It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 years ago the 10 commandments were written on a rock in New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Tel Dan inscription was written around 1000 BCE. Since the Los Lunas inscription uses the same script, it is safe to conclude that the Los Lunas inscription was written by a Hebrew people about 3,000 years ago. Other ancient Hebrew inscriptions have been found around the country including Tennessee and the Mississippi Valley.

www.revelationsofthebible.com...

Signs and wonders in the end times. God is letting america know its true origins.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow looks like it was carved yesterday.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

The Tel Dan inscription was written around 1000 BCE. Since the Los Lunas inscription uses the same script, it is safe to conclude that the Los Lunas inscription was written by a Hebrew people about 3,000 years ago. Other ancient Hebrew inscriptions have been found around the country including Tennessee and the Mississippi Valley.

www.revelationsofthebible.com...

Signs and wonders in the end times. God is letting america know its true origins.

This is intriguing; though I completely disagree that this is "god" somehow.
And once I read about the ancient hebrew script that's in Tennessee.
It was in a Nat Geo magazine; it's fascinating to think of ancient hebrew tribes migrating to the new world before even the vikings.
The linguistic evidence makes me think that they did so.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

If the 3000 year period is correct then it was written about 500 years after they were given to Moses at Horeb...
...which would be approximately 1000 BC...
...that's possible.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
you do know Inscription Rock (As we locals call it) doesn't look like that any more
Pictures of recent vandalism

Edit to add... since your web site cites Roger Williamson's article about his personal inspection and investigation of the Los Lunas Inscription, other inscriptions in the area and the topography. I thought you might like to read what was originally written in that account.Turning Right at the Burning Bush,

[edit on 2-1-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's an interesting site, and an interesting posting, but you know it all hinges on the dates put forward. That's a pretty large premise to hang on a site that doesn't appear to be scientifically dated...and North America is rife with fraudulent sites that would tend to ascribe the Continent to Lost Tribes, rather than the Natives who had been scammed for their land and resources.

Keep us informed on how the dating process goes.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

www.badarchaeology.net... Despite the claims of high antiquity, there are features of the text (such as the mixing of letter forms between two separate alphabets) that are much more likely to derive from the work of a modern forger than from an ancient Hebrew or Samaritan scribe. The evidence for its origin is poor, but a comparison with the Bat Creek Stone suggests that it was a Mormon forgery. The ‘Mormon Battalion’, which was part of the US Army during the Mexican War, is known to have marched from Santa Fe down the Rio Grande Valley, passing close by, and it is possible that this is the date of the inscription.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jan 2 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
www.epcc.edu...

The United States government responded with a series of laws, court tests and political activities designed to destroy the community and force it to join the remainder of the country. The Edmunds-Tucker Act dissolved the church as a legal entity and declared polygamy illegal in 1862.

Brigham Young now began to consider taking the gospel into Mexico, which had passed legislation encouraging foreign immigrants to colonize its northern territory. Young called on Daniel W. Jones and Henry Brizzee to prepare for a trip into Mexico. The missionaries were also instructed to begin translating the scriptures into Spanish.

In the early autumn of 1875, Young sent Jones and five elders on horseback to Mexico. During the 3,000-mile trip, the missionaries stopped frequently in New Mexico and Arizona, preaching the gospel and converting Indians. Jones and his team arrived in Franklin, Texas, (El Paso) in 1876, crossing through present-day Juárez. They were warmly welcomed by Mexican officials.

Meanwhile, Young urged Jones to find settlement locations as tensions were increasing in Utah. Governor Ochoa agreed to sell land to the Mormons to colonize, and in 1885, Church President John Taylor explored the area. Church officials selected Casas Grandes, a valley in the state of Chihuahua, as the place to begin settlement. On May 15, 1885, the Mormons began their exodus from the United States into Mexico.

The Mormons traveled in wagons, going through Deming and Columbus, New Mexico, and crossing the border at Las Palomas, Chihuahua. Many arrived at Casas Grandes before their land tracts were secured. They lived in wagons and dugouts as their savings dwindled, and they ate pigweed and mush, but the early settlers remained faithful to their convictions.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Despite the claims of high antiquity, there are features of the text (such as the mixing of letter forms between two separate alphabets) that are much more likely to derive from the work of a modern forger than from an ancient Hebrew or Samaritan scribe.

I appreciate what you are saying, and as one who pays some attention to such things I am aware that the issue is...shall we say, murky at best. Thank you for your comments.

But the original poster is better versed in Scripture than in the pre-history of North America so I would rather that he recognize the tools required to substantiate his theory than to simply issue an academic smackdown.

Just trying to keep the playing field friendly.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

God is letting america know its true origins.

That it was in the Middle East and magically transferred across the Atlantic and the ancient Biblical maps just glossed over this? Another paranoid fundamentalist believing in the silly lost Tribe of Israel theory being located in America...

Sadly though, it is a hoax. The writing seems rather too bold (which is the work of a computer - not God)

[edit on 2-1-2010 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Just trying to keep the playing field friendly.

Fare enough... and seeing as how Los Lunas is just a 30 minute drive south of my place up here in Albuquerque plus I and my family have been there a few times... so coming from a locals view point... if the PTB really did think this was more than a clever forgery... there is a remarkable amount of nothing... going on out at "Inscription Rock" ...no worshipers no flocks of the devoted, no academic research... heck its not even a popular local hang out... I've seen more people out at Gran Quivira then there in Los Lunas...

you would think if the PTB believe it... the site would be better protected by the Church if not the State.... Now that is my personal belief

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
you would think if the PTB believe it... the site would be better protected by the Church if not the State.... Now that is my personal belief

I am quite certain you are right. Helios and I have butted heads on a number of occasions...I simply wanted to call the site into question without him thinking I was gunning for him again. He'll understand...right, Sunshine?

Evidence of pre-Columbian visits from the Old World is very, very slim...pretty much limited to the Vikings at L'ans aux Meadows. That is not to say that such a thing would not cause academic excitement, rather that such claims are subject to serious scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I remember that family, sure do the "Moses of Tennessee" family. We use to exchange rocks (way before emails).

Sorry but, where do you people come up with this stuff?

Tru

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
maps.google.com...

34.785823,-106.997738

This is the spot on the hand drawn map thats is on the web site as close as I can figure.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well it does not look 3,000 years old to me. It looks like someone has screatched it fairly recently and is having a laugh. There's no weathering. Before people start thinking this is real they should go and look at an old building - oh, I know that there are not many old buildings in the US, so use your imagination - perhaps look at some hundred year old gravestones (you must have those)!

Regards.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

God is letting america know its true origins.

That it was in the Middle East and magically transferred across the Atlantic and the ancient Biblical maps just glossed over this? Another paranoid fundamentalist believing in the silly lost Tribe of Israel theory being located in America...

Sadly though, it is a hoax. The writing seems rather too bold (which is the work of a computer - not God)

[edit on 2-1-2010 by infinite]

Actually the "lost tribe" issue is silly since america was founded by the lost tribes. Northern europe is where the so called lost tribes went. The as God promised he gathered them into a land of milk and honey as they sought to find him. The "mayflower" fokes fullfiled the covenant and God blessed this land and placed his people here......

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In 1996, Prof. James D. Tabor of the Dept. of Religious Studies, University of North Carolina - Charlotte, interviewed the late Professor Frank Hibben (1910-2002), a retired University of New Mexico archaeologist, "who is convinced that the inscription is ancient and thus authentic. He reports that he first saw the text in 1933. At the time it was covered with lichen and patination and was hardly visible. He was taken to the site by a guide who had seen it as a boy, back in the 1880s." (Tabor 1997) At present the inscription itself is badly chalked and scrubbed up. However, Moorehouse compares the surviving weathering on the inscription to that on a nearby modern graffito dating itself to 1930. He concludes that the Decalogue inscription is clearly many times older than this graffito, and that 500 to 2000 years would not be an unreasonable estimate of its age.

The inscription uses Greek tau, zeta, delta, eta, and kappa (reversed) in place of their Hebrew counterparts taw, zayin, daleth, heth, and caph, indicating a Greek influence, as well as a post-Alexandrian date, despite the archaic form of aleph used. The letters yodh, qoph, and the flat-bottomed shin have a distinctively Samaritan form, suggesting that the inscription may be Samaritan in origin. See Lidzbarski (1902), Purvis (1968).

Cyrus Gordon (1995) proposes that the Los Lunas Decalogue is in fact a Samaritan mezuzah. The familiar Jewish mezuzah is a tiny scroll placed in a small container mounted by the entrance to a house. The ancient Samaritan mezuzah, on the other hand, was commonly a large stone slab placed by the gateway to a property or synagogue, and bearing an abridged version of the Decalogue. Gordon points out that prosperous Samaritan shipowners were known to live in Greek communities at the time of Theodosius I circa 390 A.D., and proposes that the most likely age of the Los Lunas inscription is the Byzantine period.

www.econ.ohio-state.edu...

Since this was not translatable until after 1993, how was it forged?

Such things are outside the closely managed history of the roman catholic church they too would ignore such a thing.

The fact that it has been ignored by most modern day churches provides evidence to me that it may be "real"......

There is much evidence the 'new world" was well know to the ancients.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

There is much evidence the 'new world" was well know to the ancients.

What is missing, though, is proof. The article you linked to is authored by a professor of economics...and also cites the infamous Barry Fell, who, as an epigrapher was one heck of a marine biologist. There is no peer review that confirms the assertions.

Which is all to say that the great conspiracy to suppress precolumbian visits from the Old World...you know, post First Nations migration...is a canard. There are a gazillion PhD students out there who want to make the cover of American Antiquity with the discovery of Samarians in the deserts of New Mexico...all they need to do is prove it. That is where the process stops dead.

Believe what you wish on the issue, Helios...but good faith and bad science don't need to prop each other up.

america was founded by the lost tribes. Northern europe is where the so called lost tribes went. The as God promised he gathered them into a land of milk and honey as they sought to find him. The "mayflower" fokes fullfiled the covenant and God blessed this land and placed his people here......

Interesting concept...where does it come from? My people are Northern European, and are not what you might call Semetic.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

lol I am 100% sure you are right, the script is really fresh . It could be like 100 years old, on the history scale thats yesterday. But i have the feeling it is a modern days fraud..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join