It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who hasn't seen the ocean or the snow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I was thinking about how fortunate I am to live five minutes from the beach and just a couple of hours from the snow.

I visit the snow atleast once a year, and in summer regulary go for a swim, and for the rest of the year fish in the bay and ocean.
These are things I just take for granted.

So I was just wondering who here hasn't seen the the snow or the ocean, and if it's something they would really like to see.

This is one of the beaches from where I live.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oceans are different. You're showing the Pacific there, it's lovely. Lived on it's coast. The Atlantic is not so nice. Miss it though. Your question is a good one, it's a pity for some people not to be able to experience these.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I can't imagine living in a place where there is no access to an ocean without having to take a plane and fly there.

I can do without the snow, but I LOVVVVVVVE the ocean.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I swam in the ocean once. You know what was in it. Jellyfish. All around me. I couldn't swim fast enough. I don't care too much for the ocean.
What does it for me is mountains. I never would have believed something could be so big. I've been in awe from mountains much more than the ocean. It snows a little every couple of years in this part of Texas (almost East) and that's enough for me.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Im lucky since I live in paradise I get to experience the Ocean whenever I please since I live 15 minutes from it.

I was also lucky enough to live in the states for a couple of years so I got to experience the snow, and it was awesome.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I live near the Ocean, and i grew up where it snows often during Winter. I can honestly say i prefer the ocean to the cold icy winters i've experienced in the past though.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I can lie in bed and see the sea through the window- how much better can it get than that?

Yes, we have snow too. No mountains, though, but they're not missed with miles of beach and countryside around. An ideal place for kids to grow up in!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've been to many oceans across the world, and it's a beautiful thing to experience. I've also seen many mountains, and they are just as beautiful in their own way.

Unfortunately, I'm relatively landlocked right now, with no ocean terribly close, and mountains pretty far away, too. But we do get plenty of snow in the winter! (Isn't that right, Intrepid
)
It sucks, but it makes you appreciate the summer far more, except when we're complaining about the wretched humidity!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeah, walk across your lawn in Feb. and the snow comes up to your waist. The mountains though, drive through the Rockies, WOW. Incredible experience.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Oceans are different. You're showing the Pacific there, it's lovely.

The pics I posted above are actually looking out into the Bass Straight, the mass of water between Tasmania and Victoria. To the left of it is the Southern Ocean and to the right, the Tasman Sea.

So far all who have replied have experienced both snow and sea, I thought there would have been quite a few people who havn't seen such things.

Well, atleast it's nice to know that most people have enjoyed these things.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by StationsCreation]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Great pics... I grew up around the 4 seasons. Lived in Hawaii for 6 years. I love the ocean and warm weather, but I did miss the change in weather.

join