It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Raj Patel in fact Maitreya the long awaited World Teacher ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
Most people, unless they're conspiracy
buffs, would dismiss the whole thing out of hand or ingore it, especially if they are a public figure looking for credibility, he, on the other hand gives all kinds of mixed messages.

Mixed messages, yes. And he drops all kinds of hints while denying his Messianic status:

1. His boyhood wish to be a 'prince'.
2. His water bottle (Creme has said that Maitreya will launch the age of Aquarius, the water carrier).
3. His plane trip from India to London in 1977, the year Maitreya flew into Britain to begin his mission.
4. His stutter, esoterically associated with the 12th Imam Mahdi.
5. The hilarious Monty Python clip at the end, which reinforces Maitreya's teachings of telling people NOT to worship him, to make a cult figure of him, but to work together to make the world a better place.

"Even when you see me, do not run after me. If you run after me, you will lose me. If you parade me, you do not know who I am. I cannot be monopolized -- I belong to everyone.

"I have not come to create followers. Each of you should continue to develop within your own religious tradition. Respect your own religions, your own ideologies -- in brief, your own thoughtform, and you will experience the Master.

— Maitreya

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If this Raj character is Maitreya then I'm Zues.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Raj Patel was on Colbert Report
isohunt.com...

I will watch it tonight and see what he has to say

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yan Hoi

buffs, would dismiss the whole thing out of hand or ingore it, especially if they are a public figure looking for credibility, he, on the other hand gives all kinds of mixed messages.

Mixed messages, yes. And he drops all kinds of hints while denying his Messianic status:

2. His water bottle (Creme has said that Maitreya will launch the age of Aquarius, the water carrier).
3. His plane trip from India to London in 1977, the year Maitreya flew into Britain to begin his mission.
5. The hilarious Monty Python clip at the end, which reinforces Maitreya's teachings of telling people NOT to worship him, to make a cult figure of him, but to work together to make the world a better place.

"Even when you see me, do not run after me. If you run after me, you will lose me. If you parade me, you do not know who I am. I cannot be monopolized -- I belong to everyone.

"I have not come to create followers. Each of you should continue to develop within your own religious tradition. Respect your own religions, your own ideologies -- in brief, your own thoughtform, and you will experience the Master.

— Maitreya

I agree with all your points, and thanks for pointing out the Aquarias water carrier thing. I too noticed that Raj always carries a bottle of water when doing speeches.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

— Maitreya

Alot of your points are covered in this video:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wow, thanks. And thanks to the guy who bothered to put it all on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You know what's SUPER cool about Raj?

He came to my college and chatted with me. It was awesome. He did a talk on sustainable agriculture and world food systems.

He's really, really amazing.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Wow, thanks. And thanks to the guy who bothered to put it all on YouTube.

I bet the guy who put it up on youtube is grateful to you for the points you raised, that made the video alot more interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

He's really, really amazing.

Well if he is going to deceive the majority of the world into worshiping him, then yeah you would probably expect at least a few of them to think that about him.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The movie Avatar firmly plants in the public mind the term "Avatar" and associates it with a particular agenda, which among other things is an idealized atavistic belief system based on pre-Christian earth centered traditions, which integrate well with the purported mission and message of the false Maitreya. Creme repeatedly claims that Maitreya, or Raj, is the "Avatar" of all Avatars. Within Eastern spiritual traditions Avatar has very profound significance and should not be taken lightly, either by naming silly movies or for denoting sketchy political figures.

The use of the color blue by Share International, Creme, Raj (see Raj's shirt in the Democracy Now interview)and it's parallel use in the movie Avatar seems calculated to create a synergy reminiscent of other recent political movements.

The importance of the timing and content of Copenhagan's global warming meeting relative to Maitreya's agenda should be self evident.

All three phenomenon start with the same premise, either explicit or not, man is destroying the earth, Creme or Raj, or Maitreya offers the solution - brought to you in striking blue color.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Raj seems like an icky creep to me.

That Raj is not God, not God-intoxicated and has very little to do with God seems obvious (yes, I am a holy man and able to judge) due to his emphasis on comparative economics. The tomato farmer making $10k a year has the same difficulties finding God, serving God or becoming God regardless of whatever his income may be, let alone how his income compares to anybody else's. Raj ain't hitting the vein, trust me.

But this kinda communism-lite + religionism-lite is a good flavor of "best-ideals" for a secular-media-messiah/man-whore/motivational-speaker to spout, for sure (not that Raj is any of those things, I'm talking about the type...Raj reminds me of the type of guy whose business card says "POET" although he makes his rent money working as a dog-walker...but I digress).

I do expect we will see more of Raj, and I don't think Benjamin Creme or his successors would worry about any inconsistencies or failed prophecies about the Maitreya, enough to keep them off of the Raj train...failed prophecies still bring their object into the exciting realm of the magical, and once we're there, looky-here, we have a whole bunch of exciting new prophecies and assertions that cannot yet be disproven...yes those bad prophecies were from an incorrect transmission, but now Raj has given us the correct transmission, isn't it wonderful?

Raj really does seem gross to me, I don't see how anybody could go for him at all, if you gave me that product I would never use it...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Raj really does seem gross to me, I don't see how anybody could go for him at all, if you gave me that product I would never use it...

What would you go for ?

A white Jesus look a like that doesn't speak with a stutter?

What is it exactly about Raj that you find 'Gross', because to me your coming across as being slightly racist.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

peace through power interesting idea except that we the people of the world have lost control of our leaders -churches banks military and the rest of them their power is greed and money and we the people are their enslaved slaves to them as they all live so high on the hog and yet we have people living in the streets .
they are the power and we are nothing to them except -acceptable losses or cannon fodder . stand up to them and see just how fast they call out the military or riot squads to beat all of you dissidents down all because you asked for change or challenged their so called wisdom or authority.
the only way that we will have peace in this world is the day we take their false power away from them and replace them with our own people -all politicians need not apply [liars]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

anyone can be groomed to be what some one wants them to be -who is creme to say that he is the one -cant be.

all posts here say he started his mission in Britain in 1977 and the world is still making war and committing the most vile of crimes in the most vicious of ways -so i guess his mission is already a failure .
raj states that he has always dreamed of being a prince - DREAMED -not a prince and not a king -so who is the dark prince as this one has no throne nor will he ever .

he is trying to convert Britain to his way -i believe that Catholicism rules supreme over there along with the other christian faiths so how is he going to convert them to his way.-won`t be a happening thing.

I WAS TOLD THAT WHEN HE CAME HIS ARRIVAL WOULD BE HERALDED BY A THUNDER LIGHTING AND HELLS FIRE LIKE THE WORLD HAD NEVER SEEN AND THAT THESE SIGNS WOULD HARM NOTHING.
rock and roll
that he would walk amongst us as a man and that we would never know who he was until it was time .
that he could be standing in front of us or beside us and we would never know it.
that he would be wise and kind and gentle as he had been here watching us and learning from us as a species not as faiths ,religions,countries,governments and military's .
his message is to be PEACE WITHOUT FEAR.
THAT WE HAVE NO ENEMY`S HERE EXCEPT OUR OWN FEAR.

i have no enemies here in this world all i have is many people of different faiths ,different cultures ,different languages ,races creeds and colors . these people have so much that i as a man have not yet experienced ,such as their music ,food culture. so much to see and experience and oh so little time to partake of it all .
so what is holding us back ;old prejudices ,fear ,anger, hate ,outrage so who is it that continues to stir this pot of venom which is used to poison us all so that we all follow like blind mindless little sheep .
i have lost so many friends and family to war . WAR is for what as it has never solved anything other then more hate anger outrage and fear.so all of these so called heroes died for NOTHING as the world has never found PEACE nor will it as greed reins supreme and WAR IS USED TO CONTROL THE POPULACE AS THEY CANT SEEM TO CONTROL THEMSELVES .we have to guard and protect those corporate interests at all cost -look at Afghanistan as it is all about OIL gw bush has the contract to rebuild it along with the oil concessions that the Saudi royal family gave to him along with the oil company they gave him.he promised them that his oil line to the sea would be in place by 2013.
the funny thing is that the AXIS OF EVIL as gw called it has more oil under ground that all of the mid east and the states and probably the rest of them ,and all that these 2 nations were going to do was put dirt cheap oil on the world market which would have upset the oil company gouging of us over here -but it would have shut down Saudis oil fields so who is doing the worlds dirty work now . OUR MILITARY`S.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

What would you go for ?

A white Jesus look a like that doesn't speak with a stutter?

What is it exactly about Raj that you find 'Gross', because to me your coming across as being slightly racist.

It would take a long treatise to cite proper-and-improper anecdotes-of-the-assumed-avatars...but for example I do like al-Hallaj, as his activities have been transmitted, and I bet he was a more swarthy fella than those white Jesus pictures you are exciting yourself with.

On the fly, try this ... God is hard, God is trouble, God is the worst thing that can happen to you, God is like being a dope fiend...and as a sufferer myself I recognize suffering in others, we know our own, scars call out to scars, and Raj is so smarmy creamcheese, he does not have a mark on him...He does not look called to me, nor like one who can issue calls. He looks so rhetorical dull normal, ordinary, cheap and fake. But to each his own, of course, and, uh, good luck with that...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
as a christian myself, that belief alone does not state that other beliefs are non-existent, but that you must focus your belief solely on God/Jesus, not other beings/religions as to idolize them, etc. i do think there have been great teachers, "enlightened" people who understand things at a much deeper level than most, and i do also believe all worlds religions can play a part in the "end times" or "new age", because even if you believe in the "end times", it's required to happen before the "new age" anyway...

i can see maitreya playing a part, for example, in the christian faith. here's an example of how i see the end times, knowing what i know:

there will be the antichrist, and his "religious leader" who will bring millions to the antichrist... there will also be the 2 witnesses. so far, prime candidates are barack obama/raj patel...based on current events. it just makes sense...think about it (if youre christian obviously).....both english speaking so that alone will get him millions of followers...i could see raj pointing the praise to the antichrist (if he were to be the religious leader for example) rather than himself, and that would fulfill 2 things: the "religious leader" duty and also not praising himself, as someone said earlier that the "maitreya" won't be egotistical but humble and holding the "we are all 1" ideology, etc.

ive been expecting another big player recently, as barack fits the bill, to a T. no other major leader in any form fits the bill more than barack does. middle eastern decent, described to come "like a sheep" with his words as his power...and what was barack elected on? his speech. his 'eloquence' in talking...that the name would be "barbaric"...middle name being Hussein, i can see that matching....taking office at a critical time, right when the system is bound to collapse, corruption runs rampant, disease/starvation out of control, food/natural resources becoming unavailable....with other predictions about 2012, i can see how his term fits perfectly with that year, and with how current events are playing out, i forsee something MAJOR happening in this timeframe:

At the earliest, beginning June 2010.

At the latest, Beginning Jan 2011.

From that time, until Jan 2012 will be the major events. i don't know what, but i have yet to be wrong on my 'instincts', if you will. i don't claim to be a psychic in any form, but i have an extremely accurate record of 'calling things' as some would say, or predicting otherwise unheard of events...I was a freshman in highschool for 9/11, and the first thing i told my parents the day it happened was "i don't understand this..." because i was somewhat versed in politics at the time...days later after simply watching the news alone and watching the hypocrisy in action, i simply stated i felt the US did this to themselves for money...i had no details but years after the fact, the details and truth emerges slowly but surely to the public...i knew hilary clinton would hold a very important part in government, and i watched him as a senator (barack) and also before he was a senator, and it was almost clockwork how he literally instantly jumped from a nobody to president of the united states...it doesn't seem like they are major or very viable "predictions" but they play a part in something, i believe.

too much is making sense. it's like all the talk about the end (in the christian viewpoint) was just in the back of your head scattered, but now each part of what seems to be the puzzle of the end is fitting, and little things like RFID chip scares, swine flu, the health bill, WHO, possibility of codex alimentarius causing problems...corporations taking over our country now controlling politics?

i foresee some major things starting here in 6 months to a year. get your game faces on people, S is about to H T F

[edit on 29-1-2010 by SRHAZE420]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi SRHAZE420

Based on your prediction, do you see those that strongly oppose Obama as the ones we should be listening too, or are they all in the act? eg Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, the GOP?

Also why is it that there are so many interpretations by orthodox Christians as to who the Antichrist is? and why is it that each generation of Christians think that their time is the end times? Bottom line - why did God make it so damn hard for good intentioned Christians to understand his Word on this very important topic?

I agree with the Christians that lived in the 1940's that Hitler was the 'Antichrist'. The world had never before experienced an evil and destructive power of a group of Men that wanted to dominate the World and cleanse the world of all impure races and all those that opposed them. Now that he and his group had been defeated, the time is now ready for the Christ's return.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I can see it all panning out now...Christians reject him for more of the same...War, Death, Destruction and anarchy.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't know if this Raj Patel is actually Maitreya or not, but it's interesting to see more and more interest in the searching out of Maitreya.

Even the fact that people like Raj Patel, with his views on sharing and social justice, are gaining air time is significant. The Masters apparently put these thought forms into the mental plane and us ordinary people begin to "tune" into them.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xfiler

I hope you don't mind me answering your questions (except the first one).

Christians,orthodox or not,indeed misinterpret "apocalypse" and that's because of various reasons.First of all,ego.All people no matter their religion,race etc believe that the times they're living are "important" and something "special" will happen.In my opinion,this is clearly based on ego.We all have it,we're all humans and it's natural to think like that some times.
Other than that,many people take parts of the revelation,identify them with situations in their time without caring if the whole,let's say,description of the revelation fits.

God didn't really make it "hard" for us to understand it or anything like that.The revelation is supposed to be a vision of John with the help of an angel (or more?i don't remember that part).John saw what he saw and wrote it down.

I don't wanna seem rude here but is there a chance that you believe Hitler was the antichrist just so you can say that Maitreya is the messiah?I hope you understand that it was a question i had to ask.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join