It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air passengers who refuse a full body scan to be barred from their flights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

That, is just, crazy. That is ridiculous in detail.. you can see everything.

We've sunken to a new low, ladies and gentlemen. It's going to get even uglier. As can be seen in this thread alone, people don't mind this stuff at all, and some even love it. Watch yourself, we're about to enter uncharted territory, the likes of which have never been seen.

You're going to be alienated by your friends and family, and it will be reinforced by the media. You think the "truthers" thing is bad? Wait until your friends start challenging your national integrity over stuff like this. Trust me, they won't mind either, they've been conditioned all their lives.

Stay strong.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So, these full body scanners find items that the current searches and detectors can anyway, but do not detect explosives. Begs the question, what are they for then, if they do not address the issue that is behind their deployment?

I am still not convinced of the safety of these devices for prolonged exposure and the effects on the human body. As such, being a regular traveler, I'll be making a lot more use of the company video conferencing suites and relying a lot more heavily on local vendors than ever before, rather than have to keep going through these devces myself.

Maybe that's the point though, to keep us all within our own borders more.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Put your hands up you criminals!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36e2b217d636.jpg[/atsimg]

So this is how the world works in 2010. Your all criminals and potential terrorist. What next, brain scans? Oh! Your having thoughts of what?

Orwell's dystopia is here.... they not only watch you, they see through you.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

YES!

Brain/mind/thought scans... brought to you be Israeli company WeCU (we see you)... it's already in process...

Airports Could Get Mind Reading Scanners

"The system ... projects images onto airport screens, such as symbols associated with a certain terrorist group or some other image only a would-be terrorist would recognize, company CEO Ehud Givon said.

"The logic is that people can't help reacting, even if only subtly, to familiar images that suddenly appear in unfamiliar places. If you strolled through an airport and saw a picture of your mother, Givon explained, you couldn't help but respond.

"The reaction could be a darting of the eyes, an increased heartbeat, a nervous twitch or faster breathing, he said. The WeCU system would use humans to do some of the observing but would rely mostly on hidden cameras or covert biometric sensors that can detect a slight rise in body temperature and heart rate," as reported in Raw Story.

How ya liking the brave new world?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and post the pictures directly, that were shown before.

This needs to be seen. I could care less if it violates forum policy, this is just one of those things that needs to be seen by everyone, just so they at least Know, how bad this is.

Edit: Apparently the first photos were a supposed hoax. My apologies.

However, here is a real demonstration of the body scanner:

Notice how they crop the bottom of the pictures? That's because it displays his penis. The only thing it's missing is color, and if it had color it would look nearly like a nude person standing in front of you.. which is basically what it is.

So, I ask again.. for those who openly support it, even on this "fringe" site..

You're comfortable with this? With your family, children, being seen like this, over and over? All because you want to feel safe and you want airports to be "faster"..?

Do you feel safe now? I hope you do.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

This needs to be seen. I could care less if it violates forum policy, this is just one of those things that needs to be seen by everyone, just so they at least Know, how bad this is.

Yes after inverting, it is the nude image of the person. WHile the airport authorities were saying that images are not stored, anyone who has access to these images can store them and then send them to anyone else, and then who knows everyone's nude photo might be on the internet.

And the bad part is that even children will have to be scanned, as the Heathrow officials said, so imagine that even kids's nude images on.......?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

These images (of the naked woman) are probable HOAXES and have been discussed on two other ATS threads, so far.

What Airport Scanners Really See

Do You Honestly Not Thinnk These Are Nude Photos

Site of Photo debunked

ETA: (of the naked woman) because the picture was changed - don't want to confuse anyone!

[edit on 1-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

even children will have to be scanned, as the Heathrow officials said, so imagine that even kids's nude images on.......?

Of course, they are the most cunning of terrorists.

The images won't be stored? With the cost of Terabyte drives these days?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks for the heads up.

The real images of body scanners aren't totally off the mark though. Just not as crystal clear.

Still displays the human anatomy quite defiantly.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

No problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think it is a necessary safety precaution! Its the people who are paranoid about their appearance who find it an issue.

Your only human at the end of the day and so are the people operating the machines, so just get on with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 
I think it is a necessary safety precaution! Its the people who are paranoid about their appearance who find it an issue.

Not true, for many people the issue is radiation, for example (but not limited to) pregnant women.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

If you don't understand that it's a much larger issue than simply "invasion of one's privacy", then you probably never will get it.

Just don't expect to have someone to help you cope once you finally understand what's going on, and why people are upset, once it's 100% worse. Because everybody will be silent, and people will not be talking about it anymore.. fruitless endeavors. Those who cared will be hidden, or gone, and those who shrugged it off will be left behind, bewildered, wondering what's happening and why.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky
I feel sorry for anyone that feels that their freedom is worth the price of a plane ticket or a few saved hours.

Hours? erm...no, weeks...you about to jump on a ship and cross a ocean? or start driving your car from London to italy? hmm...a couple weeks travel, or have someone take a look at my junk real quick with ten thousand others on a daily basis and get there in a few hours.

mhmm, if it is some ingenius plot to take over the world, I would certainly give them credit for such a tiny step in that direction...its soo small that I simply cannt even see the conspiracy.

step 1: get pics of their boobs
step 2: ?
step 3: WORLD DOMINATION!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

How many days do you think it would take for them to rethink this decision if everyone just stopped flying for a while?

I dont think the people really have a choice, because air travel has become so common these days.

There is always a choice

I've made mine ... No more flying for me. I refuse to be a 21st century branded sheep.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky
I feel sorry for anyone that feels that their freedom is worth the price of a plane ticket or a few saved hours.

Hours? erm...no, weeks...you about to jump on a ship and cross a ocean? or start driving your car from London to italy? hmm...a couple weeks travel, or have someone take a look at my junk real quick with ten thousand others on a daily basis and get there in a few hours.

mhmm, if it is some ingenius plot to take over the world, I would certainly give them credit for such a tiny step in that direction....its soo small that I simply cannt even see the conspiracy..

Well, see.. now there's your problem.

It's not a conspiracy, for one. It's a discussion, there are not any mysteries here.

Second... You're not getting the big picture here. Everyone always does this whenever something like this comes out.

"Big deal, it's one thing, so it kinda sucks but it's worth it."

Then the next security measure is setup, and people say the same thing.. over, and over, and over, over, over... ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

It has been what was said for the PATRIOT Act, for the wiretapping, for the hundreds of revisions of United States Law, etcetera, etcetera.

Do you see what I am getting at? Do you think they are going to stop here? Right, right.. I'm paranoid, because I don't have 20 years of current events to back me up on this or anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

These images are probable HOAXES and have been discussed on two other ATS threads, so far.

Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

Ok I wasn't aware that they gave of radiation...

Then I guess now I understand why It is causing so much controversy!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I understand the slippery slope of course, sure. I was disgusted with the patriot act pretty much immediately...still am and hopeing Obama wakes up and gets in line with his party. Hell, I was disgusted with the patriot act before it was cool to be disgusted with it :-P

This to me seems more like simply a advance in scanning technology...when going to these places, your already having your bags scanned, you walk through a metal detector/scanner, and at times you are personally searched, both bags and yourself...sometimes even brought to a backroom to strip down. This seems like it would decrease the number of times for the last bit there and speed things up. a upgrade in technology to speed things up and increase the accuracy of potential hazards.

anyhow, I am not worried about it...its not like I must fly on airplanes..and these airplanes are privately owned anyhow, so who am I to tell them how to run their business.

Alternatively, they can simply stop all forms of invasion and a simple disclamer that states "If we are hijacked, we will get shot down." and have that buyer beware atmosphere to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well when these start rolling out nationwide im simply not going to fly. Not flying to a sunny country every year doesn't bother me much in all honesty(not a big fan of them) and i don't need to for work. Sad thing is that i will probably get called a kook and weirdo for making such a decision. I won't be renewing my passport in 2012 either.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join