quite erroneous conception to have. It's quite laughable.

There is good an evil. God is good, and Satan is evil. God created Satan to counter true love.

Good and Evil are constructs created by us lower awareness entities.

The universe was created by the Lord. It is here for us to explore and conquer. There are no such things as aliens, but there are lifeforms that we are meant to destroy with nuclear weapons, and George Bush's grandson as our President

The term "Lord" lead to misleading implications.

God is immature.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

This is the only thing that I can really say I disagree with. Actually,I think relativism is part of what is wrong with the world today. For example, you say that everything is relative. In other words you can get good or bad out of anything. Ok, tell me one good thing about something like this: Turkish girl is buried alive for talking to boys

Tell, me one good thing about that. Just one.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Overall i think you're heading in a pretty good direction.

Just need some fine tuning...

You wrote "There is no such thing as good and bad. Everything is relative.
Anything can be both good and bad."

This kind of thinking is a huge mistake when people mix ultimate and
relative reality. While the statements are true in ultimate reality. They
certainly do not apply on the relative level.

Karmically on the relative level actions produce happiness or suffering.
On the relative level it is bad to murder, steal, cause suffering, etc.
because as you say yourself there is karma
and karma exists on the relative level.

Therefore if you murder then it is bad because you've created a
negative karmic debt with that being
and will have to go through the karmic consequences of
suffering when being killed yourself.

On the relative level pain, fear, hate and misery these are not the
same as pleasure, joy and love. And unless you see them and experience
them with same taste equanimity your statement does not apply to
your own life. (There are super advanced yogis that have gone on
12 year meditation retreats and come out with the capacity for this
same taste equanimity but it is so rare that great yogis this developed
end up transforming themselves into rainbow light beings and totally
transcend the relative.)

The same is true of stealing-the karma will that you will attract thieves
and be stolen from. On the relative level if you don't pay your income
taxes that are reported to the IRS by your employer you are in for a
bad time. No fun.
To sum up awareness of results protects you on the relative level and
mixing relative and ultimate reality is a lack of clarity, compassion and wisdom.

On another point I think if you go a bit deeper you can combine 2 separate ideas that you wrote-the idea that thoughts, words and actions create reality and how listening to music changes you. I feel that all
sound and thoughts are resonance vibrations therefore reality is music.
That's why music makes us feel so good because it is the truth of reality
manifestation and words and thoughts are just music in slow motion.
However they are primordially pure resonance.

I hope you find this helpful.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
Karmically on the relative level actions produce happiness or suffering.
On the relative level it is bad to murder, steal, cause suffering, etc.
because as you say yourself there is karma
and karma exists on the relative level.

Karma is just the consequences for your actions. No more, no less.

Therefore if you murder then it is bad because you've created a
negative karmic debt with that being
and will have to go through the karmic consequences of
suffering when being killed yourself.

I agree you create "karmic debt" in a way, but this only manifests in those who choose to be effected by what you have done. Ie you kill someone, and the police are going to investigate it and very possibly come after you. And you possibly inflict emotional distress upon the loved ones of the one who was killed. Those are the consequences of your actions and that is karma.

The same is true of stealing-the karma will that you will attract thieves
and be stolen from.

I completely disagree with this. Just because you steal doesn't mean someone is going to steal from you. Plus people steal from others who have never stolen in their lives and they never receive compensation for it. And there are people who steal and kill who are never caught and get away with it. It just depends on how many clues you leave behind. There is nothing that binds crime to bad things happening back to the criminals except reactions they evoke out of other beings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join