It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake Cayman Islands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just caught the tale end of it on the news this morning. can not find it linked on the web yet.

Wow that is three this last week now?

Hope this does not cascade and get much worse not that it is not bad enough.

Ama

Edit on title for spelling

[edit on 19/1/10 by masqua]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by amatrine]

[edit on 19/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Here's an article on the quake:

5.8 earthquake shakes Cayman Islands

A 5.8 earthquake shook the Cayman Islands, south of Cuba on Tuesday morning, reports said.

On Monday morning, a strong earthquake rocked Guatemala and parts of El Salvador, but no there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage in either country.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.0.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks. Thank goodness there was no damage with this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
you might want to edit the post and spell it "Cayman" i didnt know what camen was =P just s helpful hint

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's very unusual to see the Caribbean plate this active. Is there a report on damage? The depth of the quake is around 10 km.

Seismic Monitor: Caribbean Sea

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok, so I am not the brightest spark where seizmic activity is concerned, but is all this activity being reported normal??? Just curious..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Solomon islands have had 4 earthquakes in the last 24 hours ranging from 5 to 5.4? There seems to be a few, even yellowstone is having a couple of quakes only small though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Thanks, it just appeared to me either people where focusing on this more than normal, or a lot more activity than normal and in that regard I wasn't sure which way is up

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here's the latest report on the Cayman Islands earthquake ...

The U.S. Geological Survey reports a 5.8 magnitude earthquake has struck off the Cayman Islands.

CNN spoke with a person in Grand Cayman who said there were no initial reports of injuries.

A photographer told the Reuters news agency that the earthquake shook his apartment for about 10 seconds.

Monday a strong earthquake rocked Guatemala and parts of El Salvador, but no there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage in either country.
That quake hit about 60 miles southwest of Guatemala City, where it was felt by many residents. There were reports of shaking in the Guatemalan countryside and in El Salvador as well.

Thats all that was said about it on WPTV

[edit on 19/1/10 by Kellys]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I got to admit, i'm no believer of the 'man made' earthquake theories, but we do seem to be seeing alot in the last week or two in areas i haven't seen rumble since at least i've had equake in the last 6mo or so. Each morning i'm waking up going 'ok, where are they going to be at now?' whereas it was usually the same old same old.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Birth pains, my friends. Birth Pains.

Time is short.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Birth pains? i think its more like this,

Earth: what the hell are you guys doing to me? im pissed, im gonna move
and make your lives hell,

Us: oh hey cool lets put more pollutants in the air, and in the ground and everywhere, lets disrupt the whole entire flow of life, and create our own
disasters

Earth: you people who live on me are retarded,

seriously

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No more than usual really alot of people saying three in 1 week. Actually there has been 30 just today!

A great site to keep watch is
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah seems a lot lately. Makes me wonder though, the Norway Spiral, the Earthquakes, wonder what hurricane season will be like this spring.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

*sigh*

Do some end time research, and not just Biblical based.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was just looking at that site. There are two volcano's going off in Mexico near the Caymans, I wonder if that could be the cause.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by amatrine]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I got to admit, i'm no believer of the 'man made' earthquake theories, but we do seem to be seeing alot in the last week or two in areas i haven't seen rumble since at least i've had equake in the last 6mo or so. Each morning i'm waking up going 'ok, where are they going to be at now?' whereas it was usually the same old same old.

I have to admit that "man made" theories tends to go over my head a bit, as I don't feel mankind is quite at the stage of controlling mother nature

But I have noticed an increase in the reporting of seizmic activity, hence my question if this was in the normal range..

I hope all is well there since Grand Cayman it is on my list of places to visit before I kick the bucket

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by l neXus l

*sigh*

Do some end time research, and not just Biblical based.

i wasnt saying anything by it, i dont like biblical research, its to controversial to me
anyone can put something from the bible into a situation today, that doesnt mean that is what is being predicted, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Hey still spelled wrong LOL, CAYMAN
just trying to be helpful not mean

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A Fair few intellect newbie’s here TRUST ME it’s not birth pains or anything else that’s totally unusual. Alright the Haiti earthquake is not rare it’s just where it hit that was severe. The earth does not stop its activity for the likes of us!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join