It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Iran - CNN and Al Jazeera (english) Breaking News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

well...

Here is a link to over 3 million articles about Iran suppling hezbolla with weapons.
Simple Google Search

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Exclusive: Iran 27 Dec 09 Tehran on People taking over a police station

Iran 27 Dec 09 Tehran Police car On fire

Iran 27 Dec 09 Tehran people attacking basijis

*Warning strong picture* Iran 27 Dec 09 a Protestor dies in streets of tehran

More videos here on this guy's channel:
www.youtube.com.../u/0/ziBSdxea42g

Of course I stand with the brave Iranian people in their fight against the corrupt regime, but I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for the badly beaten "ordinary nice cops" who sometimes get caught inbetween the rage of the people and the security forces.

But!...down with the Basijis and the rest of the fanatics!

Vive le résistance!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
AJAX part 2?

The 1953 Iranian coup d’état deposed the democratically elected government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq.

The United States' Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) overthrew the government of the popular Prime Minister Mosaddeq at the request of, and with support from the British government. In what the CIA called Operation Ajax, the U.S. enabled Mohammad Reza Pahlavi to become an authoritarian monarch, who went on to rule Iran for 26 years until he was overthrown in 1979.

The coup was carried out by the US administration of Dwight D. Eisenhower in a covert action advocated by Secretary of State John Foster Dulles, and implemented under the supervision of his brother Allen Dulles, the Director of Central Intelligence. The coup was organized by the United States' CIA and the United Kingdom's MI6, two spy agencies that aided royalists and royalist elements of the Iranian army

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Seeing these protesters fight against what the majority of the US seems to believe is a 'corrupt' government makes me wish that our people would stand up against our corrupt government. I mean, I would think we would get all the support if we start some riots and everything since people stand by these protesters. So who would want to join me? I mean it's alright for these people to stand up for what they believe even if they are most likely a minority group, so i'm just assuming I would have people on my side if it were to happen here since I believe our government is run by corrupt officials.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Smart. (What is up here today?) You misspelled the word "supplying" in your link and I asked for links from a reputable site. Not a google search.

And since Hezbollah is Lebanese I think it would be safe to conclude that Lebanon provides the official support for that particular political/military group.

But I digress.

This is story of riots in Iran and Iran needed to coup is all political shenanigans and fear mongering. Pakistan is more likely to undergo a military coup then Iran is. And when Iran gets "the bomb" you will see all sorts of news about it and Fox and ABC will jump up and down telling you how bad it is and it will not mean squat! because they are not gonna nuke Israel! (Radioactive Fall out. Google that and which way the wind blows.) Iran just wants to a level field because Israel is always rattling its sabers.

Now these riots are more than saber rattlings. They are tried and true methods of nation destabilization. If you look to the classic examples of Cuba or Columbia you can see how the game works. Why fight a nation you dislike when you can get it to destroy itself?

Some how I do not think Iran will destroy herself. She has reached a digital level comparable with other 2nd world nations. The civil unrest there is bad for her and yet I do not see it turning into an Iranian civil war.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The nephew of Iranian opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi is reportedly among eight people killed in continuing clashes between police and protesters.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes, the CIA does have a long and checkered history in Iran, dating back to the 1953 coup. The British history of intervention in the region extends further back another fifty to sixty years prior to this.

People are quick to point the finger at the US and British intelligence services for this current civil unrest. At first glance, this very well be true. The discrepancies with Twitter in the first rumblings of the post-election dissent has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the Jundallah (which is believed to be backed by US security forces) has conducted guerrilla warfare in Iran recently, and George Bush did allocate millions into special operations in Iran. Obama hasn't exactly taken the opposite route; the media and the statements of American, European and Israeli leaders continues to indicate over military action against Iran.

However, look at the past history of US-backed coups. Operation Ajax in Iran took no time at all, Operation PBSuccess in Guatemala lasted a short time, Bay of Pigs (though failed) lasted two days. In fact, cross check this list with the time the coups took:

Coups Arranged or Backed by the USA

If there was the CIA organizing this turmoil, then you could bet that there would be more than angry college students hurling rocks and molotov cocktails at the police. No, what we see here is simply a group of people seeking a real change in their country, following the tactics that those in power used to oust the US puppets from their government. It would be silly to say that the CIA, MI6 or Mossad aren't watching these events closely, and perhaps they will use them to their advantage in the future. After all, Mr. Mousavi does have previous ties to the US intelligence community via Iran Contra.

Nobody here, aside from a few warmongers that lurk these boards, wants to see US intervention - covert or militaristic - in the affairs of Iran. But this doesn't mean we have to voice support for the current regime in Iran. If anything, we could learn from the bravery and willpower of the people protesting in the streets of Iran.

Only the people can save the people!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think the first page of "The Dummy's Guide to Propaganda" covers Iran in some depth

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Cue all the assholes saying the riots are CIA created. Idiots.

As I like to say, you cannot make """happy""" people risk their lives by rioting, regardless of who is leading the revolt.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

As I like to say, you cannot make """happy""" people risk their lives by rioting, regardless of who is leading the revolt.

Exactly this.

It makes no difference who is supporting, encouraging or assisting the protests, this is a people fighting against a corrupt government. It is their choice to do so, they're not being paid by the US to risk their lives in the streets.

And, on the killing of several people in Iran today...
This was a seriously bad move on the part of the government.

They have now increased anger and defiance ten-fold. There is absolutely no chance that the government can win this with a police force.

I am almost certain that we will now see the Iranian people protesting in even larger numbers, and taking their fight right to the doors of their political leaders.
There will be increased violence, and the regime will have to meet it with military force.

Then, there's is a very high probability that a military figure will then take power. I also believe that person will have been backed by the US and UK all along.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Coordination Center for National Iranian Armed Resistance Forces declares its existence.

mikverbrugge.tumblr.com...

This announcement was received via telephone from a high ranking Army officer of NIRU from Iran

Start of announcement

Saturday December 26th, 2009

In the name of God the Merciful & Forgiving

Praise be to God and peace on the His Messenger (PBUH) and his family
I take refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan

The coordination center for National Iranian Armed Resistance Forces (NIRU) hereby declares its existence & accuses the current government and the leader of the Islamic Revolution, Mr. Sayyed Ali Khamenei of legal transgressions and high treason of nation and homeland.

We, a number of Officers, Soldiers and personnel of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran, hereby declare our readiness for rise to the armed defense of our nation against the forces of the criminal, illegitimate, transgressing and occupying current Government of Iran, and hereby inform our brothers and sisters serving with the armed security forces of Iran, invite them to join us, request their support and ask them to provide cover for us in this moral & national act. A special request for support & cooperation goes to our brothers of the Military Police.

Our action has no political or revolting aspects. We’d rather see our actions as the carrying out of the moral & national duties of all soldiers & Iranians. Our intention is the defense of the oppressed against oppressors, and avoidance of further crimes committed by the illegitimate Government, as well as the return of freedom, peace, order & justice to our land.

Now, after 6 months of crisis, oppression, crimes, repeated violent transgressions of our nation’s rights, as well as the trampling of Constitutional & moral laws, the Leader and other main agents of the Government have stripped themselves of their qualification and legitimacy by committing these acts or failing to carry out their legal & moral duties and therefore are considered an occupying and forced regime. In accordance with the regulations of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran, we are commissioned to protect the lives, properties and honor of our nation, and defend our sacred soil, as well as combat all occupying forces within the borders of the land. Any failure in carrying out this duty is considered a betrayal of nation and oath. According to the constitution, the defense of the rights of the nation of Iran, and avoidance of the collapse of the country takes precedence over protection of the ruling regime. Such (defensive) action is “promotion of the good & rejection of wrong” which one is of the two main principles of our constitution, the other being democracy.

In accordance with the decision of this command, and in carrying out our national & moral duties, we hereby announce the initiation of Operation “Azadi” (Freedom).

Name of Operation: Azadi (Freedom)
Start of Operation: December 27th, at noon
End of operation: Upon declaration of acceptance by trusted & esteemed high ranking regime officials & unconditional surrender of the occupying Government & leadership.

Operational Stages:

1. Immediate creation of command and coordination centers at tactical level for seizing your places of service (bases,etc…) with complete observance of rank & military regulations.

2. Disarming & arrest of Government supporting agents within your units & transfer to military detention facilities under strict observance of their rights.

3. Announcement of seizing of your station & recitation of the principles and aims of the operation through military & public communication facilities as well as other news media.

4. Establishment of communication with allied units & coordination of operations

5. Start of combat mission at regional level, and expanding. In order to better identify ourselves to allies and protesting people, green symbols and the Hosseinian (green) banner should be flown next to our national tricolor banner.

Rules of Engagement:

1. Use of firearms is only permitted in defense of lives, property & honor of our people and allied forces.

2. In case they face Government forces, NIRU officers are obliged to establish communication & negotiate with the commanders of the opposite force in order to avoid violence.

3. Disarming & temporary arrests of opposing forces is permitted.

4. In case of request for cease-fire, and announced willingness to surrender by opposing forces, NIRU commanders are to carefully consider the proposition and, whenever possible, agree with such, and proceed as in rule 3 of engagement.

5. Refrain from heavy fire exchanges in residential areas and in the presence of civilians.

6. Avoid destruction (damage) of public or private properties

7. The responsibility to uphold the rights, and the lives of prisoners lays with the commander of the arresting unit & thereafter with the command of the prison.

8. Avoid any violent confrontation with unarmed civilians.

9. The responsibility to uphold public peace and order in (re)conquered areas lays with NIRU in accordance with the Artesh regulations for (re)conquering occupied areas within the borders of Iran, and in cooperation with local police & security forces.

10. Martial Courts can’t be held during the length of the operation.

Operational goals in combat theatre:

1. Defense of lives, properties, honor and rights of citizens within the borders of the land.

2. Downfall of the illegitimate & occupying rule of Mr. Sayyed Ali Khamenei, and the transgressing current Government.

3. Seizing & defense of the Parliament.

4. Seizing and defense of Government (Central & Provincial) buildings, Basij and other military bases & facilities nationwide.

5. Seizing & defense of Radio & TV stations across the nation.

6. Seizing & defense of prisons, supervising proper & legal treatment, freeing of political prisoners after appropriate due diligence & in coordination with responsible officials.

Cease-fire & end of operation conditions:

1. Establishment of a temporary Government in coordination and cooperation with members of parliament, members of the steering committee of the Expediency Council, Steering Committee of the Assembly of Experts for leadership, and other political & social elites & activists.

2. Carrying out a referendum within 3 months of formation of temporary Government, to determine whether people would want a new regime based on democracy & separation of 3 powers principles, observation of human rights, respect for all faiths & religions, legal equality of genders and religions.

3. Formation of an independent, impartial and just council to reform the constitution and other laws of the land, in order to avoid any future repetition of such deviations and oppression, this council should be in cooperation with all political parties & movements, as well as social, scientific and cultural groups.

4. Holding of free parliamentary, and presidential elections within 9 months of the referendum.

5. Dissolution of Basij forces, fusion of IRGC security forces, and police to a national police force.

6. Fusion of IRGC Combat Forces with the Artesh to form an apolitical, and national Army without interfering in economic, social or cultural affairs of the country.

End of announcement

Original Farsi :
dadiirandoust.mihanblog.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

It makes no difference who is supporting, encouraging or assisting the protests, this is a people fighting against a corrupt government. It is their choice to do so, they're not being paid by the US to risk their lives in the streets.

I agree, I don't understand people who would take the side of any violent, corrupt regime over the "voice of the people."

Ours included.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Amazing Video Shows Iranian Protesters Storming Gallows where Prisoners were Being Hanged - Video 12/26/09

www.freedomslighthouse.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why is this thread removed from the home page?

Big powers are eager to battle test their new weapons. I expect big war in this region because of that, not because Iranians want more freedom (which they will never get, like the rest of us).

[edit on 27-12-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I would be careful to not completely rely on Twitter for real coverage. Just last week I ran a thread which has details how Twitter was used as a propaganda weapon against Iran. I'll post the details relating to twitter here.

Back during the aftermath of the most recent Iranian election someone on ATS asked members with Twitter Accounts to change their location to Tehran and set the Time Zone to Tehran to make it harder for the Iranian Government to search through all the Twitter Accounts.

I went ahead and changed my Twitter account to Tehran and Tehran's time zone even though I live in Miami FL.

Which is by the way a great place for revolutionary types to live without having to first bother with all that blood and violence and gore of an actual revolution! Very popular I might add.

The point being is it is that simple to appear to be an Iranian on Twitter, there is no Twitter G-d that prevents you from claiming to be an Iranian living in Tehran even though you are a Miamiam living where ever it is we Miamiams live again.

Like many things coming out of Iran the sources can't really be verified, and there is very much a propaganda war going on against Iran by the Western Governments and Zionist Israel and it's supporters everywhere.

Most of it is dubious in it's source, most of it is highly exagerated and the current government in Iran does happen to exist as a product of a revolution against the Western backed and installed Shah.

For those concerned the SAVAK and the Iranian Army was extremely well armed and the citizens had likely fewer guns to fight this revolution than they do now.

History has proven two things time and time again when it comes to Iran, the people will in fact revolt if and when they really want too, and Western Governments can easily meddle in that process in and if they want to.

Ultimately it was our installation and propping up of the Shah's savage regime that led to the Islamic Revolution so that meddling does not always work out for the best people.

Ultimately the propaganda war being waged by the West and Israel is to return the Shah's son to power not a true democracy which as always is the last thing the leaders and oligarchs of the West want anywhere.

Iran's transitions instigated and carried out most often by the West have only ever served to take Iranians and the world from the frying pan into the fire, and rest assured this will be no different.

History always repeats itself by those who fail to learn its lessons and its obvious most people have no real idea about the history of Iran!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I guess now would be a great time for Israel to attack. What better time then when the country is all messed up.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

well, you may call people names, but the truth is:

we may be idiots, but ignoring the facts makes you an ignorant

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
didn't some israel top official have stated a few weeks ago that they would attack iran in december ?

->so here we go : they went for the intel/infiltration way as they did sooooo many times in sooooo many not-aligned countries over the past 70 years

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some of you forget that what the protesters over there are doing can't be done in any Western country since the repercussions will be a lot harder...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AphexTwins

As they should be. Anybody that protests with violence should be stopped.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join