It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. prepares Guantanamo Bay for possible influx of Haitians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

U.S. prepares Guantanamo Bay for possible influx of Haitians

www.cnn.com

The U.S. military is gearing up for a possible influx of Haitians fleeing their earthquake-stricken country at an Army facility not widely known for its humanitarian missions: Guantanamo Bay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The U.S. military is gearing up for a possible influx of Haitians fleeing their earthquake-stricken country at an Army facility not widely known for its humanitarian missions: Guantanamo Bay.

Soldiers at the base have set up tents, beds and toilets, awaiting possible orders from the secretary of defense to proceed, according to Maj. Diana Haynie, a spokeswoman for Joint Task Force Guantanamo Bay.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Even I, with the loathing I have for the USA and the genocide by earthquake (IMO) in Haiti did not imagine this could happen. (Guantanamo)

If people can't see the truth they deserve to be blind...

Heaven help the Haitians..

peace

[edit on 22-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The idea of moving the general population of Haiti to Gitmo is a horrible and frightening thought..... however, unfortunately, the idea does not come as a surprise to me, and with the citizens in an even more weakened state due to it taking a week or more to get supplies to them.. which I can't help but to believe that the time lag was very deliberate - they will not be able for the most part be able to put up much of a fight... besides.. if this is indeed a part of the hidden agenda, certainly they will be told some phoney story about how they are going to where there are better medical facilities... or some such story like that.. so most will probably willingly go...

Oh, this just turns my stomach. I have believed all along that the U.S. has had an agenda in place that is much sleazier than the surface, thinly veiled pretense of offering aid to the victims. However, having a vague idea that the U.S. is in some way only "helping" as a cover for the true intentions of the government is one terrible thought.... when a concept is actually formed of what that agenda might actually be... it is just sickening... I certainly do hope that this is just speculation and not about to become a reality... though unfortunately, after seeing some of the astrocities my own government has already commited , the thought is not so far fetched as I would like it to be.........

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
WTF !!!! Fuc*ing As%holes!!!! , We got a prison for your homeless , were here to help you ! Your country is earthquake stricken , therefore , line up ,we can truly make your life better this way ?!!!
Enough said , Bunch of fu*king As$holes ! Just go in there and help,lazy pricks , rebuild and get it over with , these guys are Off the chart AS$HOL#S !!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The people of Haiti are still suffering because the promised aid is not yet getting through to the places where it is needed.
And who is in control of the airport?
The US Military, with 2000 Marines and 1000 combat troops, according to news sources here in the UK.
Can anyone see where I am heading here?

Roy.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
you know i loathe to admit giving the gov its props but gitmo is not just a prison. it is a naval base that haPPENS TO HAVE A SECTION FOR DETAINEES.
the navy has been in the helping out business for along time. i work with former navy who when mount pimatubo blew its stack offloade all planes to japan and went in and moved several villages bythere aircraft carrier over several days and multiple trips out of volcano zone. they have told me about how they even made pens on flight deck for livestock. several of the philopino people who were saved by these sailors work with up at our factory in north carolina so it truly is a small world. so when we finally get our heads out are rear and try to help don't badmouth it just wait and see first.

top topics

join