It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA searches staff after cocaine found in space shuttle hangar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

NASA searches staff after coc aine found in space shuttle hangar

rawstory.com

Some 200 NASA employees were tested for coc aine Wednesday after the agency found traces of the substance in a hangar where maintenance work is being carried out on the space shuttle Discovery, according to news reports out of Florida.

According to News Channel 13 in Orlando, a NASA employee found traces of coc aine in a plastic bag in a hangar at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Now this could prove interesting . I wonder if we will hear any follow up report as to how the employes tested ?

If it is proven that one or more employes have used coc aine one could assume that Discovery will be checked from top to bottom with a fine tooth comb for any faulty work .

We may even see some hefty charges being laid against any that test positive . Having said that , it may prove very difficult to link the " trace amounts " to any one person based on a positive test result . Just because someone tests positive doesn't prove where or when the drug was taken . Nor does a positive test result prove that these " trace amounts " were the property of any person who tested positive . Don't get me wrong , it won't look good at all and any person testing positive will be in a lot of trouble but that still doesn't " prove " there link to this bag .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Totally Spacey!!!!

Good to see that with the crap budget Nasa is actually given for the most important thing the human race can ever do.... they are finding ways to get into Orbit without any genuine support...

What I have to wonder... is WTH the guy doing Blow at Nasa is actually thinking? Because you know... that's what i would think if I was about to help launch a shuttle.... " a lil Blow might help me focus"

I don't believe in drug laws... but the guy who was snorting enough coke to leave it laying around on a desk at Nasa...

That guy deserves a face smack.... hard... DOH! Because idiots like that are the reason drugs are illegal...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those aliens are a brand new market. Gotta get a jump on opening up the trade to new consumers.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Damn, you beat me to it!

"No sir! We bought it in orbit from a passing saucer. They said it was good stuff from Uranus."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Under what law are people being tested?

Just because someone "found" a baggie with traces of what is purportedly coc aine, how does that justify mass screenings?

Mention drugs or sex and some people seem to lose their minds.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's just space dust

Seriously, did someone drop a dollar bill on the floor? How much is "trace"?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

imagine if we got them hooked on earthly drugs. they would be our slaves!!!

maybe thats wat really goes on. and why they have kept out of the public eye..the goverments control them with our drugs..

[edit on 14-1-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Just because someone "found" a baggie with traces of what is purportedly coc aine, how does that justify mass screenings?

NASA is under the defense banner. That should answer that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

NASA is under the defense banner. That should answer that.

Not to mention that most employers have a clause in their employee contract that says that the employee may be subjected to random drug testing at the request of the employer.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Good question , my guess would be that each employe signed a waver to allow such testes when they were first hired .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

They're screening people because someone who's wages are paid for by the taxpayer has been caught taking coc aine and screened people have nothing to hide!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let us say they find nothing wrong with anything.

Does that mean coc aine may not be a detriment?

All drug laws need to be repealed. I am a human being, not a child, and I do not need the government to make all my frelling decisions for me.

Besides that, I bet it made em work real fast.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

So why aren't all cops, members of Congress and virtually all bankers being tested?

After all, coc aine has been found in virtually every place they work in or frequent.

edit to add:

Are the NASA supervisors being tested, too?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by apacheman]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I hope NASA knows what they are doing here! - This could be a pandora's box they are opening!!

Yhea OK snorting coke while working on a billion doller machine on which live depend (and maybe many lives should the thing decide to come down in a populated area!) - Yhea that's dumb, some one may have a real coke problem and that needs to be addressed...

But many many more very good employees may in their own time and very responsibly - well as responsibly as possible for a controlled drug - take drugs such as cannabis, coc aine or other rec drugs... What are they going to do? - Automatically fire and basically ruin a great employee for a positive test? - Because just because someone abstains from something doesn't automatically make them a smarter person... They may be swapping out good people with OK people. - Seen it happen (not in high level jobs like that tho)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It warms my heart to see such reasonable outlooks on recreational drug use here at ATS. The person doing it at work was a tool if that turns out to be the case but the drug war is rediculous and redundant.

End prohibition!

End of rant.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure , someone is kicking them selves in the ass tonight .

One other thing that can't be proven by trace amounts in some bag , there is no way to prove where the drug was taken . It only proves that something was in the bag and the bag was then found unattended on the property .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

One thing will be on the bag almost certainly - finger prints! - What's the bets they will run the prints?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They will probly discuss testing people for a couple of days then begin testing but by that time it will be out of everybodies system and no union workers or contractors will be in trouble end of story.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Clearly the War on Drugs is not just International but Inter Galactic!

Reminds me of Deep Purple's "Space Trucking, we're all going to go Space Trucking so come on".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join