It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death: The Secret You Need to Hear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilocybernaught
I love this guy.....He makes about three or four posts about, whatever, his agenda may be...And then when too many people refuse to simply take everything he says as fact, he then goes to devote a whole thread to the perception of truth....LOL

"The truth is no person knows the truth. Truth is based on acceptance."-Unleashed68

=> And He wants everyone to "accept" his "truth" ha.....and i can see why alot of people have....Sure alot of his stuff "sounds" good...and may, "resonate" with alot of the good people here on this wonderful site.

But there is and old saying that goes, "Believe nothing you hear...and only half of what you see" and in this guys case, i wouldn't even bet on the latter...

If one really wants to experience the depths of reality, i suggest doing so with the aid of certain entheogens...Drink some ayuasca, take some ibogaine, pop a couple boomers...

But dont look to an outside source like "mystery men" in discussion forums who "claim" to have all the answers...

"read it and weep" he says.....

Im sorry to say unleashed68 but i think you may have the loosing hand.....You shouldn't have went all-in before the flop

[edit on 13-1-2010 by psilocybernaught]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by psilocybernaught]

Are drugs really necessary to know the "T"truth?

Can you imagine Socrates smoking a pot?

My belief is that truth comes from within... outside things may be mere tools. Or maybe crutches.

Anyway... many people are self-appointed urban shamans and guru these days...

The secret is to believe ones own BS.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Who is the villain and who is the victim? The answer solely depends on which of the two parties you ask, and I can assure you, both will claim to be the victim, simply because the basic nature of the human will not allow themselves to see their own person as a villain."

beautifly composed. It's all about perspective

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I fail to see how you can view truth as something subjective. If I were to drop a ball it would hit the ground, and therefore the TRUTH is that it hit the ground. Now you can believe that the ball flew into the air, exploded, reformed, and disappeared...but that doesnt change the TRUTH, only your BELIEF. People can choose to believe whatever they want, but there is always an underlying solid truth that cannot be changed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, if your body does something evil, it's O.K but if it's done on a soul level, not O.K
Our spirits have free choices, and are not always pure, but again, isn't "purity" a "human" perspective?
Since our Souls were created with this abilty to "fault", was it intentionally created this way by the creator or not? and if so, why?
Wouldn't it be lovely if we all lived in a World were everything is beautifull and harmonic, were we all are loving to each other and Lions gouch on pumpkin soup......... or would it?

Without opposites, there can be no excistence - THRUTH

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One thing bothers me when he brings up nature vs nurture. He ignores nature and completely subscribes to the belief that we are strictly a product of our environment. Thats simply not the case. It's a fact that your DNA determines a lot of who you are and who you can become as a person. And to ignore that fact simply to support a dilluded agenda is irresponsible. You strike me as someone who is writing the longest suicide letter of all time. That seems to be the tonality of your posts.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Once again, another great read my friend. Thanks for the time you spent on this and other threads.

Also thank you for giving several of the members here a chance to expose themselves for what they really are. It is nice to know who your detractors are, same ones everytime too.

Let the mudslinging begin.

Mods, why do you let this happen? Care to answer???? Nope, thought not.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ravhen

truth is subjective. It always has been and always will be. Very difficult to wrap your mind around at first but I would emplore you to try.

The word 'truth' is only a word and that is part of the problem right there.

Before getting into a heated debate about truth being objective or subjective let's first define the damn word to begin with, then we'll go from there.

I await your definition....not Mirriam Websters, YOURS.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

"Are Drugs really necessary to know the truth?"

=>Necessary no, Altered stated of consciousness can be brought about through fasting, meditation, extended rhythmic dancing, and various other practices. Thee, PLANTS, can be used as a way to accelerate the process.

Can i imagine Socrates Smoking pot?!

=>Sure i can!....I can also imagine what a Pink polka-dotted elephant would look like dancing in my bedroom....But in all seriousness I believe Socrates and a good majority of other philosophers were shroomers.

"My belief is that truth comes from within... outside things may be mere tools. Or maybe crutches. "

=>Right....But what does that mean exactly? Im not quite following you.

"Anyway... many people are self-appointed urban shamans and guru these days...

The secret is to believe ones own BS."

=>I think its absolutely fantastic that people are becoming more, and more drawn to, "spiritualism", ill say. Weather its using plants, meditating, or what have you, Im pretty confident in stating that it would be for the greater good of man. To be a true shaman takes more dedication than a working man is allowed to have in America however lol

"The secret is to believe ones own BS."

=>But didn't you also say that the "T"ruth comes from within?

Again, you have me confused....Im not sure if what you said came from the, "T"ruth, from within that you were talking about....

.......or your own BS

[edit on 16-1-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by psilocybernaught

Psilocybe manifests an altered perception (as well as several other substances within the mushroom(s) depending on species) but it does not neccesarily mean enlightenment and in some cases can cause openings in the energy or unethereal body that may expose the entity to negative influence(s).

Psychadellic substances should be used in a controlled and goal-like manner to obtain certain results that are planned on before frying/tripping/whatever else may have you.

Back to the original topic:

Conciousness exists before and after the incarnation. All entities are entities of infinity and are eternal.

This incarnation that you now enjoy to experience and learn was chosen by you for the lessons and experiences that it has to offer.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
* Note: do not believe the words below...

Truths and lies are part to the polarity of human consciousness. In cosmic terms, there is only reality. Truths and lies are part of the inability of the mind to ''KNOW'' on his own, without any outside influence.
Influences and manipulations are part of the problem mankind faces. Truths and lies are spiritual in nature, meaning they need the belief phenomena.
Remove all the belief systems from the memory of the human race, and truths and lies are no more.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

"Psilocybe manifests an altered perception (as well as several other substances within the mushroom(s) depending on species) but it does not neccesarily mean enlightenment and in some cases can cause openings in the energy or unethereal body that may expose the entity to negative influence(s)."

I dont believe i was inplying that the use of Mushrooms, or other plants, would automatically bring one enlightenment. I was only saying that they alter our perception of reality, which is one aspect of the "truth", you could say.

Certain chemicals act a certain way in our brain, which Dictate our perspectives of reality.

Certain plants act a certain way in our brain to alter those chemicals, wich inturn alter the way we perceive reality.

We as humans live on the earth, We are made of earth (as unleashed68 even said), and we are sustained from it. So my opinion is that if a naturally occuring earthly substance can alter the way we perceive things.....here....on earth. Than its a valid component to the overall reality or "truth", of the human experience

"Conciousness exists before and after the incarnation. All entities are entities of infinity and are eternal.

This incarnation that you now enjoy to experience and learn was chosen by you for the lessons and experiences that it has to offer.

Namaste."

I think we have a winner folks

-Cheers

[edit on 17-1-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Become aware of the situation in which you have placed yourself as a stranger in a strange land, and as a native of that land within the body of bone and muscle, that chemical distillery that carries you so well through your physical incarnation.

You are an entity, that is using a bio-chemical body in which to experience the earthly illusion. The body is but a reciever, not who you are but instead in service to you just as you serve it with small daily tasks such as eating, cleaning, etc... etc...

Namaste

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravhen
I fail to see how you can view truth as something subjective. If I were to drop a ball it would hit the ground, and therefore the TRUTH is that it hit the ground. Now you can believe that the ball flew into the air, exploded, reformed, and disappeared...but that doesnt change the TRUTH, only your BELIEF. People can choose to believe whatever they want, but there is always an underlying solid truth that cannot be changed.

but you believe that it is a 'ball'.......we 'all' do because we've been trained to for convenience (learning language is to get fed and eventually laid, and later to lie, right?)
and in fact the ball doesn't hit the ground, if im not mistaken. there is a funky effect of gravity (electro-magnetism) wherein the electrons in the ball repel those of the ground (and vice-versa) so there is no actual contact, just a layer of charged particles separated by almost zero. its been a while since college, but im pretty sure that i am right.

so which truth is correct?

and that doesn't even bring into play the Ultimate Truth of emptiness, but if you don't accept Buddhism as fact then i guess it's just my opinion....and nagarjuna, dalai lama, and around 36 million people...

so again i ask you what is 'the truth'?

lao tzu-
"The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnameable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding. "
academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

but this is again one of those "ultimate Truths", not a conventional truth. conventional? mater is composed of, well, matter, and it has a tendency to break down. doesnt the law of entropy say the universe tends towards chaos or 'disorder'? so logically even 'truths' break down.....

[edit on 17-1-2010 by IandEye to change choice of translation/add reference link

[edit on 17-1-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To Unleashed68 ...

I have never in my Life heard the Human Condition described as you have just put forth in this Thread . I often wondered if my Perceptions of Reality were distinctly my own , or just part of a Collective of simular Minds . Now I do . Thanks for Clearing that up ............

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

100% agree!

Originally posted by SeditiousDissent
1. The human body needs water to survive - Truth
2. Bees make honey - Truth
3. World War 2 happened - Truth
4. There are 13 stripes on the US flag- Truth
5. "I" before "E" except after "C" except when it sounds like "A" as in "neighbor" or "weigh" - Truth
6. There isn't a word in English that rhymes with "purple" - Truth
7. 7 comes after 6 - Truth
8. Lions are carnivorous - Truth
9. The earth orbits the sun - Truth
10. China is a communist country - Truth

1 - If I am stuck in a desert for 2 days without water, is my body not surviving without water?
2 - It was my understanding bees make nectar product which we add things to make honey.
3 - Were you there to witness it? (philosophically speaking, there is no proof of anything except what you witness, even then what you think you witness may be wrong)
5 - Rottweiler?
7 - What about in numbers like 76?
10 - Really? Is everyone equal? Do party members have equal rights, or better than, the common farmer?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Dont forget about #6

Hirple-v. To walk with a Limp

Curple- N. 1. the hindquarters or the rump of a horse, a strap under the girth of a horse's saddle to stop the saddle from kicking forward
2. (transf.) the rump, the posterior

[edit on 18-1-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

Thanks for your threads: I have found them informative.

A qoute from your thread"

"If you have purposely harmed the life of another and received enjoyment from the harm, you have contaminated your spirit to guilt, and your spirit will not be able to lie upon release from the prison of the human body. Your spirit is not perceived by physical being and it may hide within the illusion of a physical presence, but rest assured your spirit is transparent upon physical release and all guilt is recognizable by other spirits, which will cause you to hide in shame and reincarnate into another physical presence."

Two questions:
The defenition of harming another and receiving enjoyment, is slightly vague for me. I can harm another firstly unintentionly and the harm causes an event that which creates satisfaction for me. Both could be unintentional. To define I assume that you mean intentional harm,knowing that I am harming, with a feeling of enjoyment for the harm itself that I am creating. Is this correct?
Secondly:
I have understood that after death we enter into into a space free of the so called "negative feelings like,pain or guilt for that matter, a realm of love and peace, understanding etc. Please explain then the "feelings" of guilt you refer to in this qoute. Why if there is forgiveness love and compassion , will we be in a space of guilt , driving us to enter another space and thus to reincarnate in shame ?? !!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The OP served up the obvious like a lunch lady, and then ducked out before he got to anything novel. I want my money back. I could've just gotten exactly the same from PT Barnum reciting the Golden Rule.

I need to start a religion. That's where the real money is nowdays.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

"If you have purposely harmed the life of another and received enjoyment from the harm, you have contaminated your spirit to guilt, and your spirit will not be able to lie upon release from the prison of the human body. Your spirit is not perceived by physical being and it may hide within the illusion of a physical presence, but rest assured your spirit is transparent upon physical release and all guilt is recognizable by other spirits, which will cause you to hide in shame and reincarnate into another physical presence."

It does not matter what it is that you do, for all paths are beautifully and equally loved unconditionally.

All is Unity, Unity is all that the One Infinite Creator knows.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

Incarnations are chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things. You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are.

"This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness."

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Death is the one certainty in life. Yes it is horrifying to think about, but it will happen. How or why does not matter. Our deaths are not something that we can predict or avoid. To quote a song by Dream Theater: "every breath brings me closer to my last".

Death is not something to be worrying about. It will happen when it happens. Whats important is doing the things you want to do while you're here. We are on this planet for a short time, then we are gone. So do you spend your time trying to get some joy out of life? Or do you spend your life worrying about when it will end?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join