It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rolls Back Campaign Spending Limits. Dear God.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Supreme Court has just hawked a loogie, in America’s face.

Quite a crude statement by me, but I just couldn’t find a more refined way to describe their decision.

If this isn’t a wake up call, I don’t know what is.

Wake up America!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Excellent posts! How nice to see someone actually offer an intelligent, well thought out solution to this mess we find ourselves in.

But, as you can see from the "oh, that won't work because ......", people are not willing to give up their TV, recreational activities or whatever and actually put forth the effort to get educated and DO SOMETHING! Most would rather bitch, moan and blame the Republicans/Democrats/Corporations for all their ills. Everybody wants to whine and cry about this, that or the other, but they don't want to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY that We the People were given by the Founders. We have exactly the government we deserve because WE got lazy and complacent.

A while back somebody posted information on GOOOH (Get Out of Our House) and it got the same "Oh, that won't work, because blah, blah, blah". No, it won't work but not because of all the excuses people gave, but because nobody wants to get off their butt and do it. They would much rather just whine and moan here on ATS. It's pathetic!

This SC decision gripes me to no end, but what gripes me even more is the "Oh, that won't work" deadbeats. How many times have they said "everybody complains but nobody ever offers a solution". Well, the GOOOH people and you have offered a solution and what do we hear back "Oh, that won't work....."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You have to take your daughter off your avatar. That is unfair. Anyone disagreeing with you will look at that cute baby and say, damn, I cannot argue with that.

Lol. Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't stop people from not agreeing with me.

I just don't think people are understanding what happened. This isn't a shot to hurt liberals. This was a shot against legitimate government...and our country's sovereignty...yet there are morons on here who are stating blah blah blah....this is what liberals get for ruining the country.

Both parties trashed the country....but that has nothing to do with this ruling.

Many of the posts that I've ready are simply reflections of GOP rhetoric. People simply aren't getting it.

This country just took a large step towards Mussolini's Italy...where he appointed businesses leader to political positions.

This is essentialy what is now going to happen...only we have a choice between "two" corporate appointees.

Corporate Fascism of the worst kind...the international kind.

It's unbelievable really.

So go ahead people...go ahead and support your favorite CEO's and stockholders...the same people that have sent MILLIONS and MILLIONS of jobs to other countries.

I knew it was bad before...but now I will never be able to trust any election. Why vote now? WHAT"S THE POINT????

[edit on 21-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I think a lot of people in this forum are way overreacting. This idea that this decision somehow profoundly changes how elections in this country conducted and now, suddenly, corporations will decide all elections is absolute nonsense. This decision overturns parts of McCain-Feingold, which has only been around since 2002. Are you people really trying to say that all elections prior to 2002 were decided by corporate fiat? Do you really think that big businesses and special interests have been powerless to influence elections for the last eight years. Election financing will now be out in the open so that when corporations, or unions, or rich people like George Soros decide to give money to a candidate, everyone will know about it. No more hiding behind PACs or "bundled" contributions. And thank God that idiotic rule against "issue ads" within 30 days of an election is now history. Talk about crapping on the first amendment. This is a great decision by the Supreme Court that will benefit democracy enormously. God bless Justices Kennedy, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, and Scalia for having the wisdom to overturn this awful piece of legislation.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I do hope we at least have some good corporations to vote on from now on.

ok, as a liberal, I do not blame conservatives in general for this nightmare turned reality...this was clearly just some retarded judges probably getting a kickback. It has successfully destroyed both sides of the aisle and has assured that we will now forever be owned by big oil and firearms. how can you compete with a advertising campaign that reaches into the multi-billions for a candidate...every 3rd commercial will be how great Mr. sellout is and how rotten and crazy the other guy is until the people are simply brainwashed.

Well, at least alaska will be fine environmentally...part of saudi arabia's national security is to keep america hooked on oil and to do whatever possible to keep it that way...this removes the leash...both lefty liberal and righty neocon should be equally disgusted at this...this should be truely a unification point from the two partys and mindsets...anyone whom spins this as a good thing...crusify them.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Cute Baby even if her Daddy is a bit misguided sometimes.

On topic

I heard the details on the radio on my drive home from work. I just couldn't believe my ears. The bottom is a tad bit closer to falling out in this country.

Once again the little guy in America gets the shaft. [Corporate Shaft]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Keep in mind that the Unions, pressure groups like the Rainbow Coalition, ACORN, Siera Club, NARAL and the rest of the leftist organizations are now without limits as well. There are two sides of this coin.

First of all, unions have NOWHERE NEAR the amount of money that corporations do.

Second of all, they actually strive for workers rights, not against them.

Third, that whole ACORN thing was over-exaggerated and purposely taken out of context. Voter REGISTRATION fraud is not the same as regular VOTER fraud. This was also not some corrupt organization-wide thing, it was the employees who committed fraud who are guilty, not the organization. Also, the whole child prostitution thing was also over-exaggerated and audio was actually added into the video by the makers to make it seem worse than it was.

Fourth, there's nothing wrong with Sierra Club. And please don't mention that immigration ordeal... it's hardly damning.

Regardless of the other organizations/lobbyists this ruling opens elections up to- IT'S STILL WRONG!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

A divided Supreme Court ruled the ban on corporate spending for campaign ads violated the right to free speech. The ruling demolished the foundation of campaign finance laws. Jan Crawford reports.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This ruling does NOT exclude INTERNATIONAL CORPORATIONS. Some of them used to be American but they sent all of our jobs OVERSEAS. Many of these corporations are from CHINA and everywhere else.

IMO, That is the scariest part that no one really seems to be addressing. That and the fact that elections are now really auctions.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Cute Baby even if her Daddy is a bit misguided sometimes.

Hey now! Sometimes I can be wrong....I know that...we all are at times....but I'm not wrong about this one....and I am always sincere and honest in what I believe.

Everyone seems to be ignoring the influence international corporations will now have on our country. Conservatives who supposedly love their country are willingly handing it over to foreign interests.

I heard about this on the radio today at work as well. On the drive home I listened to Mr. Hannity. I initially thought he would be silent. Instead he applauded the move and said it was great that corporations could finally have a voice!

I am a conservative/libertarian and I don't understand how anyone could support a corporation having the same rights as a human being. This is insanity.

The longer this goes on...the more people who will become poor...and eventually the country will break.

In a time when the USA is hanging by a balance...we eat each other through ignorance instead of working against those that harm us.

Terrorists CAN wear business suits.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

IMO, That is the scariest part that no one really seems to be addressing. That and the fact that elections are now really auctions

That's what I keep pointing out but no one here is even acknowledging it. Do we really want CHinese and Russian companies MAKING OUR LAWS???????

My God people open your eyes!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No, we acknowledge it, but what are we supposed to do?

They are systematically removing the voter from the equation.

What is left? It almost seems like they want us to do something.

That is what is the scariest. What is left to lose?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Additionally, corporations are essentially run by their boards of directors, who seem to be mostly all the same people (from affluent and influential sectors), from board to board due to corporate inbreeding and back-scratching. How convenient. The elite have pretty much just run the table on us today.

Originally posted by endisnighe
What is left? It almost seems like they want us to do something.

Then I say let's do it. I'm done. It's just too over the top the top for me. I don't want my child to live like this with the CorpGov jackboot on his neck.

[edit on 21/1/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
hurrah for the court, free speech upheld !!!!!!

Ok it will likely be annoying, so much political advertising for a bit but in the long run this is a good thing.
Everybody can put their dog in the fight not the limited special interest groups like MSM.
I applaud this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We just bailed out Wall Street and large banking industries and now they will control every facet of our government.

The drastic turn for the worse our country has taken the last year is breathtaking.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This Supreme Court decision is not just a liberal or a conservative thing.

ANYBODY who objects to multi-national corporations ruling America should be concerned.

People who pay attention to conspiracies, especially, should be up in arms at this, the worst Supreme Court decision since Dred Scott in 1857.

Talk about an NWO. This is a giant step toward the annihilation of our democracy and the rule of the whole world by giant megalopolies.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chett

Everybody can put their dog in the fight not the limited special interest groups like MSM. I applaud this one.

Including Chinese Corporatoins, Russian Corporations, and all other foreign corporations. Yes....I want communists and corporatists who have sent our jobs overseas to WRITE OUR LAWS.

Our government has just been handed over to foreign interests.

Go ahead and keep applauding.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

No, we acknowledge it, but what are we supposed to do? They are systematically removing the voter from the equation. What is left? It almost seems like they want us to do something.

Right? I don't know. I am barely staying afloat right now myself. Unlike corporations, I do not have BILLIONS of dollars to invest in a politician. I can't afford to go to Washington..it's hard enough to feed my kid.

No pay raises...no benefits....little vacation...I'm stuck. I want to do something....but what can I do? I feel fortunate that I still have a job.

I'm bent to the will of the system....we all are...and I know it's going to get worse.

I simply cannot believe the 180 some people on ATS have made regarding Wall Street and the banks.

Just over a year ago EVERYONE was fuming...but now some think it's great that they have basically unlimited power to influence and control the entire political process.

Suddenly it's OK if the government is corrupt.

People have lost their minds to the endless rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Glenn "constitutionalist" beck is silent? Hannity is applauding this?? Really?? and their loyal listeners ignore the giant hypocrisy sign in the room?? Wheres Rush? Wheres freedom works??

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
hurrah for the court, free speech upheld !!!!!!

Ok it will likely be annoying, so much political advertising for a bit but in the long run this is a good thing.
Everybody can put their dog in the fight not the limited special interest groups like MSM.
I applaud this one.

Chett, bud, I hope your are drunk, joking or both... If not I hope you are Romanian

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join