It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web bot's track record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What would be webbot's track record?

This is just for 2008-2010, I copied this from a website that came up when I searched webbot predictions.
Here's the list:

"2008 - In October, there'll be a major stock market
crash or a climate event that has a disastrous effect
on the economy.

2008 - There could be a major bank failure, possibly
involving a foreign bailout that is reneged upon.

2008 - 2 Earthquakes or Tsunami possible in
December.

The governments are quietly preparing for untold
future calamity while focusing media attention way
from earth's real problems to trivial aspects such as
politics and popular culture.

2009 - Well known people will start suddenly
disappearing without explanation.

2009 - Earthquakes may damage dams and/or much
unprecedented flooding may occur.

2009 - People in rural areas will begin arming
themselves heavily and hoarding weapons and
ammunition.

2009 - Spring or Summer - A "global coastal event"
or process (possibly a tidal change) will involve a
rise in sea levels that will knock out oil refineries and
severely hamper sea ports.

2009/10/25 : A big crisis is kicked off. It could be that
Israel bombs Iran, or that Swine Flu goes into a level
of extreme lethality. 10 days later, in relation to this
crisis, the Obama administration will be thrown into
chaos. When Israel bombs Iran, they'll use a nuclear-
tipped bunker buster that will hit something
unforeseen underground. As a result, a radioactive
cloud will form that will pollute and sicken Southeast
Asia. This will cause much of the world to turn
against Israel.

2010/??/?? : The "Death of the Dollar" will be a
continuing trend, with a hyper inflationary period and
banking crises/confidence losses that will begin in
August 2009.

2010/08/?? : In South America, they'll be large or
mass sightings of UFO-related phenomena. A video
crew will interview an escapee from an internment
facility. The young bald man will later be revealed to
be a "non-Terran" human.

Sustainable living will be the only way to survive the
upcoming economic change and food shortages."

I know some of these dates haven't been reached yet, but what has passed seems to be close to accurrate. I need someone to tell me, based on the dates that have already passed, about how accurate percentage- wise is it? They say for a human to be deemed psychic they must be at least 80 percent accurate, so I just was curious to see if anybody could give me the numbers to compare it. If it's at least 80 percent accurate, then something May just be coming in 2012.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

By tracking internet activity the Web Bot assumes that clairvoyance is equally distributed within the general population of web users.

There is a concentration of these skills, just like there is a concentration of wealth.

I would say that 2-3% of any general population controls about 50% of the accurate clairvoyance output of that specific population.

Also, something I have worked on personally, about 2-3% of the general population generates about 50% of the accurate material relating to telepathy.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

But what I wanted to know is in terms of from it's predictions, what percentage have come to be. I mean I already know what it's function is, but, was just wondering, of the stuff it has predicted is it correct 10 percent of the time or 30 percent or more???

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Thats essentially true.

Web bot is very much sunjective. The more users investigating certain topics, the more likely web bot assumes that that topic or event will occur. This is why it was an excellent stock market tool....more people looking at certain stocks and shares, gave people an idea of what stockls were going to have good futures.

As for the other stuff, its all subjectivity.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

A Web Bot is a tool to predict the future based on a certain number of hits for a particular topic. It's accuracy would correlate 1/1 with the accuracy of the population it samples.

There could be other types of bots, one's that are imbued with human type characteristics that were capable themselves of telepathy or clairvoyance.

This would seem to be reaching toward some type of "sympathetic magic", but legitimate testing could help understand the subject.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

2008 October: Looks like the stock market dropped quite a bit in october...
Dow Jones Industrial Average Chart

2008 : Bank Failure that obviously happened.

2008 : Looks like no major earthquakes in december
December 2008 Earthquake Summary
Not finding any news about a tsunami either
Tsuanmi December 2008 - Google News Search

2009 : I don't know about anybody disappearing.

2009: Earthquake that cause major tsunami and all major quakes of 2009
Magnitude 8.1 - Samoa Islands...
2009 Significant Earthquakes

2009 : There was a shortage of ammunition for a while because people were stockpiling
Gun shops report ammunition shortages

2009 : Cant find anything about any refineries shutting down.

Pretty Sure that last one didn't happen either...

In my opinion that puts it at 5/9 because its probably right about the government preparing for some untold calamity.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its hit and miss. The trouble is they often pubilsh things that are simply receiving high levels of internet traffic over any given length of time. When they where producing monthly reports (dont know if they still are) the lists of predictions each month where huge.

Now lets face it you throw enough sh** at something some of it will stick. Especially when your predicting a stock market crash a few months before it happens but many months after people begun to predict it by simply watching the market.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xSe7eNx

so 5/9 is what in percentages? I mean I am no good at math. I know it's based on what people are searching up or talking about, but it could be construed as part of the collective concious now then, couldn't it? That would imply that pretty much all human beings are at least partly psychic on average wouldn't it? If the web bot is at least 80% accurate. I just think that if we can put a percentage to it we may discover that humanity is getting mor connected to the collective conciousness, and this would be reflected in the web bot's predictions.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think someone wrote 5/9, The Web bot was designed to predict stock market trends using the web to gather info, what we actually see here is just that. Webbots accuracy in predicting financial isuues is almost flawless where its predictions on enviromental and biological issues was basically 50/50. In order for webbot to make a prediciton about earthquakes, it has to use all the data ever collected and uses the laws of probability to predict an occurrence. Keep in mine webbot uses time wave theory, Mayan, Hindu and Nostradamus teachings to guilde is path of probability.
Web bot is basically a very complex search engine algorithm

new topics

top topics

join