It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

I like reading how you discuss this thing guys
But really, please enjoy it, don't be mean to eachother.
You both believe different things about an idea that can hardly be seen as realistic.

Tinker, don't fight.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

just to be pedantic - he does not have " time machine plan that works " - that would require a functional prototype

he has a claim of a plan that is , IMHO rather silly

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hmmm What fantasy.

Well on the up side maybe at 13 his interest in physics will lead him to do many good things in the future.

Anyway, you seem to be making quite a few points based upon posting complete nonsense... maybe I should give it a try lol ;p

All the best,

Korg,

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
In my my estimation, the one hole in the idea of travelling through time is this...

Say if you DID manage to send yourself back/forward in time by 1 day for example, your moment of departure would be at a fixed point in time/space, meanwhile, the earth is still maintaining its trajectory.

Whilst you reappear a day earlier/later than you departed, the earth has moved in relation to your fixed departure point and you are now floating in the vacuum of space.

Its like trying to reappear further down the road ahead by bailing out of a moving vehicle travelling along a highway toward that destination

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Time travel as an idea is ridiculous. Why? Because time doesn't exist.

Time is merely an conception, it is how we arrange events happening in universe by the order of appearance. More events takes place in our consciousness, the quicker the time seems to pass; less events, slower the time passes.

Time as a conception is an illusion. There are only causes and effects; we have commonly agreed that we measure "time" by the solar events, in other words, by the moon's revolution around the earth and earth's revolution around the sun. Think a time machine as an undo button of a computer program. Now there's a time machine for you, but it is impossible; because we cannot undo anything that has happened.

-v

[edit on 20-1-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Apparently my previous post was off topic..apologies to the OP if this was the case..in all honesty i cannot remember what i wrote in this particular post, no disrespect intended.

[edit on 20/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Yes..it has been theorised that time itself does not exist in the way that we perceive it, as a linear line from the 'past' to the 'future'.

BUT..

Is it a given, that because we have a skewed understanding, that we cannot use that flawed conceptualisation and work it, within the realms of that understanding?

In other words, we perceive time in the way we do, because our experiments and observations and experience of the phenomena leads us to that perception..regardless of the reality or validity of time as we 'understand' it or otherwise.

So, working within the framework of what we think we know about time, might it still be possible to manipulate the phenomena we label time, using physics and processes based on a flawed understanding? I think so.

Because we misinterpret something, does it necessarily prevent our actions (based on misunderstanding) from causing an effect on a phenomena?

We can still..'get lucky'.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Apart from the fact that this theory isn't ecen explained properly, or in an understandable way (to someone other than the person who wrote it), this is complete and utter nonsense.

It doesn't even warrant this reply.

I mean, how can a 13 year-old tell us about light that has been travelling in a straight line for thousands of years????

What does the length of time matter and how does that impact the theory!?!? THAT phemomenon isn't explained either.

I think I'll stick with the Doc!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There was a program I saw that looked at the wok of one scientist,who claimed that his "time machine" would work,but only for sending pulsed data through a vortex of laser light(created by mirrors).
He claimed it could only recieve messages that had been sent from the future,and only then if the machine had been powered up constanly.
He claimed that when it was turned on,it would begin to recieve data from the future.(imagine-data concerning future technology/warnings could be sent back to us!)

Its really bugging me that I cannot remember the guys name...The program had a(fictional) bit where they showed kids from the future on a school trip to the machine,and they were sending messages back in time...

Anyone know what it was called ?

It reminded me a bit of this kids idea with blue light and magnets.

Oh yeah,I was thinking that to find an ancient "beam" of blue light is quite easy-Just look up...The stars!
Maybe he accidentally sussed out not time travel,but interstellar travel?
That would be even better IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The chances of alien life are high but the chances of humanoid alien life are mute, basically 0

That is only true if you do not count the possibility of interplanetary colonization.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Humanoid as in human looking ? This is debatable, and no way fact. Other Earth like environment could evolve much of the same as our Earth.

I was thinking about writing a (long) post on Fermi paradox/Drake equation/ The other 9000 ideas surrounding them.

I thought the post would not get much attention here at ATS, Search Fermi paradox and you will see the subject gets derailed.

MolecularPhD, Obviously has different views on the subject. If he would have interest in such topic I would start writing one.

Warning:
My beliefs all follow the "assumption" humans and earth are not special in any way. (mediocrity principle) I know that might piss some people off ..

You have been warned

[edit on 20-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Why would that matter? An intelligent bird will colonize just as often as an intelligent dolphin or an intelligent human. The form of the species has no relevance to its ability to colonize and spread out.

In fact, if you take into the facts of expansive colonization, humans have an even weaker chance of success. This is because humans have morality and concern for themselves, slowing down their advance. In the 5 million years since our species broke off and began forming, morality and behavior modernity is only 50,000 years old. The human form itself is older than the "human condition"

ergo, in space, if there was a humanoid species, there is an overwhelming probability that they would be savage and enslaving other species, like that of the Reavers in Firefly. And such a species would be hated, and in turn, wiped out by everyone else.

of all the higher intelligent species of Earth, only man has been on a genocidal crusade to kill off or enslave every other thing on Earth.

You want to talk about probability more? because it ain't looking too swell for your humanoids.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

of all the higher intelligent species of Earth, only man has been on a genocidal crusade to kill off or enslave every other thing on Earth.
I think the main reason that all the other ' higher intelligent species of Earth ' haven't killed off or enslaved every other thing is that they don't have opposable thumbs. Oh, they are not that intelligent either. If man has tried to kill off or enslave every other thing on Earth, I missed it.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

I see a glaring fault with the young chaps 'Theory' it has to do with the very first word used i.e. IF If I had a billion $'s I'm fairly sure that I'd find that I didn't have time to time travel as I'd be exploring what is both real and present!

You know science is in trouble when they need a theory to back up another theory cue Quantum theory and all the rubbish that people have built a life time/career on.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Indeed you have missed much. They now know that dolphins are the second smartest things on Earth, and that they are as intelligent as human children. Bellow that is the common American crow, which builds spears and traps, and is a problem solver, much like early man. Bellow that are apes, our most common modern living relatives, who do similar things.

The list continues there on out pretty far. These species each have their own personalities.

Humans alone, and no other species, has spread across the world and done nothing but make the world its slave. We rape the Earth's resources, we exterminated Neanderthals because they were in our way, in fact we exterminated our own common species until only our tribe remained 50,000 years ago. The rest were starved to death because what resources remained we sucked away from our relatives. (and indeed, 150,000 - 50,000 years ago, there were many more than just us and Neanderthals).

The most comparable behavior of ancient man is the common crow, who actually has battles with other birds. 5 or more crows will invade hawk territory and hunt them down. They'll do this to squirrels, and even rarely a cat. They fashion spears to hunt down insects, they know traffic lights and their meaning, and they are extremely clever creatures. However they do not seek to exterminate and change the environment like we do. Dolphins, though smarter, have a radically different behavior. They are much like children, in par with their intelligence.

Thus, we will meet aliens. None of which will look like us.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Here is what I really missed.... A hospital for human patients built by our lovely, intelligent dolphin friends. There are animal hospitals built by humans. I also missed any crow-built lap-tops the last time I was at Walmart. My dog has a chip in his shoulder so we can identify him if he gets lost.... designed and installed by humans! You get my point. Since this thread is about time travel, I will end with a prediction. When time travel is finally accomplished on Earth, it will be by humans. Not dolphins. Not crows.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's part of a theory whereby once a sentient species evolved, it suppresses the ability for all other species to continue advancing.

The purpose is to take example of what's possible NOT here. Hence why we are using the term "alien". On Earth you are right, elsewhere you are not.

I'll make my own prediction. There's already been time travel by other beings. Beings not of Earth, and beings not humanoid. That was where the discussion was evolving into. The plausibility for other contacts and what may come about if this time machine works. Thus it is part of the original discussion.

So may I ask. What is the relevance of human built hospitals to the possibility of humanoids on other worlds? There is none. You just used a straw man fallacy.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
There was a program I saw that looked at the wok of one scientist,who claimed that his "time machine" would work,but only for sending pulsed data through a vortex of laser light(created by mirrors).
He claimed it could only recieve messages that had been sent from the future,and only then if the machine had been powered up constanly.
He claimed that when it was turned on,it would begin to recieve data from the future.(imagine-data concerning future technology/warnings could be sent back to us!)

Its really bugging me that I cannot remember the guys name...The program had a(fictional) bit where they showed kids from the future on a school trip to the machine,and they were sending messages back in time...

Anyone know what it was called ?

It reminded me a bit of this kids idea with blue light and magnets.

Oh yeah,I was thinking that to find an ancient "beam" of blue light is quite easy-Just look up...The stars!
Maybe he accidentally sussed out not time travel,but interstellar travel?
That would be even better IMO.

The guy is Dr. Ron Mallett and you can find an interview with him in this thread towards the beginning.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Holy crap! This article describes in detail a dream that I had about an extremely similar apparatus and what made me jump out of my seat is that in my dream the machine worked with a blue laser. I totally need to find a way to get in contact with him. Not sure if anything I saw might be relevant but I have time travel dreams all the time and each time the machine I use is something different although in this instance its the only one that actually looked like an actual time machine.

Anyone have any contact info?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

meh, don't feel too special. I and a few others have been drawing up similar designs for about a year and a half now. The kid is simply independently developing the same... because it's the best method! As for you, it may border on a confirmation bias. However, I bout his contact info is easily available. I suspect that perhaps you should try and assemble it, just don't blow up the Earth, friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join