It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats... You just been I-denti-Fied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I sat down this morning and clicked open my newspaper and had some coffee. On the front page was a story about a local dentist and a new invention he has and is currently getting patented and marketed. Quite frankly, it scares the hell out of me and should you too.

The product is called "I-Denti-Fied" and it's a small microchip dental implant that stores all your medical data in it. It can only be read by a gun that is sold only by his company. It's installed inside your of your teeth. It's painless and your body won't reject it.

While reading this I wasn't to worried, but as it went on it became apparent that this was real. Three local people here have already had it installed on them. From this point I will just post the link and let it speak for itself. Again, this is my local newspaper. Not a tabloid rag. This guy left a practice of 20 years to do this.

Get ready folks... it has started..

Link to article

[edit on 2-2-2010 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
First off, thank you for sharing. I find this very interesting.

I gotta be honest with you, I am not sure how to feel. One side of me is saying, "Sweet! New and revolutionary technology that can assist mankind," ... but then the otherside says, "Big Brother."

But then again, can't Big Brother already read my emails, view all websites I have visited, track me on my cellphone and/or vehicle [On-Star], listen to my phone calls, listen into my face-to-face conversations through my cell phone, review all my spending habits with my Ralphs/Albertson's/CVS'Best Buy Reward Cards, check all my credit card statements and habits, blah blah blah ...

All of a sudden, this chip isn't so special afterall, is it?

In truth, I do hope it has the possibility to save lives and locate the missing.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If the chip holds all of your medical data, how does it get updated after installation if say, for instance, you have a heart attack 3 weeks after it's installed? Do you have to go back to the dentist to be updated?

[edit on 2/2/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That's a good question. I don't think the info is actually stored on the chip it's self. Rather, a code number is. That code number is entered into a data base and that is where your records are stored.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazze
First off, thank you for sharing. I find this very interesting.

But then again, can't Big Brother already read my emails, view all websites I have visited, track me on my cellphone and/or vehicle [On-Star], listen to my phone calls, listen into my face-to-face conversations through my cell phone, review all my spending habits with my Ralphs/Albertson's/CVS'Best Buy Reward Cards, check all my credit card statements and habits, blah blah blah ...

All of a sudden, this chip isn't so special afterall, is it?

In truth, I do hope it has the possibility to save lives and locate the missing.

The chip is bad all the way around. Like the old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

My fear is that it starts with the best of intentions however it leads down a terrible slope. All the things you listed are true, it isn't as easy as it sounds. Having all your data on one little chip is a different story. The chip will be able to get to a point that you can be shut down on command.

I'm a simple man. I like dealing with cash. My cell phone is a random, pay as you go. My car is onstar free, no gps and I refuse to use those in store discount cards.

A friend of mine had a hysterectomy and stopped buying her monthly products. After 2 months of not buying any she began receiving diaper and baby food coupons in the mail... No thnks...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
After rereading that, I shouldn't say "bad all the way around". It has benefits if used properly, but I think it's Pandora's box.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Be sure to watch very close next time you have a root canal. Insert RFID GPS here.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I'm afraid of it becoming mandatory or so incentive filled that the people are going to rush out anddo it with out thinking. Oh, I've dreaded this day for a long time...

new topics

top topics

join