It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Raj Patel in fact Maitreya the long awaited World Teacher ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
He just sounded like a person in marketing to me. Nothing sensational, earth moving, nothing really even substantial was said by him. He is trying to sell a book, that I am sure of. BTW, I work for Raj Patel. There are at least 20 Raj Patels in my town alone, and the one I work for, if you heard him speak of the world and it's affairs today, sounds more like a Maytriya than this guy.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
he couldn´t be maitreya, because he was interview in 2008, could be maitreya ali agca??who intent to asesinate the pope, lasta week said that he is the eternal antchrist, i am very confused. The devil and the anthichrist is the father of the lie...don´t know who could be!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is the 2008 interview: www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
raj was interviewed in 2008, he can´t be : www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by juliette83

Raj gave an interview on the Colbert Report on Jan 12. Unless those interviews on democracy now weren't on TV, they weren't the ones to expect.

Not that I particularly believe in this event, but going by what Creme said, Raj could be who is this Maitreya fella

[edit on 25-1-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
www.democracynow.org...

2008 interview, he can´t be!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Nope.. Raj is Not this great teacher you are looking for. He's just a slick guy with a nice bag of tricks the people fell for and are making him into something he is not. He is just a normal man, with no supernatural or divine knowledge.

The man you are looking for came and went 2000 years ago, you just weren't looking for him but He' still around. You can find him hanging around anywhere there are two or more gathered in His name. He's called Jesus.

Now that you know.. you can stop looking an go right to the source. I am happy to have been instrumental in bringing you this public service.

I am sure you will be very happy now that you can stop looking. I am sure it must have been a drag waiting and looking all this time when the guy your looking for has been here this whole time. :-)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
but i am christian too, but maitreya is the antichrist, we have to search who is, raj? who could be???

The last time has started, and Jesus is coming...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
he can´t be,because he was interview in 2008 in democarcynow.this has to be his first interview

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
who is maitreya?or is a lie of benjamin creme. The interiew is after the norway spiral, 9 december 2009, i think?please usa people, you have to seen it

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by juliette83
www.democracynow.org...

2008 interview, he can´t be!

Well I wouldn't say that Democracy Now is nececarily a major well known US TV programme... but The Colbert Show that Raj Patel appeared on in Jan is, so technically that could be counted as his first interview on a Major US network.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
On Patel's website, he has videos of TV interviews from years past.
According to Mr. Creme's info this would preclude Mr. Patel from being Maitreya.
If I remember correctly, the next TV appearance should be in Japan.
This is one heck of an interesting mystery/story and is probably far from being over.
I am keeping an open mind and auto search engines on Japan.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Don't know who Raj Patel is exactly but the Patel is one of the wealthy families of India. Raj here, doesn't seem to represent a spiritual presence, just a somewhat charismatic marketing personality.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZOMITE
On Patel's website, he has videos of TV interviews from years past.
According to Mr. Creme's info this would preclude Mr. Patel from being Maitreya.
If I remember correctly, the next TV appearance should be in Japan.
This is one heck of an interesting mystery/story and is probably far from being over.
I am keeping an open mind and auto search engines on Japan.

Yes I totally agree with you, and the only reason that I am thinking that it could be Mr.Patel, is because so far no one has manged to find a better candidate.

Please keep us up to date with your findings in Japan.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok, I know this doesn't add anything to the conversation, but:

He looks and sounds eerily similar to Dr. Soresh from Heroes...

REALLY similar.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
These are facts about Maitreya from the perspective of Share International:

1. He comes to us as the water bearer.

This is indicative that either he comes to us in the age of Aquarius or is in fact an Aquarian.

2. He came to an Indian populated area of East London in 1977

This means that he either arrived in 1977 in East London as a man or his energy filled a host in 1977.

So Maitreya is either in his 30's or his 50's or 60's.

Maitreya is currently living in East London doing ordinary things.

3. He gave his "first" TV Interview in 2010 and also appeared on the Internet in 2010.

This means he is not Raj Patel, Wyclef Jean or President Obama

4, He comes to us not as Maitreya but as a simple man.

This means anyone who has called themselves Maitreya in any capacity is not Maitreya.

5. The pictures of the "Hand" and the "Messiah" of Nirobi are not infact Maitreya but the energy of Maitreya was present in that chosen person at that particular time.

This means Maitreya when he comes will not neccessariy be Indian. He could be White, Black, Asian and so on...

Does any one have any more "Facts" to add to this in an attempt to whittle down who this Person really is???

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by juliette83
he couldn´t be maitreya, because he was interview in 2008, could be maitreya ali agca??who intent to asesinate the pope, lasta week said that he is the eternal antchrist, i am very confused. The devil and the anthichrist is the father of the lie...don´t know who could be!!!

Benjamin Creme said that Maitreya recently gave his first interview on a MAJOR US TV NETWORK. Raj Patel's ColbertNation interview on 12 Jan 2010 fits the bill nicely.

Democracy Now! can't be considered a major network, so the Dec 2008 interview doesn't count. As for his other pre-2010 interviews and speeches on YouTube, all of them were practically live non-televised speeches or interviews recorded for the Internet.

I still think Raj Patel is our man.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Yan Hoi]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
From Raj Patel's Blog :

rajpatel.org...-1447

Growing up the first born son in a South Asian family, I got used to being quite the little prince. I wanted the privileges of primogeniture to carry on forever. When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I responded with the full spectrum of acceptable answers: Doctor! Lawyer! Accountant! Dentist! Quantity Surveyor! Secretly, though, I wanted to be a prince. From what I saw of the British royal family, it seemed a job that involved a great deal of adulation, cash, and cars, and not terribly much work.

I mention this because recently a trickle, and then a flood, of email has come asking me whether I’m Maitreya – the leader of a movement that might be able to save the planet from itself. Some swift Googling and dipping into strange forums informs me that Maitreya is a leader foretold in a range of religions. Those who think that I might be the new prince of peace have been reading things from Share International.

So what, according to Share International, does Maitreya do? Through a doctrine of sharing, fraternity, social justice and cooperation, he (and it does seem to be a he, not a she) brings humanity back from economic and ecological collapse through new forms of spiritual community.

As it happens, I do think that sharing, fraternity, justice and cooperation are terrific things. I also think that prioritising the needs of the poor, hungry and oppressed is a non-negotiable part of a sustainable future. There are other similarities. The picture of Maitreya above shows the Buddhist avatar holding a water bottle, and I’m never far from mine. Apparently, stuttering is the mark of something esoteric, though I’m not entirely sure what that is. Finally, just as foretold, I did indeed fly from India to London in 1977, although the plane ride was a return trip from a holiday with my family.

Unfortunately, from I think that’s where the resemblances end. It frustrates me only a little less than it might disappoint those looking for Maitreya that, in fact, I’m just an ordinary bloke. I always wanted to be a Prince of Something. But when opportunity comes knocking, it turns out it’s to get me to sign for a package for some other dude.

It’s sad, too, that the thinking I advocate is pretty straightforward. One doesn’t need a messiah to show how capitalism has damaged our relationships, society, ecology, body politic and future. We have to reclaim it through grassroots organizing against capital, a commitment to human rights, gender equality, redistribution, and shared democratic control of the world’s resources. It’s like the end of The Meaning of Life (skip to 4:17) in which, finally, the meaning of life is revealed to be

try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

But that’s not the Monty Python scene that most immediately comes to mind. Instead, it’s this rather good bit from The Life of Brian, one that Python (Monty) productions granted me leave to quote from in my last book, Stuffed and Starved, and which I still think contains all one needs to know about how we need to create social change together.

Sadly, I’m not the Messiah. I’m just a very naughty boy.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Ole Benny Creme and his "want to be" Anti-Christ still trying to "hijack" the Maitreya title from the Buddhist.. One problem with that is the Buddhist's Maitreya's arrival isn't anytime soon.

Creme and Share International have not only hijacked the term "Maitreya" but virtually the name of the 'expected one' from virutally every world religion. Maitreya, it seems, is just the one that Creme puts forth because it is the most unfamiliar to westerners. Creme, for example, couldn't call him "Jesus" or "Christ" because it would raise too many red flags. So, "Maitreya" I guess one could say, is just a "call sign" of sorts for this expected New Age messiah character.

Creme has stated that Maitreya is the Christ; is the Mahdi; is the long awaited Maitreya Buddha; and so forth. He is good at twisting names around in order to make this character more appealing for when he comes on the scene. He is also setting him up in such a way to make him more acceptable to people of faith when he comes. What I mean, is that Creme is making Maitreya out to be similar enough to what all the faiths are expecting so that when Maitreya comes, the people of faith will be like, "OH! I see! We just got it a bit wrong, but this is who we're really looking for!"

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icecoldfm
These are facts about Maitreya from the perspective of Share International:

1. He comes to us as the water bearer.

This is indicative that either he comes to us in the age of Aquarius or is in fact an Aquarian.

2. He came to an Indian populated area of East London in 1977

This means that he either arrived in 1977 in East London as a man or his energy filled a host in 1977.

So Maitreya is either in his 30's or his 50's or 60's.

Maitreya is currently living in East London doing ordinary things.

3. He gave his "first" TV Interview in 2010 and also appeared on the Internet in 2010.

This means he is not Raj Patel, Wyclef Jean or President Obama

4, He comes to us not as Maitreya but as a simple man.

This means anyone who has called themselves Maitreya in any capacity is not Maitreya.

5. The pictures of the "Hand" and the "Messiah" of Nirobi are not infact Maitreya but the energy of Maitreya was present in that chosen person at that particular time.

This means Maitreya when he comes will not neccessariy be Indian. He could be White, Black, Asian and so on...

Does any one have any more "Facts" to add to this in an attempt to whittle down who this Person really is???

Interesting.. looks to me like this Share International is to the Muslims like Jim Jones and the heavens gate people in Wacko Texas were to the Christians.

Of course it really does not matter as there is not any Maitreya nor will there ever be.

Still I wonder how people get taken in to these cultist sects.

octotom wrote:

" What I mean, is that Creme is making Maitreya out to be similar enough to what all the faiths are expecting so that when Maitreya comes, the people of faith will be like, "OH! I see! We just got it a bit wrong, but this is who we're really looking for!"

Sure, there's s sucker born every minute. True people of faith will not fall for this. It is written, "It will be impossible to deceive the very Elect" - paraphrased.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join