It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by nerbot
Tell us "why" so we can help or do your job without scaremongering.

I too would like to know why, ........

****** "Ker-ching"! ....We Have A Winner!******

Britain's terror threat level rise due to 'fears of attack on Hillary Clinton during London summit'

Fears of a terrorist attack on Hillary Clinton when she is in Britain next week prompted the UK terror threat level to be raised, according to a leading expert. Professor Richard Bonney believes the arrival of the U.S. Secretary of State in London next week is why the official level has gone from substantial to severe. Home Secretary Alan Johnson announced the shift last night. The new level denotes that an attack is 'highly likely' and is the second highest on a five-step scale. Mrs Clinton and other leading foreign ministers are due in London this Wednesday and Thursday for two major summits on Afghanistan and Yemen.

Daily Mail Link

They must have read our posts.

[edit on 23/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
These fear tactics are just so stale. Seriously like ten year old bread. There's more risk of Americans dying in a car accident by being distracted by the terror alert flashing signs than legitimate terror alerts. So pathetic..... look at all the pretty colors they kind of mesmerize me and make me wooooorrrrrryyyy
I need a half double decafe lattee

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wonder why the alert level in the US hasn't been raised? If it were up to Me,I'd raise it just to be safe.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Control people through fear, the British have centuries of experience in that domain.
What I fear for , is for the security and well-being of the British people, constantly watched by cameras, under surveillance at all times, told to report anything suspicious.
If Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were still among us, they would hang themselves right away.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
These fear tactics are just so stale. Seriously like ten year old bread. There's more risk of Americans dying in a car accident by being distracted by the terror alert flashing signs than legitimate terror alerts. So pathetic..... look at all the pretty colors they kind of mesmerize me and make me wooooorrrrrryyyy
I need a half double decafe lattee

This myth of no one dying from Islamic terrorism is really pathetic.
Go to:
www.thereligionofpeace.com
and you will see that there have been over 15000 terrorism incidents since 911.
When this "car accidents are more dangerous" myth or the "false flag" BS shows up it's usually because the source only sees MSM and a narrow vision of the world.

Those of us informed and educated about Islamic terrorism dont' make light of death and destruction. We have walked the paths and faced the bad guys and made a difference in the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Without a shadow a doubt there is a false flag coming everything points to it. This terror level is a other tool to instill fear in to the sheeple and then gain more control over them. Another false flag (7/7) will only create hardship for its citizens.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Control people through fear, the British have centuries of experience in that domain.
What I fear for , is for the security and well-being of the British people, constantly watched by cameras, under surveillance at all times, told to report anything suspicious.
If Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were still among us, they would hang themselves right away.

Another myth created by a concept that was meant to teach about principles rather than action. Misinterpretation of literature is dangerous, I suppose.

Do you actually believe that anyone would want to watch you? Are you that important? Unique? Why would resources be wasted to watch you? Do you do something that needs to be watched? How much would it cost to watch you? Or watch every citizen? How many people would it take to watch citizens and what would they gather from watching?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Without a shadow a doubt there is a false flag coming everything points to it. This terror level is a other tool to instill fear in to the sheeple and then gain more control over them. Another false flag (7/7) will only create hardship for its citizens.

Then I guess it's ok to go about your business but I don't think that the First Responders are going to use your opinion to cease their alert status. They probably have more information than you do and you will never be privy to that info, sorry to tell you.
When death and destruction happens I don't expect you will have much to say. Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
I wonder why the alert level in the US hasn't been raised? If it were up to Me,I'd raise it just to be safe.

Because it's costly.
When orange alert happened in NYC it almost bankrupted the police departments. They have to pay overtime and schedule more officers and more hours. The labor budget is outstanding.
Further, many are inconvenienced by orange alert because certain elements become restricted. Orange alert means there is a defined threat. Right now there is a general threat and probably chatter that is indicating motion. A specific threat doesn't come until the operatives are in motion, usually 24-48 hours prior to an attack.

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

And do you suppose that someone might want to take advantage of the lax security before hand or even put Mrs Clinton in a position when she is in the ME to make a critical decision?
She's a tough woman and maybe she won't back down to threats and to show her that women shouldn't be in her position, Islam will one up her with their violence.
This is a big game with big players. I don't think anyone here on this forum qualifies to play.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Well, that's kind of you, but we are really just fine over here. The surveillance is like a cuddly toy for the politicians and police. Shoplifting and street crime hasn't been affected, but it makes THEM feel better. Reporting something suspicious is for noobs. The Police are too busy generating paper mountains for the latest Home Secretary's mad ideas. Aye, it's all just fine over here

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Yes, whatever is being prepared for is the elite's own concoction and if it involves the Olympics in Vancouver they will be really sorry for messing with peaceful Canadians.
I am writing to our mlas to let them know that we know, and we know that they are serving the real terrorists of this world, the bankers, and bloodlines, and its a no go. I am holding the light over Vancouver.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Thanks for the info,I'm suprised We haven't been hit again by Terrorists. I thank God We haven't however. Do You think if We got hit again like 9-11 that the Gov't would declare Martial Law this time?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

With all the training the police have had lately I would say its a fair bet, this is the way it will play out, false flag then martial law, then whilst the people are forced to stay at home the mice will play.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

We are most certainly NOT just fine over here. We have a government hell bent on the removal of our rights over time, on sending up UAV's over our airspace which will make virtualy any privacy whatsoever completely and utterly impossible, we have a government who do not do what we tell them to do (and that, regardless of mere OPINION to the contrary is what they are paid to damned well do ) and far worse, we have a government who play fast and loose with the morality of our nation as a whole, and do things that would make my grandfathers backflip in thier graves.
We also have a government who have been slowly closing doors while proclaiming that they are open to us, to education, to free speech, to transparancy . All we get to do here is choose who is stealing from us next, which parties pockets we will be lining, and we the people cannot change the mind of our government even when the majority is against thier reasoning.
When we had hordes of anti war protestors on the streets of london, they didnt listen. When they reduce or do not allow the NHS to offer certain drugs to cancer patients, and there is outcry, they do not listen. When the people have something to say to thier government we are either ignored or spoken down to, or pathetic excuses are made. We are not fine no matter which way you slice it. What we are is screwed.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
My advice to the UK is don't buy into this whole terrorism thing like the US did. Don't let your media influence you like what happened here.

The people of the UK don't and won't. We have had to endure many decades of terrorism related to NI. We have a matured, "devil may care" attitude towards it.

I think the damage isn't from fear but constant reminders of the threat which make people indifferent to detrimental legislative changes. A perfect example would be the "control orders" farce. Another, ongoing work on a national I.D. card scheme and such like.

Day to day threat does not scare, intimidate or affect our lives. The real work of the terrorists is done for them by a control freak government.

Hopefully, its days are truly numbered and some rationality may return to those running the UK.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by JJay55

Thanks for the info,I'm suprised We haven't been hit again by Terrorists. I thank God We haven't however. Do You think if We got hit again like 9-11 that the Gov't would declare Martial Law this time?

Like any disaster zone martial law is an option. In some places the degree of violence is determined by the criminal element of the city. For instance during Hurricane Andrew there were no incidents where a looter was shot, there wasn't even much looting, the people were quite calm and non-violent. Hurricane Katrina was different. Street thugs took advantage of the situation to murder and loot and Blackwater had to call in the best snipers to take out those elements. In Haiti there are gangs that are looting but they are desperate and hungry. A looter was shot by accident but for the most part people are cooperative.
During Martial Law there is a curfew, streets are partrolled in a smaller pattern, local militias are employed to keep the peace, distribution centers for food and supplies are safe zones.
But what will happen with Islamic dirty fighting is that they will run hijacked ambulances with explosives into hospitals, taint the water supplies with chemicals, kill First Responders, and disrupt communications. This is an attack on civilians and populations which is their target. So Martial Law will change and we might be forced to defend ourselves from Islamic mobs that go door to door raping and killing.

Martial Law is to protect. Martial Law is to provide a safe zone. Martial Law is to have a plan in place in the event of an emergency. It's not a fun time but it's about safety and preservation. It's a utilitarian concept.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
My advice to the UK is don't buy into this whole terrorism thing like the US did. Don't let your media influence you like what happened here.

The people of the UK don't and won't. We have had to endure many decades of terrorism related to NI. We have a matured, "devil may care" attitude towards it.

I think the damage isn't from fear but constant reminders of the threat which make people indifferent to detrimental legislative changes. A perfect example would be the "control orders" farce. Another, ongoing work on a national I.D. card scheme and such like.

Day to day threat does not scare, intimidate or affect our lives. The real work of the terrorists is done for them by a control freak government.

Hopefully, its days are truly numbered and some rationality may return to those running the UK.

Maybe the term terrorism is misunderstood. The Islamic concept is not to frighten people, it is to kill non-muslims in a goal of global domination.
Seems that some have twisted the term and think their own government uses terrorism or something. This is how myths form and those who don't understand follow along.
There is nothing to fear. Ever. Fear is a choice. Has nothing to do with what someone imposes upon you. Fear is a personal action, controlled not by anyone but yourself. Claiming that you will not fear is like saying that you won't eat a doughnut, no one cares.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You are correct. What you describe is hegemony. Hegemony is lesser and lesser choices. But the government isn't actually responsible for that. They do what they can to provide choices because it keeps them in business. What does take away the ability of the government to give you choices is the rest of the world with terrorism threats, economic plays that create monopolies (oil), uncontrolled immigration, lack of population control, gender imbalance, and resource depletion.
When those factors challenge a government there is only so much they can do, thus choices get smaller.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not had time to read this entire thread,so sorry if this has been mentioned but does no one find it a tad of a coincidence that a few days back the government were being slated for the fact that they have cut anti terror budget overseas:

Gordon Brown faced accusations of "indifference to the point of negligence" last night as he defended the adequacy of counterterrorism funding in Pakistan after a heated political row over Foreign Office cuts.
Mr Brown and David Miliband, foreign secretary, stressed that funding in sterling terms to tackle radicalism in Pakistan would still increase, even though planned spending had been scaled back because of a budget crisis engulfing the department.
An internal memo leaked to the Conservatives laid bare the cost-saving measures officials are preparing next year in order to plug a shortfall close to a sixth of its core budget.

www.ft.com...

And now the government has the audacity to raise the terror threat..What a complete and utter bunch of(insert word that I cannot say on ATS here)!!!

Does the government realise how the media will proceed to tear them to shreds if we now are unfortunate enough to get a terror attack???

Cuts in anti terror funding followed by an attack would be enough to get an early election at the least IMO.
FUME...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join