It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947: The reason for the Cover-up.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I had just looked over the Roswell event in a different way recently.

The premise being Hitler had a free energy program in Germany
that brought in the Germany scientists.
So Roswell put a wedge between things in air and the people on
the ground working on the UFO saucers.
Everyone will point to the Air Force when Von Braun as head of
Army Ordinance, rockets and such, is working on the saucers
that will fly over the D.C Capitol in the 1950s to show off his
work. By 1955 the saucer and all of Tesla's works was an industrial
secret to this very day. Then by end of 50s VB saved the day
and launched a US Satellite and the got Disney to promote
men on the Moon which he may or may not have done.
He worked for Fairchild Camera that made the first integrated
circuits afterward as I recall.
Don't think VB came up with Roswell but his backers may have
to keep the Tesla technology he knew about secret.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Change the perspective a little bit. Picture that you are a Roman warrior at the height of the Roman empire. You investigate reports of a flying thing of some kind, seen by citizens. you find a crash site, and its a U.S. Nighthawk fighter. You look in the interior, and nothing makes sense...this thing represents something far beyond your capability. So, the Legion comes in, and hauls it someplace. Do you announce what it is, and show that somewhere, there is something greater and more advanced than Rome? Or do you hide it away, study it, and never speak of it.

I'd assume the Roman emperors would do the latter....and so did, (I believe) our government. Here was something beyond their understanding, and not of this Earth. These beings could seemingly infiltrate at will, and they, the US military, had no means of preventing it. Would this be something you announce? Hardly.

You nailed the exact reason why recovery of a flying disk would be classified. It has nothing to do with people "not being able to handle the truth" as is sometimes claimed, it's all about advanced secret technology. Not letting everyone know about it would be one motivation and reverse engineering the technology to keep secret from your foes would be another.

There's little doubt in my mind TPTB would classify such a find, and perhaps create a cover story.

However, if they have anything like that, I don't think they got it at Roswell IMO. Jesse Marcel described what he saw, a huge field of wreckage, with material very similar in quantity and composition to what mogul would have consisted of. I know people nitpick and say what he found doesn't match Mogul exactly and they're right, it's not an exact match but given how memories can distort over time, I find the discrepancies quite small and in fact the material he describes is a much closer match to mogul than to any "flying disk" as the headline stated. In fact I don't find a description of a disk or bodies from Jesse Marcel, and he's a key witness.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd read Nick Redfern's book on Roswell - "Body Snatchers in the Desert" - nickredfern.com... Dr. Michael Heiser has a good review of it which takes into account the critiques of Redfern's book in the context of the military global politics post-WWII:

www.michaelsheiser.com...

reply to post by James Random

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Personally I really do not know what to make of Roswell but oddly the best argument I have ever come up with for why such a technology would be kept from the public or of humanity itself is because of the potentials of a hypothetical warp drive. Its quite unlikely they would have reached our world without such technology and the best proof of such a technology is if UFO are ever real.
Not only could you delver nuclear weapons at faster than light but the worst is that we would then be in the playground of any such advanced civilizations.As is with sub light speed we can only play in our own door yard.Of course if you have done much web searches, reading etc then you know the more popular arguments for a technology like that are very thin at the present time .But think about this what would be the main thing that any alien civilization would not want humanity to have.Its certainly not sticks and stones or nuclear weapons.If you are stuck in your own dooryard you are no threat.

I have frequently tried to explain the idea of a warp drive as a bit like putting a space ship inside of a worm hole and then moving the whole thing around with the ship inside.Such an effect would be as if the whole rest of the universe were to have been placed into orbit around a black hole while you remain outside.Yes the alternative theory does predict white holes within our universe and that they will have similar properties so if none are found then this theory must be wrong.Of course if this were so then such alien spacecraft might be more like containment vessels for something strange and may not necessarily have the means to create it.Finding such a crashed craft might be like finding a broken flashlight with the batteries missing.

However I do have a web site that looks at this new theory and its actually more about how both time and space got created but it also leads to a theory on how some type of warp drive may in fact be possible alto that's not necessarily the reason the theory was started.Theory just led there.
Used to frequently post it in sci.physics etc and the theory was rarely refuted and originally much or even most of the time spent on the theory was trying to disprove it. Unlike most of what should actually be called hypothesis now, such as the big bang theory, do not give much in the way of testable predictions while this alternative theory does.

Go to the site if you are really interested in this and willing to learn some science but I have worked very hard to keep this as simple as possible so everyone can understand it but you may still need to look up more information on how time dilation works etc but hopefully you are already familiar with all that.

www.alttheories.com

Follow the link to the theory and after you have reviewed the page on that you will probably notice just how simple this theory really is and intuitively understandable it actually is.If you do manage this then ask yourself why has this theory been so overlooked.

I fear a conspiracy as this alternate theory does indeed lead to the possibility for warp dives technology. And yet such a very simple theory that explains in an intuitive easily understood way how time and space was created and also while being subject to falsification, qualifying it to be called a theory, and yet was overlooked.
Of all the very complex theories and this simplistic one works to explain so much so easily.Occam's razor favors it.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ultarnerd]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ultarnerd]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I just hope that we get a better explanation in the future that goes beyond the Mogul story.

Will it matter? The military has officially changed it's statements about what crashed at Roswell numerous times....so there is no real reason to believe anything more they claim on this, without much better evidence than they've provided so far. The biggest thing they need to explain is how ranking military officers could not identify the origin of the debris, and attested to it's otherworldly nature.

I don't buy that story. I definitely don't buy the dummies excuse either.

Considering Project High Dive (source of the dummies) was 5 years AFTER Roswell (and were most decidedly human mannequins in appearance), I wouldn't buy it either....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's why I don't buy it. The Gov. would have actually been better off refuting all the body accounts altogether, rather than to put the "Project High Dive" sticker on it. Basically, they raised red flags on themselves.

Getting back to the other excuses and the validity of a future explanation tho. I think that maybe there was a cold war experiment or something perhaps otherworldly. Maybe I am just an optimist, but I think it's not out of the question that the Gov. officially tells the public what it was or wasn't in the future. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Will it matter? The military has officially changed it's statements about what crashed at Roswell numerous times....so there is no real reason to believe anything more they claim on this, without much better evidence than they've provided so far. The biggest thing they need to explain is how ranking military officers could not identify the origin of the debris, and attested to it's otherworldly nature.

Considering Project High Dive (source of the dummies) was 5 years AFTER Roswell (and were most decidedly human mannequins in appearance), I wouldn't buy it either....

Gazrok,good point about the military -how many completely different explanations have they issued now?

There is a lot more testimony at the link below but these three statements stuck out for me:

"After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material I asked the base commander to personaly transport it in a B-26 to Major General Mc Mullen in Washington DC.
The entire operation was conducted under strictest secrey.The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press".
Brigadier General Thomas Dubose.
Commanding Officer of Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Affadavit 09/16/01

"We heard the material was coming to Wright Field. It was brought into our material evaluation labs. I don't know how it arrived but the boys who tested it said it was very unusual".
Brigadier General Arthur E. Exon

"They frequently saw them (UFOs) and then told me, I'm positive that there were three crashes by 1952".
June Mcrain -Wright Patterson Secretary 1941-1952
June 27th 1997 -Interview with Police Sgt Clarkson.

Testimony:

Witness testimony Affidavits

Francis Ridge also makes some interesting points here about the UFO flap of 1947:

Roswell & The Wave of '47 - Too Many Coincidences. Francis L. Ridge

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join