It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just thought we should talk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
About "reality". About "dreaming".

About the now.

About you.

Think about the dreamer, and the dream. And look at where you place yourself within this experience.

Remember the dream. The self. The you.

Well, where are you in this experience?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Life is not a dream.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yet, dreams are a part of life.

I can do one liners too.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I prescribe to the belief that "reality is in the eyes of the beholder." I don't know where I really fall into the whole mix of things. I feel like I am living in the third person most of the time, seeing myself do things, but unable to do anything about it (good or bad). My dreams are the best parts of my days, and I usually get my messages from the great beyond in this manner.

I don't where my "self" is at this moment. I could say that I'm sitting here right now typing to you and I still feel like I would be wrong. I know that I have lived many lifetimes, and I guess in order for my personal dream to be fulfilled I would be able to know the universe's knowledge. But until that day arrives, I suppose I will be in this half asleep half awake state of being.

Thanks for the thoughtful post. It helped me think a little bit about where I am.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I'm at the global center and internally within locally defined [by me consious or otherwise] event horizons, which border the sandbox that I'm metaphorically /virtually playing in for my own personal amusement! I approve on many many levels of the fabric I have woven around myself that binds me to my reality and I am mastering both being the model and the maker! Knowing I'm Noumena RULES!

Personal Disclosure: As a human Avatar of Hermes I have no problems with my inherent psychopomp abilities and these directly translate into the realm of Dreams! Going to sleep is like crossing the river styxx and the dreamscape is not that far different to Hades at all. Thanks for the opportunity to talk personally on this issue and please feel free to ask me any questions regarding my post that is on topic!

P.S. Waking up is like being ressurected and reborn anew! Please don't forget to pay the ferryman [Pssst His name is Charon OK!] of your Dreams, as who wants to wait a thousand years to just get to the other side!

Hail Eris. Hail Achlys. Hail Hermes.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Horizontal time and vertical time intersect in the mind.

Horizontal time = that which we perceive as changing...our progression from youth to old age, the passing of each day, the journey down a "road" or path from one state to another.

Vertical time = that which is unchanging, stainless, eternal. The Dreamtime, to use one cultural metaphor that involves "dreaming." The world of eternal archtypes, and beyond it, the infinity/zero.

We experience BOTH in every instance of our existence. We are both moving in horizontal time, and yet there is a quality of stillness in each moment that is the gateway to eternity. Like a man walking along a path under a stainless, cloudless blue sky: He is moving along a path (horizontal), yet at each moment the sky remains the same (vertical). And ultimately, the atmosphere is not "above" the man...it extends right down to the earth, touching it and intermingling with it.

The human mind stands at a nexus where we are able to perceive both aspects of reality: The ceaceless change and the unceasing changlessness. Aren't we lucky to have this opportunity to experience such an amazing thing? Each moment, we have our cake and eat it too...if we only let ourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have awakened in the temporal reality, but still wait for the eternal morning sun to settle me in to my eternal body.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Normally in my dreams I find myself in buildings searching for nothing. When I look outside, I usually see that it's night time most of my dreams, either running away from something, or getting lost, or finding out that my car or whatever got stolen. I had a few dreams of when it was daylight.

I also have had some pretty stormy dreams. Low, low to the ground thick purple storm clouds, green lightning everywhere. Seen multiple tornados come out at once. Hmm also an iceberg invasion.

I had many dreams of UFO's, and advanced technology ones.

Apparently I what I remember on the futuristic dream is that. It was foggy out, had trouble seeing where I was going. And I was walking on this runway, and this ship with bright LED lights came towards me. I was like holy crap. And then I got lifted and sucked into this ships engine.

Not all of the dreams were bad. A lot of them were good, and funny. I remember mostly the bad ones. Or the ones that I really like. I really like the dream of where I visited "The Damn You Hotel." had all my buds in it.

But where I am in this reality to my dreams that I have, feels oddly familiar. I have experienced some of the things in my dreams that I haven't even experienced or seen in this reality. But I feel that I actually experienced it.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Life is literally what YOU make it for yourself.

It can be anything and everything.

To me life could just be an endless onslaught of challenges.

For Barbie it is a fashion show.

Yadda yadda.

Life isn't any one thing. Life is just an opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Some won't understand.

I'm am right now in a place of learning, and deep understanding. i feel not much emotion, good nor bad, if any its good, becaue of my place of observation. I truly see we get to choose how the situation affects us, weather we want it good or bad. When you see this, you can't help but play around

I guess it is about time for me to start truly getting back on track with accomplishing something. laitly i have just been staying where i am because of the happiness it brings. somehow my mind always tries to tell me this is as far as it is, until i decide to take another step.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I have walked away from self

I have walked away from self indulgence

I dream the poem of Shiva!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Some won't understand.

I'm am right now in a place of learning, and deep understanding. i feel not much emotion, good nor bad, if any its good, becaue of my place of observation. I truly see we get to choose how the situation affects us, weather we want it good or bad. When you see this, you can't help but play around

I guess it is about time for me to start truly getting back on track with accomplishing something. laitly i have just been staying where i am because of the happiness it brings. somehow my mind always tries to tell me this is as far as it is, until i decide to take another step.

You wrote: "I truly see we get to choose how the situation affects us, weather we want it good or bad."

Let me pose a question: How do you think your current state of equinimity would be impacted by severe physical pain? For example, if you broke your leg. Would you be able to "choose to see" the pain as good?

Not attacking -- just asking.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Each of us are students of reality. The fundamental truths of what that reality is, is stitched into each one of your lives. You exist, I exist. We have existed and that life was a dream within a dream.

Each of us conquering it in relative subjectivity. Each of us, a dreamer.

I bow down, I must confess. What an honor to be.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have no philosophical response to this question unfortunately. I am at my desk DEFYING the laws of physics though. I'm still floating on "cloud nine" a week after Alabama beat Texas for the National Championship!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Hey CBS01,

I am an inward thinker. Sure, I look outside and inside. I see this reality, and I see the dream. It's profound meaning is just relative to yourself. It's the same thing you wake up to, only different.

My avatar does speak for it's own truths.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Ever read The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Leguin? One of my favorite books in general and an amazing exploration of the nexus between dreams and reality. Highly recommended. Something tells me you might like it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Ever read The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Leguin? One of my favorite books in general and an amazing exploration of the nexus between dreams and reality. Highly recommended. Something tells me you might like it.

Thanks Silent Thunder,

I have not read this book. The wiki page does indicate a very intriguing read.

Dreams are an area of study for me.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I usually go through periods where I don't remember a lot of my dreams to periods of remembering them, and the ones I remember are all very vivid.

I dream alot about animals, but they never make sense to me. For instance, one time I dreamt that I was at the bleachers of my old gradeschool and I was fighting two wild dogs and a bear. Then all of a sudden, they turned into these beautifull women and we walked off together. Then I woke up. I'm sure there's some deep symbolism or something, but I don't know. I've also dreamt of fighting dinosaurs and being chased by bulls and other crazy things too. Animals dreams are allways pretty wild.

I also had a theory recently about how we percieve time in dreams. It has to do with what Einstein said about how when reaching the speed of light, time slows down, but it would seem that time is passing normally to the person who it is happening to. Anyways my theory is that when we dream, we enter into another plane, or astral travel if you will, and on that plane our illusion of time speeds up so that what we percieve in our dream is a day is in reality only a few minutes or hours. Hope that made sense.

Also to add to Silent Thunder's reccomendation, you should also check out this book called Time And The Soul by Jacob Needleman. Very interesting read. It's short(I read it in one day), but it really makes you think and ask questions that are worth asking.

join