It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bookreader

Well you could jump in after him but that would be pointless as he or she isn't the writer of the letter.
And if you mean myself you'd just fall up

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is EXCELLENT - Probably the best letter I've read in a long time, and it is all truth, even if it hurts some to hear it.

This may hurt some of you personally, and for that I apologise, but I am angry too:

I used to love America so much growing up, even wanting to live there for a time, now I despise what the evil people behind the curtain, and indeed other evils in full view of the people (Congress), have done to the good people of America, and the world.

What's worse is that the American people keep taking it and accepting it.

You are all so heavily dosed-up on things that either make you too lazy or too fat, too scared or too toothless, too brainwashed or too sheep-like to even do anything about it, and now, when the time has come to stand-up and be counted, make a difference, abolish and remove the baddies from power and start over, like you have the ability and God-given right to do; it's plain to see you have already lost the battle, and the war.

I wish I could un-learn the things that I have, and tell myself lies about the deep and nasty truths that I've learned of, but I can't.

I'm sorry to say it America, but as an entity in this world you make me sick. You are horrible and I hate you.

As a people, I feel sorry for the things you have had to endure, and I feel deep empathy and sympathy, for the past and the future.

[edit on 12/1/10 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
wowww you must be the smartest guy in the world than.......

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

This is EXCELLENT - Probably the best letter I've read in a long time, and it is all truth, even if it hurts some to hear it.

This may hurt some of you personally, and for that I apologise, but I am angry too:

I used to love America so much growing up, even wanting to live there for a time, now I despise what the evil people behind the curtain, and indeed other evils in full view of the people (Congress), have done to the good people of America, and the world.

What's worse is that the American people keep taking it and accepting it.

You are all so heavily dosed-up on things that either make you too lazy or too fat, too scared or too toothless, too brainwashed or too sheep-like to even do anything about it, and now, when the time has come to stand-up and be counted, make a difference, abolish and remove the baddies from power and start over, like you have the ability and God-given right to do; it's plain to see you have already lost the battle, and the war.

I wish I could un-learn the things that I have, and tell myself lies about the deep and nasty truths that I've learned of, but I can't.

I'm sorry to say it America, but as an entity in this world you make me sick. You are horrible and I hate you.

As a people, I feel sorry for the things you have had to endure, and I feel deep empathy and sympathy, for the past and the future.

most of the people dont even know what our constatution says, what a democracy is or how the three branches function..
LOL they just beleive what they say on tv..

we have no culture anymore.. No history, without a lawsuit, no identity, nothing.
When you have that, its called divide and conquor.. Bottumline the majority of America, is stupid and unhealthy..

Oh gotta go American Idol just came back on...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Well I will be damned. Go figure, another rant by a bunch of whiny-assed liberal/progressive/communist wanna-be's.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

i think its time for your diaper change sissy, in canada cuss words are an every day occurance, we use them to help empasize, we could say oh its such a wonderful day, but i choose to say , what a f---k-n beautiful f---k-n day, it has a nice ring to it and really tells it like it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What a load of crap.

I'd be interested to know exactly how many policemen, politicians, or corporate CEO's he's killed so far. How many buildings he's burned down. How many people he/she has recruited spreading the word of armed revolt.

That's what it would take, and the author admits it. Until someone is literally willing to take a gun, drive to DC, and murder members of our government, all the talk of real revolt (or even the desire for it) is fluffing the dandies of fools.

It smacks of a chain letter, hoax, rant, or other nonsensical trash.

I'd be impressed to hear otherwise.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
[sarcasm]
No, he has to be an al qaida infiltrator . All americans know this is untrue falsehoods . It is common knowledge that the wars in the middle east are to save american lives . If US had not had attacked Iraq in 2003 it is a very distinct possibility you would be speaking Iraqi by now . If they had not attacked those Afghan goat herders , there is no telling the level of destruction they could have wrecked upon American cities . You must not listen to these blasphemous lies , god has already told GW bush that it is gods decree that he must steal oil . It is gods wishes that his friends in halliburton make billions in profit . You must denounce these accounts from the mouths of demons . You must cast aside these lies from the mouths of the forked tongue and watch the truth that is fox news .
[/sarcasm]

[edit on 12-1-2010 by js331975]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
......and you do NOTHING to stop ANY of it.

This is your heroic effort to save us all?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Amen! Is is great to see that some are abreast to the Hegelian dialectic mode of manipulation. To hell with both the Democrats and the Republicans. The poster is right, when will people step up and take action? I hope very soon...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Off topic a little, but mentioned in the original post-

Traffic camera's-

I can't stand the number of camera's I'm seeing everywhere? People don't seem to care, but only if they knew what these systems are capable of. Every highway, every traffic light, buildings, banks, stores, etc.. I'm sure even more areas you couldn't believe. And even if these systems weren't being mis-used today, ........ they will be someday. You can be tracked everywhere.

Most say if you have nothing to hide it shouldn't bother you. But it leaves me wondering, what the hell does someone need to have the ability to do that for? It's in no ones self interest, to have tptb know of your every move and action.

Back to the traffic cams- I've always wondered how long it would take for people to become out raged and start vandelizing them...? lol Bash them down off street lights, shoot at them with whatever, anything.

most likely never, the government could put camera's in people's bedrooms and the average joe would think it was for his own safety.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by StupidCableGuy]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
THERE is a way to kill this beast that is eating the American people mind and way of life, starting with tv, just turn it off. All the poison start there. Ahh but one will say " I can't live without tv " well if so don't complain. We can start it, we can do it, all we have to do is spread the idea, embrace it with strong thinking - and it can be done here. It's proven that the political partys are the same, just pretending to be agaisnt eachother in public, and laughing behing the curtains. The people can do it peacefully.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

It isn't just the american government . I'd say it was around 18-20 ish per cent of the population . Given Bush's die hard core vote that never dropped below 28 % , take away a third of those for maybe reasons of confusion . You got yourself that 18% of right wing war mongering jim crow type racist klan loving brown people hating individuals . You can't absolve these people . They are not only a problem for the americans , but for the world as a whole when they next go about getting their religious nomination into the white house , aka maybe Palin next . These scurrilous types need addressing too , not swept under the carpet of 'it's the government '.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I agree. One day, people will understand that what they write is nothing more than a reflection of themselves. I highly doubt this guy is flawless himself and most likely just as *SNIP* stupid as the people he attacks.

oh well...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just wanted to agree with a lot of what ive read. He -the author of the original letter- is a bit angry yes and I think anger is largely bad and unconstructive, but in this case it served a purpose because it enabled him to express what is wrong with a lot of things in a strong way.

that said, i also agree with the recent post that said if you want to fix things. the most important first step is to ignore the smoke and mirrors they throw at you to dumb you down. turn off the tv. yes i watch tv, theres nothing wrong with it persay, but the average person worldwide with a tv watches over 4 or 5 hours a day. that is just sick. not only does it make you lazy you dont realise it but the worst effect is the rotting effect on your subconcious , self esteem, and not to mention your conscious intelligence.

the minute i turned off the tv at night and started reading books for 2 to 3 hours intead of vegging out, my conversatoinal skills imporved, my thought processes grew faster, and i felt happier and more energetic.
a simple thing like turning off their boob toobs and exercising their grey matter will do the sad majority i mean depressed majority of the world a lot of good. i guarantee.

once you are thinking for yourself! and not just ingesting what they tell you to, (even if you dont think you are, you are being controlled by the constant bombardment) you will find yourself more happy in the world just by having more time to think and be at peace. to feel the earth in its daily motions and be present around you is another thing.

if people were just stranded in the woods and had their food taken care of for a month so much good would come of their mental state and their physical and spiritual evolution. this can of course be done in an urban environment but most people lack the WILL to think for themselves.

its these simple few things that will fix the world for the better. it sounds like common sense. but the sad thing is common sense is not that common. we all see it everyday.

i hope i just didnt say things you all know and take for granted. and if i did its still all good because repetition breeds memory breeds change.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidCableGuy
Off topic a little, but mentioned in the original post-

Back to the traffic cams- I've always wondered how long it would take for people to become out raged and start vandelizing them...? lol Bash them down off street lights, shoot at them with whatever, anything.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by StupidCableGuy]

I've thought the same thing.

First, I thought about how easy it would be to take them out with a rifle.
Many of the ones around here are on the interstate, so there are areas where a shot could be taken, as opposed to taking a shot within an urban enviroment.

That thinking led me to wonder about paint ball guns.
Plastering these cameras with a paintball gun would not cause the same damage, obviously, but would still take the cameras out until someone came to clean up, affecting revenue.

Also, if you were caught, the penalty for discharging a paintball gun would be entirely different than the penalty for discharging a weapon.

Geez, they could probably hit you with attempted manslaughter for using a rifle.

As I type this, I'm realizing what a pu**y I actually sound like.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with the letter from the O.P.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
No offense to the OP, but I'm not shaking the hand of anybody on CraigsList.

THIS is a nation of *SNIP* COWARDS. If this nation had any *SNIP* WHATSOEVER, there would be a trail of DEAD MEN SWINGING FROM THE ENDS OF ROPES leading from AIG, thru WALL STREET, the not-so "Federal" rese....

*Yawn*

And if the letter writer had any balls, there'd be a breaking news story on all the major networks by now. Good to see you're all willing to back him up, though I have to wonder if the good General will be leading the charge - or is he too important to the movement to risk marshmallows in his hot cocoa out of fear of choking.

I'm all for revolution, when the time comes that revolution is actually necessary. In the mean time, I see little sense in chest thumping and rage displays which are all sound and fury, indicating nothing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes , the TRUTH Does Hurt Sometimes................

Live Free or Die is just not a Slogan Anymore, it's a Choice all we Americans must make one day Soon............

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Hey that is really strange.I was just thinking all that myself just the other day.

Must have been some strange synchronicity or something.

How about no. You were thinking all of that just the other day dude, thats awesome!!

Really what were you thinking at that time of this posting?

Moreover, why is everybody acting like the writer is a man to be admired? Everybody can write letters complaining and whining, and I'm not impressed. People more or less write this same crap here every day.

No crappy excuses why this men should be respected. In reality he is just onother one writing what he wishes he could do.

Not worthy of a handshake.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

i agree with this post completely but now we need a solution. anybody have any ideas to really begin to fix these issues?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join