It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hmm, my advice...go on with life as normal, keep your wits about you, and if you suddenly notice tshtf, think quick for self preservation...fear nothing, use the adreneline to take control...

I mean, if the moment comes, and your face to face with some nutter...at the very least, go down fighting verses cowering.

but, as the US has shown...just because the level gets raised doesnt mean anything comes from it...terrorism tends to be a bit more crafty than that...typcally happens in relaxed times when it does.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just a wild theory, but as the two main leaders begin to canvas for votes in the UK would raising the Threat Level to 'severe' aid the Labour party in some way as to justify their role in the War on Terror?

In the world of terrorism, the threat of attack is always there and most attacks are rarely telegraphed to people outside of the network.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe? Balderdash and absolute over reaction! This is just a ploy to put further curbs on our freedom!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Bollocks to the terrorists, whether they be government shadow agents or genuine threat.

They can jolly well sod off.

I'm too busy being happy.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't think this is related to any "false flag" scenario. If anything, it is probably related to the capture of the Nigerian Plane bomber, who after all spent a couple of years in London, and who has apparently stated that there are more than twenty others in Yemen who are being trained to do the same thing.

It could also be related to the five guys caught at the airport this week in Pakistan, who, after checking in for a flight to the UK, tried to give their boarding passes to five other guys.

Direct flights from Yemen to London have also now been suspended - i think they have to stop in France and everyone has to get off, with luggage off also, to be scanned properly.

Just to add, the terror threat specifically for the UAE was raised to the same level last year, but nothing happened..... although there is talk that a few shi-ite muslims from Lebanon and Syria were arrested and deprted in May last year, after a plot was apparently uncovered to bomb the Burj Dubai (now renamed Burj Khalifa after the $10Bn loan!
)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argokoo
Nothing to back this up, but I feel that next week or in the weeks following there will be a terrorist attack in the UK.

Usually I'd be first to make fun of a post like this, but for some reason, I've always had a funny feeling about this beautiful structure. Imagine if it was targeted?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow. Bad time for a terrorist threat...what with an election approaching. What we need now is a strong leader to step up and save us from explosive idiots.

Hey wait a minute...you don't think this is media manipulation do you...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Actually many of you have got it all wrong.

There will be an attack from and on Venezuela within the next 3 weeks. (False Flag) Lebanon, Syria, and Iran will also be attacked within the next 3 weeks. (False Flag)

They don't raise the security level for nothing.

3 weeks...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
When is Gordon Brown up for election?
Any Brits know the politics and can fill me in?

Ive been waiting since 2007, the year that it was officially a dictatorship in the UK.

Gordon Brown was never elected in the first place, yet the UK seems to think that there will be an election coming up?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The Election is in May...google it instead of making silly suggestions that the UK is a dictatorship. Was the US a dictatorship when Bush fixed the election with the Florida vote-rigging?

Hell, while your busy checking your facts have a quick peep at the definition of dictatorship...there's a dear

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Actually many of you have got it all wrong. There will be an attack from and on Venezuela within the next 3 weeks. (False Flag) Lebanon, Syria, and Iran will also be attacked within the next 3 weeks. (False Flag) They don't raise the security level for nothing. 3 weeks...

You fool! Now they'll have to re-plan everything from scratch. Tell me, why are you using your powers on ATS? Surely there's a job in the media for a guy with 100% predictions? U2u me 6 numbers from 1-39 please

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by XXXN3O

The Election is in May...google it instead of making silly suggestions that the UK is a dictatorship. Was the US a dictatorship when Bush fixed the election with the Florida vote-rigging?

Hell, while your busy checking your facts have a quick peep at the definition of dictatorship...there's a dear

Look up sarcasm in a dictionary and then you might see that my post contains some.

Gordon Brown was never elected either, that is one part of dictatorship and it dwarfs fixing votes as there was no vote in the first place.

Might be worth looking up smart ass as well while you are at it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ok , does anyone else smell a rat? First of all , there is no point in a threat level between, "Everything is just peachy" and "OMFG we are all going to die!" .
This "severe" rating is bogus to start with. If they only warn us when something is deffinitly going down, then maybe we would all pay a little more godamned attention.
And finaly, if they can monitor the threat to our nation, in such a way as we could actualy benifit from these warnings, then how in the name of crud do these bombers get through ? I personaly run with the "If big brother isnt ok with it, then it doesnt happen" which means that when bad things happen, the powers that be know about it , and either cant be bothered to fix it, or gain from its happening. Every bombing, mugging , bank job, fraud. They know ... they see... they just dont act. At least, they dont unless it suits them.

Oh and I believe the poster above me has reffered to the difference between dictatorship and democracy. Here is a little primer on the seperation between the two.

Dictatorship: You get screwed.You dont get to choose how.
Democracy : You get screwed, but the worst part is, you have to choose how , and who by .

After that the differences are few.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This reminds me of a road I used to drive on. There is a steep banking to one side and a notice - DANGER - FALLING ROCKS. The road is such that it would be difficult to take evasive action anyway. So do you avoid the road? Nah... You just assume that if a boulder does come crashing down it won't be at the precise time you are passing!
Terror alerts (true or not) are even less specific. You just get on with your daily life (unless you want to stay hunkered in your home and avoid all public places
)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The terror threat is based on events and intelligence from Northern Ireland. MI5 believes an attack on the main land or a potential bombing campaign could begin.

Real IRA now have the finance, arms and former members of the provo. Sleepers cells are already on the main land.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I feel compelled to reply to this...

The UK terror alert system is directly, read that again, DIRECTLY related to an attack against a British interest at home or abroad.

The recent Yemeni trained failed plane bomber would not have any impact on our level, neither would the US changing or adapting their customs/flight screening protocols.

The reason that the UK has upped the level to sever is for one of two reasons;

1) The security service(s) have received clear intelligence of a planned attack, or

2) A friendly ally has provided irrufutible evidence of the same.

Yes, some people may pull a face and say that the US could just make something up and 'inform' us of a threat, but come on people, do you not rate the UK's intelligence community high enough to spot this?

In short there is something brewing. It may come to pass or it may not, nothing you or I can do about it save to stay vigilant and if you suspect something then call it in - I mean dial 999 and do it right away.

Keep your chins up people of Britain, we've lived through a lot worse than this...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Gordon Brown is neither the first, or I suspect the last, Prime Minister who was unelected.

2007 Gordon Brown Labour
1990 John Major Conservative
1976 James Callaghan Labour
1963 Sir Alec Douglas-Home Conservative
1957 Harold Macmillan Conservative
1955 Sir Anthony Eden Conservative
1940 Winston Churchill Conservative
1937 Neville Chamberlain Conservative
1923 Stanley Baldwin Conservative
1916 David Lloyd George Liberal
1908 Herbert H. Asquith Liberal
1905 Henry Campbell-Bannerman Liberal
1902 Arthur Balfour Conservative

In the British electoral system the leader of the party with most / majority of MP's is asked by The Queen to form a government thus becoming Prime Minister.
If the party in control of Parliament change leader during the course of their term in office then that leader automatically becomes Prime Minister.
It is nothing new.
The British system is very different to the US Presidential Election.

Back on thread.

The British Security Services are very much 'on top' of security threats and tend to react to accurate information received from reliable sources.

As has prviously been stated, they are very experienced having dealt with the I.R.A. threat for a number of years.

Whilst I am under no illusions that our Security Forces are more than capable of carrying out a false flag operation, indeed they could quite possibly have done so in the past, I still tend to think that the threat of further terrorist attacks on the UK by Islamic fundamentalist organisations is real and that this is no false flag operation.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benjj

I rate our Intelligence service as among the best on planet earth. I do not however believe that everything they do is in the best interest of the people of this nation, nor do I believe that the security and safety of the common man on the street is in any way increased by thier input. I believe as I have said already that the only times these people act, is when it suits thier bizzare and unknowable agendas. I believe that there is no way a terror attack could happen without their knowing it before hand, and that they would only act to prevent such a thing, to secure people deemed important enough to protect.
I do not believe that the London bombings a few years back went unobserved, and I believe that the reason they were not prevented, is to give fuel to the fires of unrest and xenophobia in this nation, with the intention of keeping the masses divided, and concerned with hating eachother and suspecting one another.
This can only serve an agenda most foul, and I put it to the membership, that the entire existance of MI5 and the associated services, only serves to increase the power available to politicians and that they in turn are so corrupt and vile, that no wish of thiers ought to be seen as anything other than a cancer on our nation.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Seriously wondering if this is just an attempt by this lousy government to gerrymander the vote in the upcoming elections by using scare tactics upon the population? just like after the 7/7 bombings when large numbers of people decided to stick with what they knew and Blair got re-elected even though he looked doomed before the bombings.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I know what you mean. And folks wonder why I dont trust the filth in parliment ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join