It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of alien confirmation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
After reviewing the Ramey memo my mind started wandering about what the ramifications would be if aliens were either confirmed or, landed in the middle of Times Square or perhaps in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. Many things come to mind but here are a few of my thoughts. Whats yours?

* Confirmation or debunking of the events in the Bible.

* Loyality to new alien beings instead of earthly governments and/or leaders.

* Mass panic & chaos.

* A new order in the world.

* Would it bring peace or catastrophic instability?

I personally believe that aliens are known to exist by many of the world's governments and have been for some time. My personal confirmation of this was apparent after seeing the deciphering of the Ramey memo a few years ago. And the fact that I have seen six UFOs in my lifetime that were clearly not from this planet. To me this is the single event that could change the course of history and I feel that it has been kept secret for that very reason. Is the gov in colusion with aliens by some agreement so this will not happen? I don't know.

But I do know that after my proof became apparent by the Ramey memo, I have more doubts about the world's governments than I'll probably ever find an answer for.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
if they landed here they would unfortunatly get shot....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Unfortunately, I concur

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I think it might depend on where and when they landed. Besides, who's to say that bullets would do any harm.

It sure would be interesting times, though. The level of distrust people have in authority (somewhat paradoxically combined with a strong desire for authoritarian rule in some groups), as well as all of the different portraits (evil, benevolent, and everything in between) of ETs in the media would surely lead to strong emotions....

I do find it interesting that the Vatican really seems to be preparing for the discovery of ET life, which could be a stabilizing force,...

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I do find it interesting that the Vatican really seems to be preparing for the discovery of ET life, which could be a stabilizing force,...

Exactly. If/when in my lifetime it does happen I hope it is a stabilizing force for sure. or at least a presence that keeps those in governments in check by their presence alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

u concur? lol

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
After reviewing the Ramey memo my mind started wandering about what the ramifications would be if aliens were either confirmed or, landed in the middle of Times Square or perhaps in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. Many things come to mind but here are a few of my thoughts. Whats yours?

You couldn't have "reviewed" the Ramey memo for it no longer exists or it's lost in some archive. There is no irrefutable evidence that anyone has been able to decipher what can be seen of it in the photo taken by J. Bond Johnson and the one taken by Maj. Charles Cashon it so that it proves what is claimed by pro-Roswell crash authors. Instead of accepting fantasy, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

From Karl Pflock's book "ROSWELL: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe", Chapter 16, p209, BANDWAGON, GRAVY TRAIN, AND THE WILL TO BELIEVE:
"That this is the case is suggested by what aerospace engineer and ufologist Brad Sparks discovered as long ago as the early 1980s. In 1980, Sparks was the first person to be able to read a word in the Ramey message: "BALLOONS." In 1985, working from a good blowup copy of one of the photographs, he was able to pick out: "WEATHER BALLOONS," "'DISC,"' "LAND," and "FORT WORTH." (NOTES: 10)

Buy the book or borrow it at your local library for the rest of the story.

[snip]

I personally believe that aliens are known to exist by many of the world's governments and have been for some time. My personal confirmation of this was apparent after seeing the deciphering of the Ramey memo a few years ago. And the fact that I have seen six UFOs in my lifetime that were clearly not from this planet. To me this is the single event that could change the course of history and I feel that it has been kept secret for that very reason. Is the gov in colusion with aliens by some agreement so this will not happen? I don't know.

You know, beliefs are created by mental conditioning. Something that you may not realize 'cause if you did you wouldn't be crowing about it for it simply means that you are gullible and accept claims without requiring evidence. A sad state of mental affairs.

You really have no knowledge about aliens or governments knowledge of aliens. Using the Ramey memo as a reference does not rate high on the logic scale. I've also had 6 UFO sightings and I would never go on the record as saying that I know anything about what I saw let alone that they're not from this planet. Nobody is keeping any secrets, everybody sees UFOs every day. You need a mind douche and replace some of your assumptions with a desire for common sense with a sprinkling of logic for good measure.

[snip]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, we can draw some comparisons to our own experiences here on Earth, when extremely advanced civilizations encounter very primitive cultures:

• Primitive culture either immediately goes on defensive or meekly submits to the advanced interlopers.

• Advanced interlopers — usually seeking to exploit natural resources — overrun the primitive culture with scarcely any resistance.

• Primitive culture is assimilated or driven to extinction.

• Advanced interlopers enslave and/or imprison any survivors of the primitive culture.

We see the same story played out time and again all throughout recorded human history. There's no reason to think our encounters with advanced extraterrestrial intelligences would be any different.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone is so ready to toss all earthly things away and just bow down to whatever it is the aliens say, if they land. From various accounts on ancient mythology here on ats, it's pretty obvious that early humans were subservient to these "gods" or whatever they called themselves.
People think we are slaves now and think abandoning their species and becoming slaves to another race is a good thing?
Of course odds are they are much, much older than us and have created a method of peace or near-peace that has allowed them to survive. Will they share this type of knowledge when they have a whole planet of apes hanging on their every word?
They should have to prove themselves like anyone else, and thus far they haven't been very transparent or forthcoming in stating their intentions.
The announcement of their presence isn't enough to go off of, it all depends on their actions. Perhaps that is why they are stalling, if here at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

First of all, what does 'human history,' as you put it, necessarily have to do with alien history?

Many times humans fear in others what they secretly fear/ harbor in themselves. That is one offshoot of the psychological phenomena known as 'self-fulfilling prophecy.' This can create in the other what was never there, and yet one more reason why alien life may feel the need to stay on the down-low until the overall emotional intelligence of humanity ticks up a notch....

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Well, we can draw some comparisons to our own experiences here on Earth, when extremely advanced civilizations encounter very primitive cultures:

• Primitive culture either immediately goes on defensive or meekly submits to the advanced interlopers.

• Advanced interlopers — usually seeking to exploit natural resources — overrun the primitive culture with scarcely any resistance.

• Primitive culture is assimilated or driven to extinction.

• Advanced interlopers enslave and/or imprison any survivors of the primitive culture.

We see the same story played out time and again all throughout recorded human history. There's no reason to think our encounters with advanced extraterrestrial intelligences would be any different.

— Doc Velocity

your comparing apples and oranges my friend. Your talking about human beings with 'power' looking for more power..

human beings and aliens 'could be' from the 'type' of tree, meaning: we both have legs, arms etc..however of the each apendages, each one of those are differrent.. such as the eyes..

Human beings have eyes and by all accounts from what we've heard of so far, and my personal experience from years ago, they too have eyes but vastly different.

Again, you can't use human beings actions toward other human beings thorought out history to compare what the aliens will/might do.

/my2c

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
You couldn't have "reviewed" the Ramey memo for it no longer exists or it's lost in some archive. There is no irrefutable evidence that anyone has been able to decipher what can be seen of it in the photo

Agreed, the memo hasn't been "deciphered" at all, in my opinion. Even the best guesses are strongly-biased fantasies. You can come up with any message you can imagine based on the severely blurred and distorted enlargement.

Have you ever tried this experiment?

Have someone take a brand new newspaper that you haven't seen and tell them to walk away to a distance of about 40 feet. Tell that person to turn around and hold the newspaper up for you to see. At 40 feet, you shouldn't be able to read the headlines at all.

Try to read the headlines. Write down what you think the headlines say.

Then ask the person to tell you what the headlines actually say. Voila, as soon as you hear the actual content of the headline, you can magically SEE and READ the headlines very clearly, even at 40 feet!

Your brain has just assembled the visual message out of a blurry mess, based on something you heard.

Same thing applies to these "investigators" trying to extract meaning from the Ramey memo — they already have a bias of what they want the memo to say. Their brains will assemble a message for them, as long as they ALREADY THINK THEY KNOW what it says.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

* Confirmation or debunking of the events in the Bible.

* Loyality to new alien beings instead of earthly governments and/or leaders.

* Mass panic & chaos.

* A new order in the world.

* Would it bring peace or catastrophic instability?

But I do know that after my proof became apparent by the Ramey memo, I have more doubts about the world's governments than I'll probably ever find an answer for.

the only thing that still comes to mind would be what is their agenda.. answer that riddle and the rest is easy ..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't put a whole lot of weight into the Ramey memo. Here they are trying to tell the world that what crashed was a weather balloon, and the general in charge allows a picture to be taken of himself with the memo that basically confirms it to be extraterrestrial, in his hand. There's stupid and irresponsible, and then there's that.

Marcel: Hey, General...you ready to go to this press conference and lie to the world about what crashed on that guy's ranch by telling them it was a weather balloon?

Ramey: Of course! It was my idea.

*walks a few steps*

Ramey: Ooops...almost forgot. I'm gonna bring the memo that confirms it really being aliens from another planet and hold it my hand the entire time.

Marcel: Good idea, sir! Hopefully they'll get a couple pictures of that.

Ramey: I know, right.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
First of all, what does 'human history,' as you put it, necessarily have to do with alien history?

Human history is all we have for comparison; that is, we only know how we will react in a given situation. We cannot predict with any degree of certainty how an advanced extraterrestrial civilization will treat us, but we can conjecture how we will react.

WE will either submit meekly or we will attempt a defense.

WE will either be assimilated or exterminated.

WE will be in no position to offer an extraterrestrial intelligence anything of significance — and they'll probably be here to exploit our vast water resources or something like that, which will relegate us to the backseat, since we have no idea of how to successfully exploit or conserve our water resources.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I don't put a whole lot of weight into the Ramey memo. Here they are trying to tell the world that what crashed was a weather balloon, and the general in charge allows a picture to be taken of himself with the memo that basically confirms it to be extraterrestrial, in his hand. There's stupid and irresponsible, and then there's that.

Marcel: Hey, General...you ready to go to this press conference and lie to the world about what crashed on that guy's ranch by telling them it was a weather balloon?

Ramey: Of course! It was my idea.

*walks a few steps*

Ramey: Ooops...almost forgot. I'm gonna bring the memo that confirms it really being aliens from another planet and hold it my hand the entire time.

Marcel: Good idea, sir! Hopefully they'll get a couple pictures of that.

Ramey: I know, right.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Respectfully, but your whole paragraph is a parody of only what you think was the conversation at the time. In short, speculation. One must consider during that era people were different, in both what they did and how they acted. No memo today would be turned so that the camera could capture it's contents. back then there was only very elementry photographic equipment in use compared to todays. So regardless of what was on that memo it wasn't a concern to consider which direction it was facing.

There aren't a whole lot of words that were deciphered but as it been said before, the ones that were are of the most interesting ones that were.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just wonder if they did land in a grocery store parking lot and hit someones car, or worse just destroy it, who would pay for it because you know they don't have the same currency as us.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

You make a valid and accurate point about the difference between what they did then and what they would do now. I agree with you there.

However, it's all speculation.

While some words appear to be obvious, others not so much. Don't mistake this as me trying to debunk Roswell. I personally believe something extraterrestrial crashed there. This piece of evidence, in my opinion, is unreliable.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

You couldn't have "reviewed" the Ramey memo for it no longer exists or it's lost in some archive. There is no irrefutable evidence that anyone has been able to decipher what can be seen of it in the photo taken by J. Bond Johnson and the one taken by Maj. Charles Cashon it so that it proves what is claimed by pro-Roswell crash authors. Instead of accepting fantasy, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

From Karl Pflock's book "ROSWELL: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe", Chapter 16, p209, BANDWAGON, GRAVY TRAIN, AND THE WILL TO BELIEVE:
"That this is the case is suggested by what aerospace engineer and ufologist Brad Sparks discovered as long ago as the early 1980s. In 1980, Sparks was the first person to be able to read a word in the Ramey message: "BALLOONS." In 1985, working from a good blowup copy of one of the photographs, he was able to pick out: "WEATHER BALLOONS," "'DISC,"' "LAND," and "FORT WORTH." (NOTES: 10)

Buy the book or borrow it at your local library for the rest of the story.

[snip]

You know, beliefs are created by mental conditioning. Something that you may not realize 'cause if you did you wouldn't be crowing about it for it simply means that you are gullible and accept claims without requiring evidence. A sad state of mental affairs.

You really have no knowledge about aliens or governments knowledge of aliens. Using the Ramey memo as a reference does not rate high on the logic scale. I've also had 6 UFO sightings and I would never go on the record as saying that I know anything about what I saw let alone that they're not from this planet. Nobody is keeping any secrets, everybody sees UFOs every day. You need a mind douche and replace some of your assumptions with a desire for common sense with a sprinkling of logic for good measure.

[snip]

The same could be said for you and your beliefs also....But I won't.

I am posting this to go on record with my discovery of what I consider a real UFO entrance on the moon. Many threads have been posted with what the posters think are lunar bases and what has been offered in the way of images fail to convince that what one sees could be a lunar base for UFOs and aliens. Look at my photos and see if you agree that what I found could be considered a real UFO entrance. But first a little history as to how I came to find the spot.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

I think it provides more insight as to what possibly happened there compared to the scenario if the memo had not been turned around at all, and therefore been obscured totally.

Perhaps I could have worded my initial post more accurately in that sense. I was only giving my personal view on the memo. But, I do believe and for me the words kinda fall into the right place more or less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join