It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens visiting Earth will be just like humans, scientist claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Aliens visiting Earth will be just like humans, scientist claims

www.guardian.co.uk

Governments should prepare for the worst if aliens visit Earth because beings from outer space are likely to be just like humans, a leading scientist is claiming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
IMO there's a lot more to be said for this than the stereotypical *alien gray*.

Ok Ok so there's a million and one people out there who've been abducted by the grays, who've seen them, who've had contact...

Me?

I think *they* (aliens) are going to look a lot more like us and BE a lot more like us than many hopefuls would like to think...

Seems I'm not the only one...

Enjoy this *get me through Monday* thread...

peace

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Boy, these articles sure are coming quickly today.
This is like the third such article I've seen today!

Conditioning, I tell ya'.
And I don't trust it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

My suspicion meter is at the end of the scale too.
Out of the entire universe they will be like us?
What a horrible thought.
Clones,thats what i think.....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The original Guardian article has an attention getting and misleading headline. The words used were 'likely' and 'might' - a world of difference.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think we have a good possibility that they will be friendly. Their race would have had to come together for the greater good to be able to travel this far (unless they have an illuminati as well and a bunch of field workers lol). Human nature is what stands in our way so here's to hoping they bring us a peaceful cure to our nature.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
reply to post by JayinAR

My suspicion meter is at the end of the scale too.
Out of the entire universe they will be like us?
What a horrible thought.
Clones,thats what i think.....
Pod people! Created from missing persons that were abducted by the aliens for their master plans to take over the Earth! Never know, do we?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Extra-terrestrials might not only ­resemble us but have our foibles, such as greed, violence and a tendency to exploit others' resources, says Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University.

This is an idea I've long agreed with. It's reasonable to speculate why they would resemble us and have similar motivations. Humanoid in appearance, stereo vision, digestive system etc. If they did (or have) turn up here, it'd likely be motivated by ambition. Apathy wouldn't be much of a factor to visit other worlds!

Ambition takes many forms. For example Western powers seek control in the Middle East. Oxfam seeks to end poverty. Greenpeace wants to protect the environment. All are ambitions with extremely different outcomes.

If some ET visit should occur, we can only hope that they are the Greenpeace/ Oxfam variety. A Blair/Bush hawkish expedition would go very badly for us...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am amazed at how small minded some scientists are. They are just starting to speculate on what aliens might look like. They and many others don't take into account that some planets are several times bigger than earth and if they had life like Earth does, they might be several time the size of us. It is a huge unknown, especially once you get past the fact that they exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting read. However, once again, the brilliantly narrow mindedness of our scientists kind of comes out. I'm not disputing that if intelligent life does/has visited us, it will more likely than not look like us. However, this statement below just kills me. Why? Well, because HOW DOES HE KNOW? Life has shown here on earth that it can thrive in the most unlikely of situations and evolve in interesting ways.

He is then applying EARTH like circumstances to making this 'assumption':

"If you have a planet much smaller than ours, the gravity is so weak it loses its atmosphere. If the planet is much bigger, its gravity is so strong that everything crawls around on the ground, because you don't have to fall far to break everything. It's fantastically dull."

Sure, he would be right if it were here on earth. I think that on planets say twice as big as the earth we would come across intelligent life forms that may look like us but would be say, half our size. Not necessarily crawling on their bellies.

However, this is all based on the idea that they will look more like us than anything else. Sure, under extreme situations our framework simply will not work. But then again, I'm just making an assumption.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Will someone explain to me why there are so many articles about ufos today? I would really like to know.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah, I can't stand it when they start talking about how life would necessarily be a certain way if the planet was larger than ours.
I mean, doesn't that crap all depend on the Planet's size in relation to other orbitting bodies around it?
What if the planet's size was twice as big, but so was it's single moon and it was also the same distance to IT'S sun which was also twice as big as sol? In that case, you would have humans exactly like us but twice as large.

As another poster sid, they are carrying over Earthly laws and applying them to different scenarios. Shortsighted at best. Not a very Scientific base for speculation.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here's my question. If our universe started at the big-bang, (which all evidence points to), and since the universe contains all the same elements, and since it seems that physical laws are for the most part universally the same, and since only 'goldilocks' planets would support the beginnings of life, and since we have only a limited time-frame within this universe for evolution to do it's thing, how would alien life forms have the capabilities to support long distance space travel?
It seems to me that if there are other life forms that they would be more-or-less on the same 'lap' as we are. Of course exotic theories of mulit-verses and static models would allow for aliens to have by-passed, or already had the time to develop space travel.......but IMO it doesn't seem possible.
So if i see spaceships hovering over earth someday, i will immediately suspect humans as the culprit.....and immediately question their motives in trying to pull off the biggest hoax in human history. What would their end-game be?

Depopulation, would be my first guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One of the main themes among high ranking military whistleblowers is that they DO look exactly like us; at least some of them.
Folks in DC have been sh%^ting their collective britches because of this one simple thing for years IMHO.
I thought this was the ATS , guys?
Isn't that one of the biggest theories behind why disclosure won't take place?
They freakin' look like US people ! lmao
Or is that just my own idea?
That's why they won't tell.
Clifford Stone's own words are about how the guys at the pentagon don't know what to do because of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
S and F

I find this AMAZING, exciting.

To me this is as close to disclosure than ever before. This is major news and of course its not being talked about on the forefront. I hate that.

And I do find it interesting that they are even letting the cat out of the bag by stating that they may "look like us, live amongst us"....David Icke wasn't so wrong, hmmm...........

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tracey ace

Exactly, and if abducted people were sampled and cloned in aliens lab and then born on earth, I always wondering why do we have so much "doubles" on this planet... I think I have my answer or I hope not, just can't imagine a clone of myself, what a disaster!!!!!

And if universe is filled with only humans.... well no I prefer not think about that

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How small minded to asume they will look like us.Typical we are the whole universe and everything revolves around US rubbish.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by KANDINSKI]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I really don't think they would look like us. Unless that is they put us here but that is highly unlikely. To be honest I think there is a greater chance of there being no life besides us in the entire universe then them independently developing just like us.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

My sister and I were discussing this topic and she sid the SAME thing, about doubles of people...when you tell someone " Hey, I saw someone that looked JUST like you"....

Interesting that you brought this up!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It wouldnt suprise me if some from beyond were to appear and behave as if from the same genetic pool as humans. How their internal energy is made up will determine if the outer shell is just a look a like simular to AVATAR movie or V series. EIther way we all came from the same CREATOR so its fair game here

[edit on 1/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join