It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you provide me information regarding Jesus and spirtuality?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not a christian, But i do think there's more then meets the eyes when it comes to Jesus. I know very little about him but would like to learn more. For example I heard he spent a period of a couple weeks in a cave, possible by the dead seas? Which if you know about darkness tech. that he could have used that time to produce his own '___' to have otherworldly experiences. I also heard that he never wanted his teachings or whatever to be followed as a religion. So if there's anything possibly mystical about Jesus could you help me compile it here? I have very limited access to a computer so any help would be much appreciated.

In Love and Light, for all infinite blessings!

=)

[edit on 16-1-2010 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If you want to know about Jesus, try reading one of the four gospels (gospel means 'good news'): Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, in the Bible. You can listen to what others have to say about him, or read for yourself. They aren't long books. They can be found at the beginning of the New Testament.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I suggest you read the Bible. Beyond that, what you are going to get will be merely opinion and summary... that includes me. So, when in dought, go straight to the source. Start in the four Gospels of the New Testament...Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Jinx on you...LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
primarily it's what you feel that is correct. You need to read the bible first from front to back. inside and out.I perfer a study one. after that buy the gnostic bible and apocrypha (new testament ones not the catholic) Fallowed by midrash/pseidigrapha enoch giants etc etc (SP?) creation stories from the past like gilgamesh and the such to make it complete.

be sure to study all information and decide what's real and what is fake for yourself. the problem is that many of these are fake and very crazy. One of the gnostic books claim that Jesus had a twin. believe or not it's your choice. I say nay. but that's just me. freewill to you

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Like the others have said, the bible is a great place to turn because any one else will just give you an opinion. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to give you my opinion, so take what you will from it.

The very essence of Christianity is being "Christ-like", which in itself, like you have said, means not following a specific "religion". Jesus and God never intended on having a strict set of rules, other than general morales (no sex before marriage, no killing, love me, love your neighbour, ten commandments etc) but rather wanted to show people what it meant to live like a loving human being.

Jesus lead by example, and became our Savior by dying on the cross, fulfilling God's plans. This in itself has complex implications, but if you only have a limited time to read this, then acknowledging this is important whereas you can dive into the theology and said implications at a later time.

The whole idea when God created the earth and humans (by whatever means) was to develop a relationship with us, and create strong bonds between the human and our creator/Savior. Christ-like people are supposed to be benevolent, hospitable, and helpful to everyone, not just similarly-minded people.

All it takes to begin developing this relationship and the glorious and saving grace of it is simply prayer and acknowledgement. We all do wrong and have sinful human nature, Christian or not, but we must recognize that, and what Jesus did, and seek forgiveness and improvement. No human will ever be perfect, but God gives us strength in him through our relationship to strive to become better, sharing, and caring people.

I hope this helps! Good luck on your quest!

[edit on 083131p://666 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
One website you might enjoy. www.pocm.info...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Religion summed up in 4 words.

Its a complete fabrication.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
JESUS CHRIST IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM. BLESSES BE THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am no expert on the subject. I do however think Jesus was the greatest teacher to ever live. I think it's interesting, from what I know about Jesus is that he was most known in his time as a healer first and foremost. It was his healing works that won Him most his notoriety.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The best thing I ever did was open up to channeling. Jesus channels as Jeshua or Lord Sananda.

Google 'Jeshua channelings', you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it. What a wonderful entity.

www.jeshua.net...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by blujay]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

The best thing I ever did was open up to channeling. Jesus channels as Jeshua or Lord Sananda.

Google 'Jeshua channelings', you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it. What a wonderful entity.
Channeling is a way to invite demons into your life. 2nd line.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Only if you are dumb enough to forget to use protection as a channel. And if you are reading them and aren't using discretion, then again .. dumb, dumb, dumb. You have to know how to use your own gut.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Only if you are dumb enough to forget to use protection as a channel. And if you are reading them and aren't using discretion, then again .. dumb, dumb, dumb. You have to know how to use your own gut.

Oh! Thanks for clarifying that for me! So all we need to do is use a condo, and all will be fine!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I enjoyed a light read on the lightworker side. I see no how tos on the site. so for now I am at a crossroad with that website. No meditating information or astral projection which I figured it would offered. Than again perhaps the ego is making you do this

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would steer clear of Jesus for the sheer fact that there's too much negativity surrounding it today due to Christians and their evil ways via possession they claim is God. While the Bible Jesus was more than likely coded astrology referring to him as the Sun, there probably was a real 'Messiah' figure as well. He'd tell you to find your own path, not a books that impends your freedoms.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why would someone go to the trouble to post on a ats forum for spiritual help?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There's a lot of truth in these forums, you just have to pick and choose which is relevant like meditation, chakras, astral projection, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

For example I heard he spent a period of a couple weeks in a cave, possible by the dead seas?

There are a lot of stories. There really is no reliable information about his career before his baptism by John the Baptist, which apparently occurred when he was a mature adult. There is no reliable information about his preparation for baptism, either.

he could have used that time to produce his own '___' to have otherworldly experiences.

We all produce '___', it is a toxic by-product of tryptamine chemistry. '___' is a great insecticide.

If you want to have otherworldly experiences, then you sit down, shut up, and stay that way for a while. The trick is not to be overwhelmed by what spontaneously arises. '___' poisoning makes that impossible, you will be overwhelmed.

'___' has nothing to do with what there is available to arise. Posioning victims see the same things that others see under a wide variety of other circumstances. Borrow somebody's copy of the Red Book and look at the pictures. Same thing.

Assuming Mark is more or less correct, Jesus was baptized. During that ritual, he had a visionary experience. Shortly thereafter, he went into the desert (in Hebrew mythology, where someone goes to have spiritual experience). He had a visionary encounter there with Satan, in the Adversary's aspect as the power of the world.

Jesus would later impart a visionary experience, the Transfiguration, to three of his disciples, which included a reprise of some of his own baptismal vision (the Father expressing satisfaction with Jesus as his son) along with new material (the appearance of Moses and Elijah beside Jesus).

Bibles are all over the place, including off-line if computer access is an issue for you, and easily acquired for little money or even for free. Public libraries certainly have them to read onsite or to borrow, and as an earlier poster remarked, the Gospels are short.

Unfortunately, the situation is a lot like the game of Go. You can learn the rules in a few minutes, but it takes a lifetime to learn how to play.

You might also be interested in the Gospel of Thomas, which is not included in Bibles (generally), but has some scholarly support for being of similar reliability as the canonical gospels (allowance being made that our only nearly complete copy was obviously improved in the retelling).

Good luck with your inquiries.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
JESUS CHRIST IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM. BLESSES BE THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

So what your saying is someone born in a cell that isn't allowed to see the light of day ever becomes damned to live in hell?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join