It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Brown Surges In Polls ! Democrats in Disarray!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Scott Brown has surged in the polls.
The GOP has incredible momentum.
Recent poll has Brown ahead by 4%!

Boston Herald Newspaper

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The heavy campaigning hasn't begun yet. Even if he wins, who's next to be bought off, excuse me bribed, excuse me, I mean threatened, no no coerced, I mean, ummm, who's gonna change ther mind this time?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What's he running for?

Any momentum is likely heading for a cliff: the GOP is a bunch of incompetent crooks, just look at the mess they made with George the Idiot and full control of the Congress.

Why on earth do people vote for folks who don't believe government can work? That's like hiring a firefighter who doesn't believe in the usefulness of fire trucks. Why do you thik Wall Street got away with years of scams and blatant criminality? That's what happens when you have regulators who don't believe in regulation.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The dems have already said they wouldn't seat him promptly enough for him to vote "no" on the health care debacle. It would still be nice to see this once VERY blue state turn red.

And let me beat them to the punch:
"I don't believe in polls. blah blah blah, they are all skewed blah blah blah"

[edit on 15-1-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Why on earth do people vote for folks who don't believe government can work?
Correction
these are people that believe SMALLER government works BETTER.

Bottom line message to government:
"GET OUT OF OUR WAY! WE WILL FIX THE ECONOMY AND HEALTH CARE WITHOUT YOUR HELP"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
The dems have already said they wouldn't seat him promptly enough for him to vote "no" on the health care debacle. It would still be nice to see this once VERY blue state turn red.

And let me beat them to the punch:
"I don't believe in polls. blah blah blah, they are all skewed blah blah blah"

[edit on 15-1-2010 by joey_hv]

That little trick won't work.
When Scott Browns landslide victory happens on Tuesday night,
the liberals will have to seat him quickly. Why?
Joe Lieberman will not vote "yes" if the liberals play games with
seating Senator Scott Brown.

The people of Massachusetts have spoken. ObamaCare is dead. RIP

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Smaller than what?

Smaller is not necessarily better. The size of the government actually must grow to meet the rising needs of a growing population, or it will become less and less efficient and prone to rationing services. this leads to government for sale to the highest bidder, which is what happened with Bush & Co.

That's one of the major problems Republicans have: they don't understand that government is not a business and shouldn't be run as one. In business, everything is for sale, including the business.

The other major problem with the business types who run the GOP is that they have no experience or love of either republican or democratic forms of government: mostly they run their businesses as dictatorships and are annoyed when someone tries to democratize it.

They are the main reason the country's in such a mess.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Anyone here commenting actually from MA? People are SO intent on opposing the democrats they'll fall for anything. Scott Brown seems like a nice enough guy from everything I've heard from around these parts but the GOP's answer he is not. His mantra of 'no rights for terrorists' is simply saying what he knows people want to hear. As a MA Rep he voted against lowering the state income tax despite running on a pledge to do exactly that. Look at his state record before you all start trotting him out as some breath of fresh air. Same old political BS from Brown.

He may well win on Tuesday. Not becuase he's right or will do jack about anything. But he's simply saying what people want to hear: I'll lower taxes, no rights for terrorists, no healthcare reform... He's solidly in the pocket of the GOP playas. People need to have a slightly longer memory. The rush to bash the Obama administration and democratic congress is doing so in the dark. Open your eyes. Lots of us are unhappy but at least we vet these people out before jumping on the bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I just heard that Nobama is now heading there [AP-Drudge Report]. It is a sure win for the Repbulicans now. I wish he could hang there all weekend to help even more. I can't wait to see the people show up where ever he is to SHOUT HIM DOWN.

ACORN and the Black Panthers are already on the ground-but-this time, it won't work. They'll get their butts handed to them.

Time will tell but I can assure you that BUS loads of minorities and other NON-MASS citizens are on their way to interject themselves YET AGAIN into messing the process up.

I sure hope there are plenty of Election Watch people around.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Shouting people down isn't exactly intelligent political discourse aimed at improving anything: it is a sign of a childish, selfish mentality demanding something it can't get with reasoned argument.

Sounds like a ignorant racist attitude to me, based on the other remarks. Sure you're not from the Deep South of 50 years ago?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You missed one important thing........I'm sure you're right in what you say, but you forgot, he's gotta get union members there, after his sweet heart deal with them on insurance. Itll be interesting to see how many voters turn up vs. how many are on the roles, or will we not get that info?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

It works for the liberals..........and I neglected to see the racist part of his comment. Care to explain where that came from?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by anon72

Sounds like a ignorant racist attitude to me, based on the other remarks. Sure you're not from the Deep South of 50 years ago?

HA HA HA!! I was wondering when one of you would bring up the race card...so typical!

You guys are so predictable.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

"ACORN and the Black Panthers are already on the ground-but-this time, it won't work. They'll get their butts handed to them.

Time will tell but I can assure you that BUS loads of minorities and other NON-MASS citizens are on their way to interject themselves YET AGAIN into messing the process up."

You don't find that racist in tone?

Blind as well, I see.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Conversely, could be construed as reverse racism, going to vote because a minority told them to...........hmmmm, seems that card has two sides. Nope, not blind, got my specs on.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The criminal reign of Barack (CSPAN) Obama is crumbling as we speak!

Whether the criminal Democrats in Massachusetts refuse to seat Brown in a timely manner or not, Government takeover of health care is dead.

Do you realize how many seats are up for re-election in the House of Representatives? All of them.

No matter how much the criminal Democrats bribe these people, to some it is not worth losing their seat over. They will look at a Republican taking over Kennedy's seat and finally realize that they actually better make a vote for the people instead of their criminal party.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The government grew larger under Bush than it had since LBJ.

What must the government provide you with something that you can provide yourself? Your state should provide you with your needs, not the Federal Government. The Federal government should only enforce the Constitution and then get the F out of the way.

I find it hilarious that a guy with a screen name of "apacheman" would be petitioning for more government intrusion, seeing as how that didn't work out too well for the Native Americans.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, coming from the South I am well aware of what it was like 50 years ago. It was a bunch of DEMOCRATS screaming about that REPUBLICAN Lincoln.

Why don't you crack open a history book?

Robert Byrd. Democrat. Former Klan Member.

Shove it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know much about this Brown guy....very little.

But Coakley, a Democrat, seems to be completely in the tank for Big Pharma and the health insurance industry.

Want to see who stands to profit from this bill?

Read this...it's been largely ignored on ATS...and the media which has mentioned next to nothing on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

No matter how much the criminal Democrats bribe these people

Many are criminals...yes...but so are most Republicans and I hope people don't make the same mistake they just made this last election...voting out of spite or the lesser of two evils.

This country simply cannot afford another mistake.

<<   2 >>

join