It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has CNN and Dr. Sanjay Gupta lost their damn minds?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Why assume he is NOT helping?

You guys are fu^&ing ridiculous, stop for a moment and think maybe before posting.

I just saw him helping children for 30minutes, one with a broken foot and another with a skull inujury.

You can follow his tweets here:twitter.com...

I'm sure he's doing a hell of a lot more than your fat ass is at your computer.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Journalism is very important - it may not seem like they are aiding people but they are aiding people more than some people that ARE pulling people out.

Through their reporting, they are showing the world how desperate a situation Haiti is in, and encouraging donations.

With their chronicle, it gives us a record too that we can look at and learn from after the fact, maybe during it.

Besides, I woke up in a warm bed and am eating my soup and petting my cat while watching it all on tv. I only gave a bit of money and hoped it helps. I didn't go help myself. Who am I to condemn?

I've been watching Euronews as well and i feel the same compassion for the people in haiti.
Forget it!!!You don't understand.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh

Why assume he is NOT helping?

You guys are fu^&ing ridiculous, stop for a moment and think maybe before posting.

I just saw him helping children for 30minutes, one with a broken foot and another with a skull inujury.

You can follow his tweets here:twitter.com...

I'm sure he's doing a hell of a lot more than your fat ass is at your computer.

OOooooh ,the tweeter...
Marvelous
The guy even has time to socialize and promote himself.
Ridiculous!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Wow, a cable news network exploiting a tragedy for higher ratings?

It isn't only cable news networks. In 1985 a Florida television station's helicopter was the first to arrive at a capsized boat in the Everglades. They filmed a man drowning ten feet away from their helicopter. They never tried throwing a line or a cable to him or lowering a skid and towing him to shore. As a matter of fact they wouldn't get out of the way so that a Coast Guard helicopter could lower a hoist cable. During an investigation the statement was made that "they were there to report the news, not to influence it.". At that time they had violated no laws, the laws have since been changed. For a while after that we kept a 8 foot section of heavy chain in our helicopters. If that ever happened to us, we were going to drop it into the news helicopter's rotor. I fumed about that for years, until the 1994 California earthquake. NBC's pilot threw the reporter and camera crew out of his bird and started flying medevacs. He turned on the interior camera and started giving commentary while flying, several times killing the camera when a passenger took a turn for the worse.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The guy even has time to socialize and promote himself

Ya 1 tweet that took approximately 15-20 seconds. Twitter is an important tool for doctors (and other important people..aka not you) sharing info especially when essential services are down. Its not about marketing its about communication.

What the # have you done for haiti?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh

The guy even has time to socialize and promote himself

Ya 1 tweet that took approximately 15-20 seconds. Twitter is an important tool for doctors (and other important people..aka not you) sharing info especially when essential services are down. Its not about marketing its about communication.

What the # have you done for haiti?

Important like you.
I'm not important,i'm scum but i'm a human being aka not you.
I know what tweeter is but in my profession i need to be focused and don't like to be disturbed so i don't fuk up!Nah mean?
I've donated 500 euro.What have you done???

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Erm, you guys know that he probably has someone type his tweets for him right?

In any case, I highly recommend that some folk do a little googling on "journalistic ethics" and "medical journalism ethics." For better or worse journalists/reporters aren't supposed to get involved in the story they are covering in the first place. Plus as has now been shown he is helping.

Like I said earlier I never watch teh CNN, but where is all this animosity coming from?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
May i remind you...

www.youtube.com...

At 7:03 it's just hilarious

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"Never let a good crisis go to waste"... You think we are so fast to send aid there because we care? Our .gov and TPTB are salavating all over this.. "yay another country to build our empire" Id like to know what kinds of de-population drugs are in the "medicine" that they so kind hearteldy want to give these people.. Screw the American people and the homeless here.. this is a golden opportunity to cash in and test our new drugs/toys.. Just think, just a tiny fraction of the money they are using for this, could save american's from this reccession/depression... Their motive is NOT to help.

Deebo

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Deebo]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Erm, you guys know that he probably has someone type his tweets for him right?

In any case, I highly recommend that some folk do a little googling on "journalistic ethics" and "medical journalism ethics." For better or worse journalists/reporters aren't supposed to get involved in the story they are covering in the first place. Plus as has now been shown he is helping.

Like I said earlier I never watch teh CNN, but where is all this animosity coming from?

Well...you must watch and feel.It's a sad show.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This should shut some of you up:

"Many have asked: of course, if needed, I will help people with my neurosurgical skills. yes, I am a reporter, but a doctor first."

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

That's twice now:

"feel" not "fell"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

That's twice now:

"feel" not "fell"

Thanks for the correction

Have some patience

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Medical licenses? That's funny.

Do you really think all those US Navy doctors on the USS Bataan and the USS Carl Vinsen are licensed to practice in Haiti? I doubt anyone cares who is licensed where. They need all the help they can get.

For what it's worth, Sanjay Gupta is licensed in Georgia and it's valid until 2011.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree with the few posters who really thought about what they wanted to say before typing^^.

I believe Dr Gupta is doing everything he can. He is contracted to be on screen, but every time he comes on he doesn't look freshly pressed and cool here, it seems like some of you think he's chillin in a trailer getting massages and 4 course meals. Sometimes the cynicism here is really depressing.

A man who becomes a doctor usually has some desire to help people. I highly highly doubt that doctor could just smile for the camera and ignore what is happening around him. Have you guys lost all faith in human goodness completely? If you had even one thought of wanting to help there, I guarantee you the reporters have too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sadly, yes I am serious. I had a take a basic cpr class a few years back, we were flat out that if our certification ran out and we did not renew not to perform it and to always have it in your wallet to prove you know the procedure. Granted, I would have anyway but that's besides the point. Even if you save someone's life and cause no harm to them you can be sued because you aren't "certified" to help someone, crazy as that sounds it has happened in the U.S.
Who knows, maybe he was assisting those in need off camera.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And have any of you stopped to think that maybe they sent Dr. Gupta BECAUSE he is a doctor? it's not like CNN has a lack of reporters, but they sent him. And he has been seen working his ass off with triage and what he can do with such limited supplies. Honestly, some of the opinions in this thread make me ashamed to be part of this community. I THOUGHT we were rational, intelligent, adults- but some posts here sound like jealous spoiled kids with nothing better to do but make fun of people.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky
I have been watching CNN for the last few days and they have Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper reporting live from Haiti. So instead of having Dr. Gupta do his duty as a doctor, they have him running around explaining how he is surrounded by the sick and dying. WTF?

Shouldn't CNN just say "Hey Sanjay, we got this. Now, go and help those poor dying people out." Of course not. I just watched him help ONE little child and they made it out like he was a saint. WTF?

How about helping out as many people as he can and screw the reporting.

Has CNN and Dr. Sanjay Gupta lost their minds?

Funny you should point that out because he actually was helping the sick and injured. I believe it was the second night, I tuned into CNN and they were mentioning how since a lot of the international doctors hadn't arrived yet, he indeed was helping out. He helped with a 15 day old child, if i recall correctly.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I get what you guys are saying and I agree.

BUT

If he HELPED ONE PERSON, thats GOOD ENOUGH.

How many people DID YOU HELP?

Sheesh guys, do you even realize how hypocritical this can easily be seen as?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lippJ

Heres a video of him helping the child.

I honestly see true compassion in his eyes. And I hear it in his voice.

Guys, just because he works for the MSM, this does not automatically make him a bad person.

He is misinformed about a lot of subjects, and tows the official line, but when push came to shove he actually DID help someone.

He does not suck as bad as you guys think.

Today for once, I will give the good Dr two thumbs up for ACTUALLY doing something!!!

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join