It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you provide me information regarding Jesus and spirtuality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jwest06
I would steer clear of Jesus for the sheer fact that there's too much negativity surrounding it today due to Christians and their evil ways via possession they claim is God. While the Bible Jesus was more than likely coded astrology referring to him as the Sun, there probably was a real 'Messiah' figure as well. He'd tell you to find your own path, not a books that impends your freedoms.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, most Christians are very ignorant and negative, its quite sad that their goal should be to live Christ like but many aren't many do not even read the bible. They blindly follow the faith in hope to be "saved" upon death. Its even more sad that I try my best to live like Christ or Buddha and I'm not even a Christian. I do on the other hand follow the Laws of One. I also do acknowledge that I know nothing and i may be wrong in my beliefs, which is why my life will be a constant search for the truth through my many travels that i will embark on as well as my goal to learn astral projection and auric sight to help my quest. I will also always try to be of service and to spread awareness as it has been my nature of heart since i was a small child, I can't explain exactly why I have always felt this way but it is what it is. Just because its people are negative some of its teachings are repressive doesn't mean i should just throw the bible to the side, all the learning i can get i will try to acquire and use to the best of my knowledge and meditate on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

LOL, how are you so certain '___' is toxic? All i have read about it, states that it is relatively harmless, at most raises your blood pressure when smoked. If your worried about toxicity you should look at prescription and non-prescription drugs or most of our mainstream foods, especially from fast food restaurants. That stuff is really toxic. Besides who would go through the trouble of making an illegal substance just for insecticide that seems illogical.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
I'm not a christian, But i do think there's more then meets the eyes when it comes to Jesus. I know very little about him but would like to learn more. For example I heard he spent a period of a couple weeks in a cave, possible by the dead seas? Which if you know about darkness tech. that he could have used that time to produce his own '___' to have otherworldly experiences. I also heard that he never wanted his teachings or whatever to be followed as a religion. So if there's anything possibly mystical about Jesus could you help me compile it here? I have very limited access to a computer so any help would be much appreciated.

In Love and Light, for all infinite blessings!

=)

Please be VERY careful about whom you listen to.

Read the Bible? which one?

Jesus Channeling? Are you kidding?

Jesus is a real figure. He was born to a woman named Mary who was a virgin when she gave birth. Jospeh was not his true Father. Joseph was his wordly guardian.

Jesus is part of a trientity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost) who are 3 and one at the same time.

Jesus is a man and God. He was born to take away your sins. God punished the world for our transgressions and after he washed the world clean (Moses and the flood) he promised he would never do that again. So God gave his ONLY begotten son to the world. The son took all of our sins and he died to save us from ourselves.

He has very basic rules.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Foregive others.
Show him love by giving to others.

Let the nitpicking begin.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Great question....really!!!!

Star and Flag for you!

TLJC asked......

“’But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Peter
answered, ‘The Christ of God.’”

More here at a pennstate site: www.pennstateubf.org...

Notice the last line's link to your thread...

Who is Jesus? Most fundamental question of life. Not something that others can
answer for us. We must wrestle with it ourselves all our lives.

I wish you well in your spiritual journey friend,

OT

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I don't believe in sin, right or wrong. Only believing makes it so. To one culture your bad may be their good. Good and bad are just opinions. Which is why I don't believe in Heaven in the Christian sense. Also the God you speak of isn't the Original Creator, The one you refer to is earth. He's the jealous Co-Creator. Just as we are Co-Creators, we can be jealous too. We are all one, but I still wish to learn of Jesus and his life regardless. Then again we all know nothing, so we will find out when we die won't we?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hello, again 44.

... I still wish to learn of Jesus and his life ...

Yes, that was my impression of this thread's topic. So, when in the original post you remarked,

For example I heard he spent a period of a couple weeks in a cave, possible by the dead seas? Which if you know about darkness tech. that he could have used that time to produce his own '___' to have otherworldly experiences.

It seemed to me on-topic to point out why that was ill-founded. That is, briefly,

that there is no cave motif in the best known versions of the story,

that on the contrary, his visions are associated with open-air activity, especially in the desert, which is the traditional venue of Hebrew visionary experience,

and that finally, there was nothing in his practices which suggested any role for '___', endogenous or otherwise.

While what you have heard about '___' is fit for a thread unto itself, it obviously comes a few millennia too late to influence Jesus' practices. The technology of smoking refined '___' was simply unavailable to a First Century visionary. The point of discussing '___''s toxicity was to address endogenous theories. Disposal of endogenous '___' is why Jesus' dad made kidneys and livers, not brains.

Whatever kills insects on contact is insecticide. If you expect logic in drug laws, then you have been smoking way too much

You seem to be going into this investigation with an awful lot of baggage and preconceptions. Maybe it would be more efficient for you to search "historical Jesus", and look at a few things that come up. Maybe that will satisfy your curiosity about him more efficiently than trying to reconcile his perspective with your existing one.

Then again we all know nothing, so we will find out when we die won't we?

Atheists apparently dispute that.

Also, much of the point of many First Century religious practices was that "when you die" is too late. You need to find out in life, in some sense so that you'll know what to do when you die. You see that in other traditions, too, like the so-called Tibetan Book of the Dead, and arguably Buddhism generally.

Although there is much controversy about what Jesus' message actually meant to his original listeners, there does seem to be a lot of support for him advocating that you should have a spiritual transformation while you live. He did, and he arranged that his closest associates did, too. Let the dead, he said, bury the dead ( Luke 9: 59ff.).

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Hello, again 44.

... I still wish to learn of Jesus and his life ...

Yes, that was my impression of this thread's topic. So, when in the original post you remarked,

For example I heard he spent a period of a couple weeks in a cave, possible by the dead seas? Which if you know about darkness tech. that he could have used that time to produce his own '___' to have otherworldly experiences.

It seemed to me on-topic to point out why that was ill-founded. That is, briefly,

that there is no cave motif in the best known versions of the story,

that on the contrary, his visions are associated with open-air activity, especially in the desert, which is the traditional venue of Hebrew visionary experience,

and that finally, there was nothing in his practices which suggested any role for '___', endogenous or otherwise.

While what you have heard about '___' is fit for a thread unto itself, it obviously comes a few millennia too late to influence Jesus' practices. The technology of smoking refined '___' was simply unavailable to a First Century visionary. The point of discussing '___''s toxicity was to address endogenous theories. Disposal of endogenous '___' is why Jesus' dad made kidneys and livers, not brains.

Whatever kills insects on contact is insecticide. If you expect logic in drug laws, then you have been smoking way too much

You seem to be going into this investigation with an awful lot of baggage and preconceptions. Maybe it would be more efficient for you to search "historical Jesus", and look at a few things that come up. Maybe that will satisfy your curiosity about him more efficiently than trying to reconcile his perspective with your existing one.

Then again we all know nothing, so we will find out when we die won't we?

Atheists apparently dispute that.

Also, much of the point of many First Century religious practices was that "when you die" is too late. You need to find out in life, in some sense so that you'll know what to do when you die. You see that in other traditions, too, like the so-called Tibetan Book of the Dead, and arguably Buddhism generally.

Although there is much controversy about what Jesus' message actually meant to his original listeners, there does seem to be a lot of support for him advocating that you should have a spiritual transformation while you live. He did, and he arranged that his closest associates did, too. Let the dead, he said, bury the dead ( Luke 9: 59ff.).

Yeah but you did not have to smoke '___' to have the visions, you could self induce it by staying in the dark for about a week or longer. What baggage and preconceptions? I'm simply trying to learn. Yes I also believe it is part of my mission in life to find out before i die, but also I don't believe in death. I see it as an illusion, have a OOBE and see for yourself, I have.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah but you did not have to smoke '___' to have the visions, you could self induce it by staying in the dark for about a week or longer.

What on earth makes you think that has anything to do with '___'? Think it through - suppose you completely removed stimulation for a week from a sensitive part of your anatomy which cannot be further specified within the TOS of this site.

Do you not imagine that you will have an extraordinary spontaneous experience? Very easily the best of your life?

Or do you think that's '___', too?

Anyway, you've got a lot of CNS devoted to visual processing, just as a fair amount of it is devoted to >ahem< processing. Let either one rest for a while, and the processors will make their own work.

What baggage and preconceptions?

have a OOBE and see for yourself, I have.

I have never said on ATS whether or not I had.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

Originally posted by blujay

The best thing I ever did was open up to channeling. Jesus channels as Jeshua or Lord Sananda.

Google 'Jeshua channelings', you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it. What a wonderful entity.
Channeling is a way to invite demons into your life. 2nd line.

So where does the line get drawn? If I invite Jesus into my heart and seek him...is this not in a somewhat similar sense of channeling? I feel I have sought for the guidance of Jesus and was answered, but not in the traditional way that religions would think of an answer to come. Meaning, the nature of this 'Jesus' did not link to any religion...but it linked to a nature, which was humble.

So to me, your own nature influences what 'nature' you bring into you. Say for example, you have someone ONLY worried about self salvation. They arent so much concerned with the world of souls...but only their own soul and have a deep fear that its possible that they wont be saved. What kind of nature is this person seeking? Is it a 'Christ' (channel of God) or is it a devil (a channel of flesh). Isnt it really about what we are seeking? Are we seeking things of Spirit or are we seeking Earthly things like self gratification or pride?

The Bible holds both natures...of flesh and of spirit. Without discerning, even a 'seeker' of Jesus can be mislead.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hello there!

Wanted to give a bump to the thread and share a site I have used to study such things. Take it all as what resonates with your understanding of what the vibration of love and light is to you. But it will defiantly give you a broader horizon of your queries then just the Bible.

Something that may be of interests is that there is a large grouping of people that conclude Jesus never ate meat, never cut his hair, always taught outdoors, and went against the norm beliefs of his day.

Within the site I will link are ALOT of different readings of different times. There is one reading called the Gospel of the Holy Twelve...it is interesting. There is another called the Gospels of Peace (I get the feeling there is something in them you will enjoy).

When I am reading some of these writings....I notice the religious propaganda of the title 'devil' of which I have concluded this stands for a inner demon we all carry which is the result of our spirit being in the flesh with a unknowing of the most prime self. I dont see it as a 'separate' energy outside of us tempting us. This was something I had to resolve to read more into the writings acclaimed to the man Jesus and his life because I cant seem to get away from the fact that during those times, the 'devil' was somewhat of a new birthed idea that many gripped tightly and possible did not have spiritual understanding to what it really meant.

I believe Jesus was a great teacher...the greatest yes. He truly did not live for this life here....he lived for his life of Spirit. How many of us could do that...when our life of flesh sits on the line? How sure of himself he had to of been....to turn the other cheek in his actions and not only his words.

So excuse the ramblings....Here is a link...

www.thenazareneway.com...

Let me offer a example from the Gospels of the Holy Twelve...

Lection 49-The True Temple of God

1. AND the Feast of the Passover was at hand. And it came to pass that some of the disciples being masons, were set to repair one of the chambers Of the Temple. And Iesus was passing by, and they said unto him, Master, Sees’t thou these great buildings and what manner of stones are here, and how beautiful is the work of our ancestors? 2. And Iesus said, Yea, it is beautiful and well wrought are the stones, but the time cometh when not one stone shall be left on another, for the enemy shall overthrow both the city and the Temple. 3. But the true Temple is the body of man in which God dwelleth by the Spirit, and when this Temple is destroyed, in three days, God raiseth up a more glorious temple, which the eye of the natural man perceiveth not. 4. Know ye not that ye are the temples of the holy spirit? and whoso destroyeth one of these temples the same shall be himself destroyed. 5. AND some or the scribes, hearing him, sought to entangle him in his talk and said, If thou wouldst put away the sacrifices of sheep and oxen and birds, to what purpose was this Temple built for God by Solomon, which has been now forty and six years in restoring? 6. And Iesus answered and said, It is written in the prophets, My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations, for the sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. But ye have made it a house of slaughter and filled it with abominations. 7. Again it is written, From the rising of the sun unto the setting of the same, my Name shall be great among the Gentiles, and incense with a pure Offering shall be offered unto me. But ye have made it a desolation with your offerings of blood and used the sweet incense only to cover the ill savor thereof. I am come not to destroy the law but to fulfill it. 8. Know ye not what is written? Obedience is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams. I, the Lord, am weary of your burnt offerings, and vain oblations, your hands are full of blood. 9. And is it not written, what is the true sacrifice? Wash you and make you clean and put away the evil from before mine eyes, cease to do evil, learn to do well. Do justice for the fatherless and the widow and all that are oppressed. So doing ye shall fulfill the law. 10. The day cometh when all that which is in the outer court, which pertaineth to blood offerings, shall be taken away and pure worshippers shall worship the Eternal in purity and in truth. 11. And they said, Who art thou that seekest to do away with the sacrifices, and despiseth the seed of Abraham? From the Greeks and the Egyptians hast thou learnt this blasphemy? 12. And Iesus said, Before Abraham was, I Am. And they refused to listen and some said, he is inspired by a demon, and others said, he is mad; and they went their way and told these things to the priests and elders. And they were wrath, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy.

And a tid bit from the Gospels of Peace-

And they asked him in amazement: "Who is our Mother and which her angels? And where is her kingdom?" "Your Mother is in you, and you in her. She bore you she gives you life. it was she who gave to you your body, and to her shall you one day give it back again. Happy are you when you come to know her and her kingdom; if you receive your Mother's angels and if you do her laws. I tell you truly, he who does these things shall never see disease. For the power of our Mother is above all. And it destroys Satan and his kingdom, and has rule over all your bodies and all living things. "The blood which runs in us is born of the blood of our Earthly Mother. Her blood falls from the clouds; leaps from the womb of the earth; babbles in the brooks of the mountains; flows wide in the rivers of the plains; sleeps in the lakes; rages mightily in tempestuous seas. "The air which we breathe is born of the breath of our Earthly Mother. Her breath is azure in the heights of t heavens; soughs in the tops of the mountains; whispers the leaves of the forest; billows over the cornfields; slumbers in the deep valleys, burns hot in the desert. "The hardness of our bones is born of the bones of our Earthly Mother, of the rocks and of the stones. They stand naked to the heavens on the tops of mountains; are as giants that lie sleeping on the sides of the mountains, as idols set in the desert, and are hidden in the deepness of the earth. "The tenderness of our flesh is born of the flesh of our Earthly Mother; whose flesh waxes yellow and red in the fruits of the trees, and nurtures us in the furrows of the fields. "Our bowels are born of the bowels of our Earthly Mother, and are hid from our eyes, like the invisible depths of the earth.

A line from the Gospel of Thomas..

(62) Jesus said, "It is to those who are worthy of my mysteries that I tell my mysteries. Do not let your left (hand) know what your right (hand) is doing."

Do I think we have accurate depictions of Jesus? Somewhat...I believe if we discern natures, we see the light of God burst forth from this man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join