It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ahh...c'mon...you know you watch it...or at least some do (it isn't a top-rater because nobody is watching)...

Personally, these audition weeks are really the only time I enjoy watching the show... It's crazy that some of these people think they can sing...(the really bad ones)...

After that, it's mostly the wife who watches, while I try to do something else...(but I know I'll get dragged to the concert each year, lol...) The concert is actually a pretty good production though, and she has fun as they sign autographs and such...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I watch

Actually the wife and I watch together. The auditions are really fun to watch.

I do like the competition too, however I think the voting should be taken out of the hands of the public. With the voting system, it's a popularity contest, not a true competition.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I like the show...auditions and competition. There is such good talent out there it's fun to see them develop...and you (I) can't help becoming invested in a couple.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This show should be canceled never to be scene again

er..seen*

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It likely soon will be, with Simon leaving, and Paula already gone...
Once X Factor replaces it....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Last night, had Avril Levigne and Katy Perry (sp?) on as guest judges... Both ladies were gorgeous, but man, they made SIMON look nice,

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

KP is very pretty, but what a Biatch.

If I was Kara, I would have smacked her a couple of times.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Was pretty funny watching Doogie Howser try to run the auditions, hehe....

"Shall we take a vote?"
"I have to disagree with Simon..."

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The "talent" is lacking this year. The only one I like is Lee Dyweez, I think that's how you spell it. I'm just not impressed....thoughts?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nobody is really blowing my socks off...

The one guy (the callback) really needs to go...(he should have gone last time)....

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Aaahhh yes Tim Urban. He does need to go, but VFTW has picked him as there front runner, so they're all voting for him to stay. I can't say that I blame them, they're all awful this season. Epic FAIL on the judges part.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
At least with last night's show, we saw some breakouts... Three girls blew it though, so I'm hoping the two that go are in that group....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The singers this year were exceptional during Hollywood Week, then they started to perform and most did mediocre at best. My favorites this season are Crystal, Big Mike, Aaron, and Siobhan. The others have not had a real wow moment and are capable of it.

I also think Ellen has been a very good judge, adding a different touch to the show. I also wonder if the show will survive without Simon as he is the glue that holds it together.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I do have to admit that I usually agree with Ellen's critiques...and I've always applauded Simon for keeping it real...(though at times, he's off his nut)..

Did you see Ryan get in Simon's face the other night?

Don't mess with the AntiChrist Simon....(yes, I'm convinced Ryan Seacrest is the AntiChrist)...
I swear, I think Ryan's eyes glowed red for a second...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That moment seemed so staged, though. I still can't believe Ryan Seacrest pulls in an 8 figure salary per season being as obnoxious as he is.

I went back to just catching the last few minutes of the elimination show now. No need to stay for the full hour with only one getting the boot.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yep, it's the king of STRETCHING a show...

I'm usually just online while it plays in the background, and the wife watches it. She rewound it for me to see the in your face moment, hehe...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I really enjoy listening to the people sing. Good or bad. We go to a local bar and listen to the Karaoke and it's so much fun!!

I have my eye on Siobhan Magnus. She's unique and holds my interest.

I was very surprised to see the 70's looking kid voted off. I thought he was much better than some of the others.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can't ignore American Idol! I'm an at-home judge!

I love it when they start getting coached and performing more professionally. I like Michael and Siobhan, but I think Lee and Crystal are the best.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I really wish they'd take the voting out of the publics hands.

It's a popularity contest not the talent contest they want it to be.

Or, have the public vote and that along with a panel of professional judges decide who goes or stays.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I do the Karaoke thing some too...mostly for the wife, who likes it much more than I do.

I'm a decent singer, probably decent enough for a ticket to Hollywood (If I wasn't out of the age range), but I'd never make it past Hollywood week I'm sure (probably not even the first cut)...

I tend to sing fun songs that the crowd likes... I kind of hate it when people get up and sing a crap slow song just because it allows them to "shine", while the rest of us have to endure a slow song...(especially if it's one of the Karaoke "standards")....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join