It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For Being Fat America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
America has the Highest rate of Obesity out of any Country in the world

look at these DISGUSTING statistics

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The BMI is not a good barometer of healthiness. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I know some people that are muscular and healthy,but their bmi says their obese when they are in fact not.
just wanted to say that. And im sure their are other people like that in the country.

but the problem looks bad on all americans unfortunately. and when people from other countries hear the word "american",what comes to mind is (not in all people though)a really fat prson with a Mc D's

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
America has the Highest rate of Obesity out of any Country in the world

look at these DISGUSTING statistics

www.cdc.gov...

how many people do you know that are fat? I'm guessing a few.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i choose not to associate with people that are FAT, i know Of a ton, i dont know any

(total joke people)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well people I know who went to America say the meals are HUGE. Is that true?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yes they are gigantic, especially in the south, all the fried chicken and soul food

link   
reply to post by l neXus l

The standards used are laughable. According to their idea of obese almost ALL professional athletes, bodybuilders, soldiers, fighters, etc...are obese. The method is WAY outdated, if ever even accurate.

link   

America isn't fat, it's just big boned

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the only thing that is disgusting is you slagging people of for what size they are

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
im not slagging the People, im slagging America for the food they allow! the FDA allows way to many things in their foods that contribute to diseases, like diabiteis cancer and obesity

get rid of the
HFCS
get rid of the MSG

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

i choose not to associate with people that are FAT, i know Of a ton, i dont know any

I choose not to hang with opinionated jerks and I know at least one.

I do hang with some awesome people that, I gather, you would consider fat. I never really considered that I shouldn't be friends with fat people. And wow, that CDC graph.....makes ME fat!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well Britain and Australia are closing in... if they're not in front.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ha ha.... My dad's fatter than your dad

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

(total joke people)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by l neXus l]

Nice edit there...

But seriously... if you judge your friends or Potential friends on anything other than personality or shared interests.... then you have issues.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

He, he, just come down to the south, you will be amazed . . . you can count how many people are actually within what is call "skinny".

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i was joking about associating with fat people, i dont care what you look like, if you are cool, you can be my friend.

i was criticizing the FDA pretty much

and dang, australia and brittan to
what is it with english speaking people

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification, there. You DID sound like a fattie-bigot!

I think the FDA can come down hard on everything, but, it still doesn't matter because people are in charge of raising that fork themselves.
I heard a blurb on the morning news this a.m. on how, when tested, many foods are horribly off between the nutrition fact data and real life. Like: The nutritional data says 18 calories and, when tested, was actually more like 50 calories.
Do you blame the FDA?
Do you blame the food maker for disingenuous numbers?
Do you blame the dieter, who thinks it's only 18 calories to begin with, for eating it in the first place?

I say "Take care of yourself, take blame when you fail". That may just answer the question in your "Pre-determined fate" thread too.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Thanks for the clarification, there. You DID sound like a fattie-bigot!

I think the FDA can come down hard on everything, but, it still doesn't matter because people are in charge of raising that fork themselves.
I heard a blurb on the morning news this a.m. on how, when tested, many foods are horribly off between the nutrition fact data and real life. Like: The nutritional data says 18 calories and, when tested, was actually more like 50 calories.
Do you blame the FDA?
Do you blame the food maker for disingenuous numbers?
Do you blame the dieter, who thinks it's only 18 calories to begin with, for eating it in the first place?

ooh now your criticizing me? go to sleep tonight, see if you wake up =P

just kidding, eat lots of salad and you will be good
I say "Take care of yourself, take blame when you fail". That may just answer the question in your "Pre-determined fate" thread too.

Cuhail

link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Well people I know who went to America say the meals are HUGE. Is that true?

Very true, and I live in Canada.
Last time I went to a restaurant in south Carolina and I ordered waffle with bacon.

I did receive waffle with bacon, a very large wafle with bacon INSIDE
Did I mention the 3cmx3cm cube of butter they put on it? Disgusting...

Maybe meal are very large but people I've met are friendly!

link   
It's common to argue about this, but it doesn't help the situation at all. People are going to get defensive about their own weight like they themselves are at fault, when a little weight isn't the issue.

Are you so overweight that you cannot pick yourself up when you fall off a chair or trip? Do you need to call the emergency squad when you do? Can you walk through a store without the use of a scooter? Are you the type that eats fast food almost every day?

The issue isn't people with a little weight. Not really. And if you are insulted about being a little heavy, then get off your butt and take responsibility for it. If you can't take responsibility for your own weight, then who are you going to say is responsible for it.

I'm not talking about the people that could lose the extra pounds by jogging anyway. Get over it, if you think we are insulting your belly. Otherwise this thread is going to sink into name calling or something equally stupid.

I'm talking about seeing more and more people around that need a visit from someone like Richard Simmons. It's getting ridiculous. This is tolerated in America like you wouldn't believe.

So what to do about it? The only thing you can do is make sure you yourself do not get that unhealthy. You can try to talk to your friends or loved ones if they are that heavy, but from very personal experience i can tell you that if someone wants to have food more than their health, or the thrill of being healthy, then their is literally nothing you can do about them.

To the people that choose the act of eating over everything else, to the point where food is compared to a drug, i can only very sorry for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join