It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I have to wonder wether everyone has thier eyes shut. Really I do. He is still at large because my nations government needs a split , divided, and fearful population in order to function its war, in order to function its increasing stranglehold on our rights, and in order to progress its attempts to crush the soul and spirit of the people, so that we are easier to exploit.
ALL governments around the world , are made up of people who one way or another are basicaly there to get money for nothing. Its called power , and they grasp it by making normal rational people think like xenophobes. They release bile spewing creeps like this guy out into the streets, protect his rights, and let everyone get good and angry at him and his fellows, and by extention his religion. Then when everyone is good and angry, they replace him with some new horror.
It keeps our attention on Islam, when we really need to be looking at our foriegn affairs policy , our border security , and most of all our economic policy which is this very moment on the brink of absolute failiure.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
True Brit, what you describe is hegemony. And then you twist it to include some other stuff.... that just doesn't make sense.
Unless we are all independently wealthy then we have to work and be part of the economy. If our governments provide us with many choices in our lives that make us happy then that's their job. We have roads and traffic lights and running water in our homes because of the government. You make it sound like the government is a bunch of Dr Evil's sitting around a big table with omnipotent powers pulling our strings like we are little puppets and that's simply a fantasy.

In reality democratic free governments are filled with people like you and me. We can be part of government, we can serve and provide services to communities that give us more choices and enjoyment of life.

As for the Terrorism threat that's out there, it's real. There are people, in countries that are not free, instead they are run by religious governments and give their people little choice. They have to pray 5 times a day when the government tells them to, they have to eat, sleep, breathe government. And their government is telling them to attack those that are free and kill them. Can you understand that?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I can understand that. I am in fact more than aware of that. I keep up with current affairs and obviously there is much reference and detailed reportage available on that very subject.
But I do not accept that these terrorists could actualy perform thier acts of violence on our land unless the intelligence service were complacent.
Our borders need closing, our house needs clearing, and radicals like the one mentioned in the post I replied to initialy must be removed from society since they are clearly incapable of participating in it. These things will not happen, and they will not happen because it does not suit the people in control of this country . If you can think of a better explanation , then feel free to voice it, because all the answers I can come up with point to something rotten in this land, and specificaly in its leadership and houses of parliment.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I can come up with point to something rotten in this land, and specificaly in its leadership and houses of parliment.

Yes, we need a house cleaning in the US too!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
True Brit, what you describe is hegemony. And then you twist it to include some other stuff.... that just doesn't make sense.

You make it sound like the government is a bunch of Dr Evil's sitting around a big table with omnipotent powers pulling our strings like we are little puppets and that's simply a fantasy.

We can be part of government, we can serve and provide services to communities that give us more choices and enjoyment of life.

Regards hegemony, the very idea is twisted. These politicians get elected because they tell us they are the only ones who can do the job. Its all bull ... if the job is basicaly make a damned mess of things and give everyone a headache, then any pillock could do that. Hegemony , is a word used to excuse compromise . If we wanted leaders who would compromise between effective policy , and affordable spending, and end up doing nothing, then we could hang them all , take thier stuff, and then share out the proceeds among the poor. The excuse of hegemony , the idea that the politician cannot help the choices he is left with , is PATHETIC. We supposedly elect exceptional individuals to parliment, not average know nothings.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From what i understand:

* The terror threat was raised because Murderess Clinton was coming to London.

Now why don't we just ban that horrible American woman from our country and keep the threat level at a respectable level?

Better yet, ban all US politicians from out country and take comfort that we will never get dragged into their illegal wars ever again, thus substantially lowering the terror level for the rest of eternity?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
America's level is currently at Elevated.

America actually still uses that useless terrorist gauging system B.S.
I was actually a little stunned to read the title of this thread and learn that europe is using this as well.
I thought Homeland Security finally took this nonsense down for good once the entire public was laughing at them for coming up with this

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

You make it sound like the government is a bunch of Dr Evil's sitting around a big table with omnipotent powers pulling our strings like we are little puppets and that's simply a fantasy.

We can be part of government, we can serve and provide services to communities that give us more choices and enjoyment of life.

Regards hegemony, the very idea is twisted. These politicians get elected because they tell us they are the only ones who can do the job. Its all bull ... if the job is basicaly make a damned mess of things and give everyone a headache, then any pillock could do that. Hegemony , is a word used to excuse compromise . If we wanted leaders who would compromise between effective policy , and affordable spending, and end up doing nothing, then we could hang them all , take thier stuff, and then share out the proceeds among the poor. The excuse of hegemony , the idea that the politician cannot help the choices he is left with , is PATHETIC. We supposedly elect exceptional individuals to parliment, not average know nothings.

Hegemony isn't an excuse, it's a description of the action. Hegemony isn't a good thing but also politicians don't have that many choices either.
If you expect politicians to change the world then you will be waiting a long time.
Hegemony is based on different things and affects quaility of life. And you can't really depend on politicians for your quality of life either, eh?
Criticizing politicians isn't going to get you out of hegemony or increase your quality of life... is it? What will?

Now look at it from the other side. Islam knows that they want to decrease our choices by increasing hegemony control by government. So how do they accomplish that?
Saudi extorts the oil business and makes everyone pay them big money for their resource. We suck it up and pay the price because we like to drive and it's essential to our transportation.
We come to a point when Saudi's supply runs low and they increase the price because they like the income. That trickles down to the consumer. Saudi needs more money, insert terrorism. Either the West comes up with a solution and a continued income for Saudi (Islam) or they will kill us. That's the deal. This action is justified by the Koran and all the government imams agree and are on board.
Decrease the quality of life in the West and they will have to pay the Saudi's (Islam) more.
Now Saudi isn't distributing the wealth to their people but because they have such hard control and total hegemony their people have no choice but to commit terrorism.
Getting the picture yet?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adam West

I was actually a little stunned to read the title of this thread and learn that europe is using this as well.
I thought Homeland Security finally took this nonsense down for good once the entire public was laughing at them for coming up with this

Well here's what happened. Katrina hit and we had a disaster on our hands. Other law enforcement came to the rescue and we found out that our communication systems weren't compatable. This caused delay in search and rescue operations.
Therefore a simple system was developed that all agencies could adhere to, even weather emergencies. Red is attacked, we are in search and rescue and recovery mode, this is quite expensive as you can see in Haiti.
Orange is defined threat, this puts law enforcement on overtime and they have specific things they look for and protect and hopefully prevent from happening.
Yellow is guarded, there is no defined threat but always danger and we are on guard and ready in the event of something more specific.

Each level cost different prices. Overtime is expensive. Clean up is really expensive. Imagine how much it would cost with a major hazmat disaster clean up. These can't be volunteers, this takes heavy equipment, quarantine, and equipment that is costly.

It's everyone's job to be on these alerts. You are responsible for yourself and family in the event of an emergency. Do you have a plan for each of those levels?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adam West

I think I said it on this, or perhaps another thread that I liked the UKs old system of different bikini states since that always made me smile.

I must have a very sad, sick mind as when I was working for the MOD I could not stop myself singing "itsy bitsy tiny winy yellow polka dot bikini" when ever I saw the bikini state.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Yes, but the picture is missing lots of pieces. Biggest one is the fact that its a myth that we even NEED oil to drive, heat homes, or indeed anything else it gets used for except plastics. There are technologies available which make oil moot, increasingly efficient solar panels, more windfarms every day , and cleverer ways to save energy from natural sources are comming through every day. Hell renault have just released an electric car to the market. I mean this is kicking off NOW! We literaly have the technology available to us to ensure our energy security for the future. Oh folks whine on that not everywhere gets a lot of sun. Thats true, but some places dont see an awful lot of fossil fuel either, and Im guessing theres more folks who cannot afford oil , than there are folks who cant get enough sunlight to power thier xbox for gods sake !
If the west coupled these technological breakthroughs with more accurate intelligence , and water tight border policing, then the game would be over.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

We can't afford it. If we immediately unemployed all the oil workers and hired engineers to develop and deploy new technology the change in the employment sectors would fall. Sure that is happening now and why our economy is changing so drastically but it takes time. Meanwhile a crushing terrorism attack would not help us toward a brighter future.
We want to move into happiness and prosperity but there are those that want to see us fail and stop us from doing that and wear burkas.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

If our government had used the bailout money it effectively wasted on the banks to convert our nation to renewable energy then I believe it would have been a better investment, and would have meant that any potential benifits of the investment would have been nation wide, instead of how it is with the banks and bankers now. You know some of them are STILL taking million pound pay packets? Disgraceful! Thats OUR money !

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
From what i understand:

Better yet, ban all US politicians from out country and take comfort that we will never get dragged into their illegal wars ever again, thus substantially lowering the terror level for the rest of eternity?

I have to agree with you here... i can't help but wonder if we didn't join the USA in this war we wouldn't have any Problems with Radicals trying to blow us up here...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

If our government had used the bailout money it effectively wasted on the banks to convert our nation to renewable energy then I believe it would have been a better investment, and would have meant that any potential benifits of the investment would have been nation wide, instead of how it is with the banks and bankers now. You know some of them are STILL taking million pound pay packets? Disgraceful! Thats OUR money !

But that was a behind closed doors deal. That money was to even out the world debt in a move that brings the Caliphate closer to realization.
Dishing out money doesn't solve anything.

But back to the topic. The threat level is real because Islam keeps threatening. They want and take and want more and take more until the kuffirs are left pennyless and broke. Islam is superior (Koran) and their religious government law allows them unity that should dominate the whole world because Islam is the only way to live. See how the West screwed up the economy and their people. The people of Islam are more submissive and have less freedom under the Sharia Law of Islam, talk about government control and hegemony.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Hi JJay55,
No offence to you as usual,I do like our little chats,But the way you describe it the Islamic extremist(or is it just islamic?)threat is on a par with such failed regimes as the Soviets,Nazis,or Gengis Khan even.
I really have tried and tried to find supporting evidence to corroborate what you tell us all,but I must not have a high enough security clearance or something because I continue to struggle to find a basis in reality to what you say.
I would however still like to see you make a thread detailing the 10year waiting/planning period practised by AlQuedea that you have mentioned previously.
This is one of the things I am having difficulties finding out about,other than your words of course.
Respect and regards as always,SS.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Stand by, I will have something up for you as it becomes available.
I've done many years of research on counter-terrorism, emergency preparedness and Islam. It's not easy for the public to find the truth and it should be. I'm working to change that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join